Trillium

90 Night Elf Rogue
Anyone else having nightmares about Khorium?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Trillium is easy. The alchemy recipe that makes Trillium doesn't even have a CD. Just go farm Ghost Iron.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Not really. My alchemist can transmute it with no cooldown, and there's plenty of ghost iron around.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Well...was not aware of the transmute. Don't I feel like a dunce.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Nope. Yay 0 cooldown on the 10 Ghost Iron -> 1 Trillium transmute.

e: as clarified below, this is bars.
Edited by Ashley on 10/5/2012 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hopefully you have a transmute master. It makes it a lot easier.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
You don't even have to level your alchemist first, if you mean in terms of leveling. If you have someone who can gather, just send them a bunch of herbs. I grinded on nothing but Green Tea, Rain Poppies, the Snow Lilies, and a few Fool's Caps. Hit 600 earlier today and while making my Trillium gained the last two recipes I needed in Alch.

EDIT: Should be noted that the 10 Ghost Iron -> 1 Trillium stated above is 10 Ghost Iron Bars.
Edited by Shochu on 10/5/2012 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think Alchemists having an easier time of getting an ore than miners....is a bit of a problem.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
I think Alchemists having an easier time of getting an ore than miners....is a bit of a problem.
They don't get the ore.
The get the bars.
Which they then used to convert to Living Steel.

I'm okay with it, because it's keeping a hard cap on the price of Living Steel. (60 Ghost Iron bar cost + crafting free / tip)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I actually get a lot of Trillium ore from sealed crates whenever I go fishing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/05/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Shochu
Trillium is easy. The alchemy recipe that makes Trillium doesn't even have a CD. Just go farm Ghost Iron.

Oh god thats good. I was wondering how in the world I could get enough. Though I somewhat seeing blizzard putting a cooldown on this just to annoying me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Ashley
They don't get the ore.
The get the bars.
Which they then used to convert to Living Steel.

I'm okay with it, because it's keeping a hard cap on the price of Living Steel. (60 Ghost Iron bar cost + crafting free / tip)

Still easier than me as a miner making Trillium bars, nodes are few and between for that, while Ghost Iron is plentiful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Woot! Go Go Gadget Farming Mode.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
until they do slap a cd on it, then holy cow watch out. when everything slows for gathering and all bugs fixed. i better stock up on the cheese cause the whine will pour.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Hoping they don't put a CD on it. Seems fine to me. Then again that's why I also have alts. I like to play them, but they're amazing trade skill slaves. :3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Still easier than me as a miner making Trillium bars, nodes are few and between for that, while Ghost Iron is plentiful.
Look at it this way.
They rely on the miners to get them the Ghost Iron, and then to smelt it down to the bars they can use. The miner gets compensated for the collection.
If the are themselves a miner, they've earned it.

Also, maybe people on your realm are just cherry picking the trillium as they are unaware of the transmute, because a lap of Townlong tends to net me a stack of each trillium ore as well as a bunch of ghost iron.

Also, keep in mind that Trillium itself is not used in a huge number of plans. IIRC only the tank gear, which patterns are purchased with Spirits, and some engineering items use Trillium. None of them use it in significant enough quantities that could cause grief while gathering.
10/05/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Vonkriest
until they do slap a cd on it, then holy cow watch out. when everything slows for gathering and all bugs fixed. i better stock up on the cheese cause the whine will pour.

It didn't have a CD all through beta, why would they add one now?
Remember, belt buckles require a Living Steel bar.
The Ghost Iron->Trillium Bar transmute is the easiest way to stop prices on belt buckles expanding exponentially.
Edited by Ashley on 10/5/2012 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So I pretty much need to have an Alchemist if I want to be able to get good amounts of Trillium?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Alecthegreat
So I pretty much need to have an Alchemist if I want to be able to get good amounts of Trillium?

Or make friends with one. Sure you have one in your guild, yes?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Shochu

Or make friends with one. Sure you have one in your guild, yes?

No. :( Time to level up an Alchemist I suppose.
I did want to make one anyhow, now I have a great reason to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]