Ok so Human or Pandaren racials for Mage?

I have seen quite a few of Mages switch to Panda and really enjoy it I was thinking of doing it as well but am not quite sure, any suggestions? PvP toon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Human is good for the extra trinket but i love panda racials 50% reduced fall damage and double food buff
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Well the human Sword specialization might come in handy, but only if you can actually GET a sword.

There is currently 1 sword in Mists, from what I can tell, and it is off second boss in TOES.

The Pandaren racial is pretty awesome for double food buff. 600 in a stat is nice, it is like having 3 primary professions.
Reply Quote
What positives are there over Humans for PvP?
Reply Quote
Food buff won't help in pvp though.

Either or imo. Palm is really nice to use on magic immune targets to be able to kite, or CC on a healer, but about 50% of the time I find it's dodged or parried (it's physical, so I guess it goes off of my melee stats).

Human racial isn't as big a factor right now because there's no OMG PVE GEAR and with pvp power we have yet to see if it's going to be that big of a deal in later patches.

Rep gain is nice though, since reps seem to be a big deal now a days.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Vex
Pandaren then Worgen for PvE, none of the Racials are game breaking on Alliance side PvE wise. Im still on the fence about going Pandaren or not it does seem enticing.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
If you go straight PvE, do Pandaren.

If you will do PvP and PvE regularly, go Human.

Ultimately, though, pick whichever one looks best. I don't pick any race I feel really goofy in. Ask Xuin, he made that mistake lolz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/05/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Killcows
Human is good for the extra trinket but i love panda racials 50% reduced fall damage and double food buff

I'm sorry but I can't help but ask, who takes fall damage as a mage? :p
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I too was thinking of going pandaran o my mage, then I read about Xiun feeling "goofy" and now am rethinking it. I love my goblin animations but goblins are just nasty vile little bastards.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
10/05/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Bravadó

I'm sorry but I can't help but ask, who takes fall damage as a mage? :p

I ported a Priest to old Dal last night and he fell to his doom. Not everyone is quick on the uptake. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]