I Have No Friends

3 Pandaren Monk
I keep adding battle tag friends but they never accept. All the people I asked said they never get them and when they send them to me I don't get them either.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Are you on a Starter Edition account? If so, they cannot use Battletag or Real Id friends lists.

EDIT: Just saw all your alts that are high level. DO you have Real Id turned on in your communications settings? DO you have parental controls on?
Edited by Tamrâ on 10/5/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3 Pandaren Monk
I have one real ID friend already and I don't have any parent controls. If I click their name or enter their battle tag number it says that the request has been sent, but it never shows up.

I've had a lot of random people tell me the same thing. They try to add me instead and nothing ever shows up for me either.

I didn't think that Real ID and Battle Tag Friends were the same thing.
Reply Quote
3 Pandaren Monk
Bump
Reply Quote
3 Pandaren Monk
Hello.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Have you double-checked that the parental controls have not been somehow turned on, blocking your ability to use Real ID?

Have you also double-checked your in-game settings to verify that the RealID system has not been inadvertently turned off?

It can't hurt to check these things.

Also, do a complete interface reset and try to add/have someone add you without any addons present in your installation. This could be a display issue, or a corrupted addon could be blocking the request from being sent/received.

There used to be many times that I'd try to put in a ticket using the in-game ticket system and have it fail to send due to a GUI error from a bad addon blocking the ticket from being sent out.
Reply Quote
3 Pandaren Monk
Well I know that my Real ID works because I have a friend on Real ID and I talk to him every day so there is no way it could be turned off. I don't have any parent controls on my account.

I just deleted all my interface folders the other day to fix another problem and it didn't solve this. I don't use any addons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]