Fix boomkin please.

90 Night Elf Druid
i play a boomkin as my main and kills me to see how weak my damage is. blizzard nerfed my dots and starfall too much. as a boomkin i was used to doing a lot of damage if i free casted but died if i got focused. now it feels like i have to use all of my cooldowns to stay equal with everyone elses damage. blizzard please give me back my damage. p.s. reduce the cool down of heart of the wild. 6min cd is just outrageous.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agree, We're unable to compete with other classes atm.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, at the moment, without popping cooldowns, I'm doing about the same DPS I did in mostly DS reg gear before the patch, even though my spellpower is about 7k-8k higher.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Agreed, when I go boomkin I feel like I'm pulling a lot less than what my feral druid does, and it's not from shortage of knowing how to play boomy either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes I believe everyone just needs to post in here so they actually do something about it... My guild needs a boomkin but it just pains me to play one :/ so little damage and I get called a terrible player when I do... Now I can pull with all CDS popped about 40k but the damage is so minimal :/ FIX THIS MEOW!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/06/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Taluss
Agree, We're unable to compete with other classes atm.

lol.

Compete in single-target? Yeah, we're pretty bad.

But compete? Nope. I'm not topping the charts, but I'm certainly not being carried.

(No stone guard logs, forgot to log it)

Feng: - 462
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e28r78epl9kf6mjs/analyze/dd/source/?s=7470&e=7955

Spiritbender: (skewed, phasing/ultraxion-style failure to log) - 462
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e28r78epl9kf6mjs/analyze/dd/source/?s=11868&e=12216 --- I'm around 55k-60k

Spirit Kings: - 462
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tixoq4i78cwezstp/analyze/dd/source/?s=5062&e=5701
-- My 2nd pull

Elegon: - 466
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4xygf4g9h6whojxd/analyze/dd/source/?s=16444&e=17035
--- One of my "could-have-better" pulls, but decent enough.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Let me give it to you straight:

Blizzard doesn't scale damage based on people in blues.

Warriors will always be OP at the beginning of every expac because of the way their damage is scaled.

Boomkins can't be amazing unless you have a lot of secondary stats on your gear, which you won't until you're in full epics.

Roll feral, it's amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It seems we now rely on 2 cool downs to pull the numbers other people do.
I am not maxed level though but doing normal 5 mans I noticed if I dont pop CA and Incarnation (incarnation when eclipse is up) my dps stays pretty low compared to others.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I am not maxed level though but doing normal 5 mans I noticed if I dont pop CA and Incarnation (incarnation when eclipse is up) my dps stays pretty low compared to others.

Really? When I do that, I'm pushing twice as much DPS as the rest of the group combined, you're probably not doing something right...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I usually pop incarnation then CA, one after another. That way I'm coming as close to bursting damage as a boomkin can get. Even better, if I can pop mirror image from symbiosis with a mage as the third in the chain, I can out-DPS the rest of the group. But if the fight lasts more than about a minute, I will quickly have my DPS eclipsed again (no pun intended :P). And without that third cooldown, I'm only doing about 40k.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Really? When I do that, I'm pushing twice as much DPS as the rest of the group combined, you're probably not doing something right...

I said Im also not maxed level in my post, my dps in 5 mans with CA and Incarnation can get to 30k
Edited by Chikko on 10/6/2012 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ive actually never had a dps problem. I havnt raided yet but in the heroics im always pulling atleast 50k without cd's
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
eh Cyous.. in the logs you gave us, seems like you rock the bottom of the dps meter lol, except for elegon.

Boomkin need some single target love.
Reply Quote
Buff dots slightly so they hit harder than a wet noodle outside of their eclipse.

Buff wrath some.

Make AoE interact with our eclipse states better (give starfall the old MF/SnF treatment, maybe have the solar version be "meteor", crash a meteor down like that agi trinket did and leave some fire on the ground). Maybe give hurricane/astral storm ticks the ability to move our eclipse bar (along with the doubled outside of eclipse). Maybe then Astral and Hurricane could be equalized in terms of damage output.

Make `shrooms worth using in both eclipses (have them do spellstorm damage)

Fixt
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
eh Cyous.. in the logs you gave us, seems like you rock the bottom of the dps meter lol, except for elegon.

Boomkin need some single target love.

I'm typically in the middle.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Meh, all i see is that youre constantly at 40-44k while everybody else is at 48-50k, sounds like a case of buff boomkins, cause i know youre not a derp with all the testing and theorycrafting youve done : P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't put too much into first week logs since encounters are new to a lot of people. 2nd week logs is where the real juicy stuff will be for us to dissect.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ditto, even though im not @ 90 yet my damage is way weak.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i wont give u numbers, but i got feeling that our damage really went down, dots are just pathetic, wrath is joke, and only real damage output is when i activate all possible cooldowns
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/07/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Dreyen
Meh, all i see is that youre constantly at 40-44k while everybody else is at 48-50k, sounds like a case of buff boomkins, cause i know youre not a derp with all the testing and theorycrafting youve done : P

So people are crying for buffs because of a ~6k DPS difference?

This game has devolved into "we're not the best, we need buffs."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]