Best Gathering Profession?

I've been leveling up my Tailoring and Enchanting, but I've come to realize that I could be making much more gold with a gathering profession. My question to you is which brings in the most gold?

I have a rogue with Max-ed out Mining/JC, so I'd be looking at either Herbalism or Skinning. Alternatively, I could take advantage of that Alt's Mining and have my Warlock pick up Engineering for all of those cool toys.

What do you all suggest I do?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Keep tailoring and enchanting on that toon. Roll a tauren druid that does herbalism and mining. Fulfill all of your skinning needs at the auction house. Eventually get an alchemist (either your rogue or a new toon) and transmute spec it.

While enchanting doesn't directly make a ton of gold unless you work it, it does indirectly enable a ton of strategies to make tons of gold. And tailoring allows you to make the special cloths (cata ones make 26-slot bags, mop ones make currently valid gear and such) on a cooldown. Once you level those professions up, you can convert all that dirt cheap windwool cloth into enchanting mats.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I find mining to be the best. I make about 15k a day off of smelting ghost iron and just selling the bars.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]