What class is your favorite tank?

90 Undead Warrior
just wondering if healers are noticing any differences on the whole
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
the reason i posted this in the healing forums is because they have a better perspective on tank damage than tanks because most tanks don't play 4 different types of tanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/05/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Sparklefever
And yes, most of the tanking forum regulars have most of the tank specs at max level

ok
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/05/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Sparklefever
If you checked tanking forums, general consensus is already Blood DK>>>Prot War>>>>Pally>Monk>Druid

That makes this druid very, very sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
From my admittedly limited experience healing heroics right now, I would agree with Sparklefever. Blood DKs and warriors really are just that much easier to heal when in comparable gear to the other classes. With that said, it doesn't matter what class you are playing if your back is to the mobs, and your healer is covered in adds. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Between my accounts I have all the tank classes and specs (besides monk). Same for healers. Slowly working them up as I just got back from a long break.

I think the question really is, what are the classes with the largest margin between good and poor players and how it effects healing. I call it my pre pull nervousness rating.

A well played DK is just a dream to heal. But a well played anything is easy to heal, but I think overall the DK has the largest margin which may just be the player base as I still feel most DKs were ex hunters. So while a well played DK is a dream, a poorly played DK is the worst to heal. And you never know until you see them pull (talking about randoms here). Most guild raid tanks who are Dks are pretty squared away and have risen to the top. This is the most nerve wracking class for me to see in a random because the margin is so large

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for warriors but that's because it's my favorite tank to play. While they have a decent margin between good and bad as far as impact, I think overall the warrior player base is more solid and I have less issues healing them as a result.

I think druids are about the same as warriors. A relatively large margin but mostly due to the the fact they just don't have the same tools as warriors.

I think pally tanks have the least margin from best to worst played. When I see a paladin, I usually don't worry.

Haven't seen enough monks to determine yet.
Reply Quote
With that said, it doesn't matter what class you are playing if your back is to the mobs, and your healer is covered in adds. ;)

For the most part this. I have only had one monk tank so far and he's wasn't very good, with a sample size that small on a new class I'm reserving judgement. I've had great tanks of all four of the other types in heroics that were cake to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I seem to see mostly DK tanks, but I healed one monk that I swear to god took NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER THE WHOLE DUNGEON.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
A well played DK is just a dream to heal. But a well played anything is easy to heal

Have to agree with this. I did like 15 Direbrew pulls in a row with an assortment of classes. I had good and bad experiences with almost every class. Actually had very few if any blood dks, so I haven't got to live the dream yet. Druids and Monks seemed to have a similar feel to them. I had some really good pallys where I had to do almost nothing, and a few bad ones where it felt hard to keep up. So just based on those pulls and that day my personal feeling was:
Pally>>Warrior>>Druid==Monk (like I said didn't get any DKs).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/05/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Kynrith
I seem to see mostly DK tanks, but I healed one monk that I swear to god took NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER THE WHOLE DUNGEON.

This! He even put absorbs on other people and nobody else took damage either.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you checked tanking forums, general consensus is already Blood DK>>>Prot War>>>>Pally>Monk>Druid

The last three don't matter that much to your question since you are not a Pally, Monk, or Druid

but if you suck at tanking nothing will make you suck less, not even rerolling a blood dk. actually that'll make you suck even more because DK passive mitigation blows, having a DK that spams Blood Boil with their Death Runes reverses that order entirely.

[e] Yeah you have nothing reforged and you're using Cata gems even though crappy green MoP gems are even cheaper and significantly better, nothing's gonna help you out there bub

What a *%!%#!#@ head answer, and a dickhead poster you are.

He asked a legit question. Excuse him for whatever gear/gems he has, I'm not a stalkertroll like you, so I havn't looked up his armory. Not everybody has 24 hours a day to play WoW, or troll forums like you likely do.

It was a simple question and you responded with a prick answer.

To the OP; The prick's answer of; Blood DK>>>Prot War>>>>Pally>Monk>Druid is currently correct.

In future tiers Monk and Druids may move up quite a bit due to their mastery scaling. At the moment they're trash compared to DK's.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/6/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Between my accounts I have all the tank classes and specs (besides monk). Same for healers. Slowly working them up as I just got back from a long break.

I think the question really is, what are the classes with the largest margin between good and poor players and how it effects healing. I call it my pre pull nervousness rating.

A well played DK is just a dream to heal. But a well played anything is easy to heal, but I think overall the DK has the largest margin which may just be the player base as I still feel most DKs were ex hunters. So while a well played DK is a dream, a poorly played DK is the worst to heal. And you never know until you see them pull (talking about randoms here). Most guild raid tanks who are Dks are pretty squared away and have risen to the top. This is the most nerve wracking class for me to see in a random because the margin is so large

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for warriors but that's because it's my favorite tank to play. While they have a decent margin between good and bad as far as impact, I think overall the warrior player base is more solid and I have less issues healing them as a result.

I think druids are about the same as warriors. A relatively large margin but mostly due to the the fact they just don't have the same tools as warriors.

I think pally tanks have the least margin from best to worst played. When I see a paladin, I usually don't worry.

Haven't seen enough monks to determine yet.

So true about DK's. Some DK's I can just sit back, relax, maybe do some DPS myself. Other DK's are just a gigantic PITA to heal and make me want to get the hell out of their group asap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I like any tank that can hold Aggro, Mitigate Damage, and knows what the hell he is doing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pally>>Warrior>DK>druid.

Pally currently has the most potential as a tank, 2nded by druids. However, the skill of the DKs I have seen cause them to drop below the mitigation that warriors passively provide. Have not seen a good bear yet this exp.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't like DKs because half the ones I heal for end up trolling me by suddenly dropping to really low health only to Death Pact or VB+DS themselves back up to full health while I'm trying to panic heal them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't like these threads because it gives the false impression to a lot of players that only 1-2 classes should 'tank' or they are BETTER tanks.

So far, I haven't seen any limitations in tanks for tanking raids, dungeons, and getting achievements. Obviously certain tanks are better for certain achievements - but that will always be the case due to different utilities.

You can bicker about class and such, but the best tanks are those that understand damge, EHP, rotations, and how to hold aggro - not which class has the most 'potential'.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]