Account hacked and nothing done about it

85 Human Warlock
So i took a break from WoW before the end of arena season 11, had 4 geared lvl 85s, most in normal raid gear / cata 2200+ pvp gear... + over 80'000 gold over the 4 toons... I came back today and all my toons had been stripped naked and the gold taken.

Like any normal person would i put in a ticket and got this response back..

"I have investigated your report and was able to determine that this account does appear to have been compromised. Fortunately, it appears as though the characters on your account have been unharmed."

To which i replied 4x naked characters and no gold left, how is "unharmed" even a consideration in that? Not to mention the 80k+ gold gone. Also the fact that they have seen and noted it was compromised but also informed me that because it happened more then 60days ago (like i said i took a break before s11 ended and came back today) that they can't restore any of the gear or gold (gear i don't mind it's outdated by lvl 86) But the rare reforging items, and the gold i certainly mind.

So i've got another ticket in to see if that GM has the same response, since what 1 GM says in my experience is nothing like what another one says.. and if that isn't the case it's refund time because that's really pathetic customer service for someone who's been playing off and on consistently since vanilla.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
"Unharmed" would mean that there is no indication that external malicious parties appear to have done anything to your account. If you had sold/deleted your own inventory prior to leaving the game, that would not count as something that can be restored. Or, if someone you know had access to your account and did the same thing. Did you perhaps get rid of all your stuff and gold prior to leaving the game?

Of course, you can certainly have your account looked at again. But if the same type of response comes back, that may mean that your naked and goldless characters were most likely not the result of the actions of an account thief.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Who else may have had access to your account, Munka?

You added an authenticator in May and I see no exploitative access here either. Even if we had found a compromise situation, the older a compromise gets - usually the fewer records remain that can be worked from for restoration purposes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Who else may have had access to your account, Munka?

You added an authenticator in May and I see no exploitative access here either. Even if we had found a compromise situation, the older a compromise gets - usually the fewer records remain that can be worked from for restoration purposes.

Only myself. Later on 1 of my mates said someone had logged into my account and wasn't responding so they assumed i'd been hacked (i'd already uninstalled the game so i couldn't confirm if i was or not). So the stripping of the account would have happened probably a day or so before that since i acted once i'd bee told. I added an authenticator after this since i still played SC2.

Did you perhaps get rid of all your stuff and gold prior to leaving the game?

Why would i strip 4 toons and delete 80k+ worth of gold? May as well have deleted the toons if i was going to do something stupid like that.
Edited by Munka on 10/6/2012 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
10/06/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Munka
Why would i strip 4 toons and delete 80k+ worth of gold?

Many people do that in frustration and leave the game. It happens all the time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I planned on coming back, i wasn't quitting, i was taking a break and since i run a SSD drive for games i had to clear space for other ones.

That been said if i can't get my stuff back i'll just get a refund.
Edited by Orlyia on 10/6/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
I planned on coming back, i wasn't quitting, i was taking a break and since i run a SSD drive for games i had to clear space for other ones.

That been said if i can't get my stuff back i'll just get a refund.

They are saying that all access to the account occurred at known locations with your authenticator. So if it wasn't you who did it, it had to be someone with access to the same internet location you had used to play and your authenticator - and they can't rule out it was you.

Since it cannot be determined that a stranger hacked your account, you can try using the Item Restoration tool.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-item-restoration
Edited by Orlyia on 10/6/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
This happened when there was no authenticator on the account, i put it on after this occured.. So the item restoration can see the items it all happened on the 10/6/2012 and 10/7/2012 but it has nothing about the gold which is what i want back the most :|

Also it doesn't have all the items, i.e. my death knight only has less then a page when he was the most geared out of all of them.
Edited by Munka on 10/6/2012 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
10/06/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Orlyia
You added an authenticator in May

10/06/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Munka
This happened when there was no authenticator on the account, i put it on after this occured

10/06/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Munka
it all happened on the 10/6/2012 and 10/7/2012

...according to Orlyia, the authenticator was active prior to the date you're claiming this happened.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Nobully, it was on then i quit so i took it off because it was annoying me when i was trying to play sc2, after my mates said i think you were hacked i put it back on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]