LFR and ilvl requirments.

10/05/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Postonforums
Continuing to argue a point you already lost seems a bit... well silly if you ask me.

Thick Skull

Seems you've gotten blue posts by arguing nonsense, So I guess it can't hurt to use blind arguments and the like, especially calling all casuals bad, and assuming they're all lazy and can't finish heroics, I mean, that was your whole argument.

no I didnt say they were bad.

I said players are SELFISH...

Not bad, SELFISH!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I see a lot of complaining about the ilvl you need to get into LFR and even heroics. Some players maybe have been playing since vanilla, others BC (like me), wrath, Cata, or the new players who joined MoP.

Let me tell you something most people already know about this game...

You have to EARN your gear. If you want to get into heroics, you either que for normals (which give you the gear you need to get into heroics) or spend JPs for the gear ilvl 450. Once you get into heroics you grind some more to get the gear up to ilvl 463 or spend valor points to vendors of factions you should have been grinding by now that you are 90.

Heroic gear more than meets the standards Blizzard has set in order to get into the LFR part of the game. Yes, your gear might not have dropped. So what? Do them the next day.

In order to see the top tier content you have to put in the effort. I worked and grinded for my gear. Did dailies every single day till I got the epic patterns for tailoring and bought my epic ring with valor points. Not to mention the 6 Imperial Silk that takes a WEEK to get without Spirts.

I put in my time and I deserve to see the content. I want to be there with people who earned it and put in the time to see the best of what Blizzard has to offer.

K I didn't read any of your stuff, but the complain is justified. 463 is a BIT too high. 460 is about right. 463 means -every- piece has to be out of the heroic. Even if you have a 450 you like better, or the 463 just hasn't dropped. Now you can have 3 non 463's and queue.

Stop complaining just for the complexity of simplicity. I've raided since Vanilla, and LFR is meant to be a "Raid Heroic". Shouldn't require people to "EARN THEIR SPOT". The iLevel is there to make sure they can put out the DPS/HPS they need.

Idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Teodoro
K I didn't read any of your stuff, but the complain is justified. 463 is a BIT too high. 460 is about right. 463 means -every- piece has to be out of the heroic. Even if you have a 450 you like better, or the 463 just hasn't dropped. Now you can have 3 non 463's and queue.

It was true, but there are sha boots (recently added), 2 direbrew trinkets, VP, and crafted items.

460 is what it should be if those weren't in game
Edited by Arianity on 10/5/2012 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
no I didnt say they were bad.

I said players are SELFISH...

Not bad, SELFISH!

No, you imply they're bad
ALL THE TIME
Everytime you bring up a QQ post, you say things along the line of "Well the average player can't move with a mouse, So this boss is IMPOSSIBLE"

You insult the hell out of the average player everytime you get things nerfed in the defense of the 2,000,001 badual crusaders
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Entitled - 1.Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.
2.Give (something, esp. a text or work of art) a particular title.

This person is a claiming a right/just claim to receive stuff over others, thus it is being entitled.

If I felt entitled I would have said something about how I should get a higher roll on the gear because (insert reason). No, whoever participates in the downing of the boss should get the equal chance of getting an epic.

What I am saying is I want to raid with people who generally want to see the best top tier content blizzard has to offer. Not some misguided attempt to screw people over for gear.

LFR tool was designed not only for players who want to raid time to time, but to learn the mechanics of the fight for real raids. Which in fact are higher difficulty than LFR. But it is also there for players to see the end game content.

People need to put in the time to get the gear needed to see this content. If a ilvl 450 tank or healer goes into LFR they very well might wipe the group. Or dps because you won't have enough dps to down the boss before it enrages or the mechanics wipe the raid.

It's not about entitlement, it's about raid mechanics. Without the gear you cannot down the boss.
Edited by Wixers on 10/5/2012 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Is lowering the LFR requirement by 3 ilvls really so terrible? I think not. Requiring heroic items in most slots is reasonable. Requiring them in every single slot is not. I havn't done the new LFR yet, but considering people were able to clear DS LFR with full pvp gear, mixtures of 333, 346 and 378s ect, I'm really not that worried. The xpac just started. It might be a little rough at first, but things will smooth out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You kill normal Zon'ozz yet Sarosha?
Edited by Serieux on 10/5/2012 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/05/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Vyeeria
Is lowering the LFR requirement by 3 ilvls really so terrible? I think not. Requiring heroic items in most slots is reasonable. Requiring them in every single slot is not. I havn't done the new LFR yet, but considering people were able to clear DS LFR with full pvp gear, mixtures of 333, 346 and 378s ect, I'm really not that worried. The xpac just started. It might be a little rough at first, but things will smooth out.

DS is a bad example, but it's full 363, or one of the 12 ways listed to get 376+ gear
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Serieux
You kill normal Zon'ozz yet Sarosha?

Killed normal Zonnoz back at 0% on my pally

We got stuck at Ultrax at 0, couldnt get past the enrage.

Lets talk about LFr now
Edited by Sarosha on 10/5/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh ok
Reply Quote
I do have to ask one question

Why is this topic still going on?

The decision is made they are not just going to go... Oh the hardcore players dont want people 3 ilevels scrubbier in the first LFR... well lets just change it back to 463

Unless you want me to start working on getting heart/fear and terrace lowered to 467, since you know if the first two lfr were lowered by 3 then clearly it makes sense the next 3 should also be lowered by 3.

A ooking plookers now you get me using 363 instead of 463.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/5/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

The decision is made they are not just going to go... Oh the hardcore players dont want people 3 ilevels scrubbier in the first LFR... well lets just change it back to 363.

Technically, the blue post says they're looking into it.

But mostly because it's an interesting topic on it's own/we're bored.
Reply Quote

The decision is made they are not just going to go... Oh the hardcore players dont want people 3 ilevels scrubbier in the first LFR... well lets just change it back to 363.

Technically, the blue post says they're looking into it.

But mostly because it's an interesting topic on it's own/we're bored.

The change went in today. Go check the LFR tab.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/5/2012 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]