Nvidia Control Panel - Recommended settings?

90 Human Rogue
I'm been giving World of Warcaft a try on Windows 7 (I own a MacBook Pro Retina, usually run WoW on OS X but wanted to take advantage of DirectX 11). I am looking for suggestions to get the max benefit from my hardware (2.6Ghz i7, 8GB Ram, 512GB Flash storage, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory).

I notice on the Windows side the NVIDIA drivers give the user a lot of different options to optimize the game. Are there any settings there I should be overriding? Right now I have it set to "Let the 3D application decide" rather than "Use the advanced 3D image settings," because I do not understand most of the options there.

Are there any best practices I should be applying? I've done Google and forum searches for "NVIDIA Control Panel World of Warcraft" but most of the hits I get seem either out of date or don't address the issue directly.

Right now I pushed the graphics setting to Ultra then disabled SSAO, set Shadow Quality to High, set Liquid Detail to Good, set Ground Clutter to High, set View Distance to High and set Texture Resolution to Good. At 2880x1800 resolution, these settings give me between 33-35fps consistently (I set max fps to 35 to prevent overheating). But if I can improve on this, I would love it.

Any advice is appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bump.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Just an fyi bumping is considered spam.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You are right. My mistake.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Open up Nvidia Control Panel and go to the 3rd option in 3d Settings - Set PhysX Configuration. Make sure it is not on CPU or Auto-Select (Recommended) and make sure you select your video card (in your case the GT 650). Apply and check how the game is affected by the change. I would definitely turn down your resolution to something at or a block or two above 1360 x 768ish. Turning down resolution to that degree should GREATLY improve your fps. I am playing said above resolution on a less powerful computer using a GTX 560 TI and im playing full Ultra settings with about 46.2 fps in org atm and in raids holding a steady 25-40. Also, if your not using a gaming computer, enable V-Sync. I prefer to use this in the program settings rather then the global settings because when I play lol I dont mind if its going to 150 fps. Im water cooled.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]