LFR and ilvl requirments.

100 Human Mage
I see a lot of complaining about the ilvl you need to get into LFR and even heroics. Some players maybe have been playing since vanilla, others BC (like me), wrath, Cata, or the new players who joined MoP.

Let me tell you something most people already know about this game...

You have to EARN your gear. If you want to get into heroics, you either que for normals (which give you the gear you need to get into heroics) or spend JPs for the gear ilvl 450. Once you get into heroics you grind some more to get the gear up to ilvl 463 or spend valor points to vendors of factions you should have been grinding by now that you are 90.

Heroic gear more than meets the standards Blizzard has set in order to get into the LFR part of the game. Yes, your gear might not have dropped. So what? Do them the next day.

In order to see the top tier content you have to put in the effort. I worked and grinded for my gear. Did dailies every single day till I got the epic patterns for tailoring and bought my epic ring with valor points. Not to mention the 6 Imperial Silk that takes a WEEK to get without Spirts.

I put in my time and I deserve to see the content. I want to be there with people who earned it and put in the time to see the best of what Blizzard has to offer.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
10/05/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Wixers
I put in my time and I deserve to see the content. I want to be there with people who earned it and put in the time to see the best of what Blizzard has to offer.

I dont think they should of lowered the ilvl about it, but why should you be the one who determines who has earned what?

Isn't believing you should get something, the same as being entitled?

Thats rhetorical, the answer is yes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
In order to see the top tier content you have to put in the effort.
No. This is why Blizz implemented LFR. They wanted an option for people who wanted to see raid content to see the content without having to put in the time to get a spot on a normal raid group. That's the point for LFR according to Blizz.

I put in my time and I deserve to see the content.
So do normal and heroic raids. Who cares who is in LFR. It's not like they are challenging encounters. In DS LFR you literally didn't have to care about any mechanics, and it didn't matter if half the raid was in PvP gear. Why are you acting entitled to LFR which was intended for people who didn't care about, didn't have time for, or weren't good enough for normal/heroic raiding. Take all that time you put in and see the content through normal and heroic where the raids actually matter.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I dont think they should of lowered the ilvl about it, but why should you be the one who determines who has earned what?

Isn't believing you should get something, the same as being entitled?

Thats rhetorical, the answer is yes.

There is a difference between wanting to play with like minded players who actually care and being entitled. The raiding community as a whole was SO much better (skill wise, rest is opinion) in BC and vanilla because attunement quests where long and often times not easy. This meant that the people who where raiding where mostly people who had a general interest in raiding and not just a general interest in being carried to purples.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Entitled - 1.Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.
2.Give (something, esp. a text or work of art) a particular title.

This person is a claiming a right/just claim to receive stuff over others, thus it is being entitled.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/05/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Hiroran
This person is a claiming a right/just claim to receive stuff over others, thus it is being entitled.

He's not saying he has anymore right to it than anyone else does. He's saying everyone (including him) should have to put effort into getting into raids.

Entitled - 1.Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.

Sounds like this describes wanting to raid and not wanting to earn it pretty accurately to me.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Entitlement doesn't mention whether some worked for it or not, it just applies to thinking you should have something. It doesn't if they want it over someone or not either.

Most things in life can be called entitlement, its not an inherently bad thing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

10/05/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Hiroran
Entitlement doesn't mention whether some worked for it or not, it just applies to thinking you should have something. It doesn't if they want it over someone or not either.

You realize these two sentences say literally the exact opposite things right?

Also that was pretty much my point. OP was saying everyone should have to earn there way into raiding. The people who do not want to have earn anything and just want things to be handed to them feel that they are entitled to it. There is a big difference.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/05/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
there
their. Just because
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
10/05/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
You realize these two sentences say literally the exact opposite things right?

yes, but they are both true, thinking you have the right to something is entitled. Which is stated in both of those statements.

and that is my point thinking he deserves loot or anyone else because they worked for it, is still entitlement. Because they think they have a just claim for it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I always ask, I have the ilvl, why don't you?

It's not like it's impossible, why are people complaining about it?
Edited by Acetylcholin on 10/5/2012 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Let me tell you something most people already know about this game...

You have to EARN your gear.

Nope, this changed a long time ago, just hang around for nerfs, get gear for nothing, then stand around Stormwind asking for more nerfs.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I always ask, I have the ilvl, why don't you?

It's not like it's impossible, why are people complaining about it?

Are you asking me lol?
Reply Quote
Its been changed already 435 for heroics and 460 for LFR.

Continuing to argue a point you already lost seems a bit... well silly if you ask me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Most things in life can be called entitlement, its not an inherently bad thing.

Technically true, but doesn't really matter, since standard connotation for entitlement is the negative one. In particular it usually applies to people who don't want to do something and still get the reward, or want something someone else worked for.

I'd agree with you, but then you're just going to have to define it every time you go into a thread,and waste 10 posts on it, since it'll be new people in each thread. It's the same with casual/hardcore crap.

10/05/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Loktronotron
their. Just because

Every english teacher you've ever had just cried out in pain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/05/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Arianity
Are you saying that "earn there way into raiding" was the correct usage?

Besides, me and blaze were having a fun argument, I can't have fun?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Loktronotron
Are you saying that "earn there way into raiding" was the correct usage?

Besides, me and blaze were having a fun argument, I can't have fun?

lol, yeah i know.

And no, i thought you were saying "their is a big difference". :P

<3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I can see how that would be confusing. I learned English I promise!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/05/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Sarosha
Continuing to argue a point you already lost seems a bit... well silly if you ask me.

Thick Skull

Seems you've gotten blue posts by arguing nonsense, So I guess it can't hurt to use blind arguments and the like, especially calling all casuals bad, and assuming they're all lazy and can't finish heroics, I mean, that was your whole argument.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Back in DS, LFR requirement was 6 ilvl below heroic and JP gears; people didn't cry about requirement being too low... Now that LFR requirement is buffed to 3 ilvl below heroic gears and 3 ilvls above JP gears and people are crying that it's too easy to get in LFR... WTH?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]