BM PvP Regards

90 Human Hunter
While I agree the damage is stupid, we don't have anything like endless CC. Your class, if anyone's, should be the one to complain about. Your new blind+rep+hoj don't share DR, are almost all instant, and last 5+seconds each. We have 2 3 seconds, a 4 second (really 2-3 since we almost always need it for traps), and an 8 second. Our 18 against your 23. Also, cool trick my pally found doing 2's, you can blind our stampede which is the cause of our crazy damage atm. Just get all the pets on you and use it, gg you have 7-8 seconds to heal with only the actual pet on you.

Other than that, run hpal warrior and just global everything, it's the hardest counter to BM atm since pallies have 1 counter to stampede, and warriors have taunt banner for EVERY pet (taunt works on pets because it's an NPC, same with using your pet to growl someone else's pet.). Really though, I do hope we, along with warriors, hybrid heals, and ele's get nerfed soon so I can go back to MM, because right now it's really just who can burst faster. :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Bubble, dear god where did all that damage go. Guess that hunter will have to wait 2 minutes until he can try to kill you again. Dear god the pet died! Dear god we lost!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/06/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Shadownero
Bubble, dear god where did all that damage go. Guess that hunter will have to wait 2 minutes until he can try to kill you again. Dear god the pet died! Dear god we lost!

the abilities last 20sec, bubble is 8 sec

another lynx rush will also be up before the next bubble as well
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/06/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Shadownero

Pally's are not the only class now with bubbles ):

EDIT: Read wrong at first, but my point is, it's hard for a paladin to kill hunters because of their CC and kiting abilities. My CC (Hoj - 1 min CD(24 if spec'd), Blinding Light(breaks on damage) - 2 min CD) + Damage isn't enough to counter BM Hunters' damage unless I pop wings and then they just deter and fly away and use Lynx Rush.

Keep in mind, I'm not fully geared (only 52% resil and 20% PvP Power) and It's difficult to kill hunters unless they are very bad lol.

Ret pally's are pretty strong too, but people have to realize that hunters are not caster classes. I can kill mages and priests pretty easy, but hunters can't be interrupt and even when they are stunned can still use their pet to kill you.

From a ret's PoV, it's hard to kill hunters because you have to micromanage so many thing such as keeping inq up (difficult against hunters because you have to also heal/dps), balance between damage and healing, stunning at perfect time, and timing your CDs just right to survive their burst.

Like I said, I don't think they should totally nerf BM hunters, but if they are going to keep their burst they should reduce the tankyness of pets in PvP areas or fix their CC.
Edited by Beautifly on 10/7/2012 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
So a paladin is saying a hunter is OP now when they have been OP in nearly 80% of the pvp seasons to date. As either healers tank or dps. While hunters have all been somewhat terrible with everyone being able to hug them before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Another delusional hunter can't accept that his class is broken.

Even you're own kind have posted threads similar to mine. This thread is about BM hunters not paladins, so quit justifying your broken class and pointing fingers at mine. There's nothing wrong with paladins we do less damage than warriors and have less CC than warriors. WE have burst every 3 minutes that can EASILY CC countered by your class.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
BM =/= the class.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Hunter
BM is not nearly as bad as Warriors. We're probably pretty close to mages right now in terms of how much damage we can put out. But the fact is everyone's burst is stupid right now.

And even healers, damn-near invincible at times. Holy Paladins and their new AoE CC, hopping around BGs casting huge insta-heals. It only takes 3-4 people to kill one of you. Or one warrior.

I'd love to see a BM Hunter global a decently geared [any class] that has half a brain. I would loooooooove to see that. Because, you know, nobody ever comes on these forums and exaggerates when they QQ. Nope. That never happens.
Edited by Phenomenaut on 10/7/2012 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
gets smashed by hunter

carries rage onto forums -.-
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Hunter
Don't worry in the next few weeks BM hunters will be nerfed back into uselessness.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can't honestly say BM is where it should be. It clearly is OP at the moment and should be nerfed a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Another delusional hunter can't accept that his class is broken.

Even you're own kind have posted threads similar to mine. This thread is about BM hunters not paladins, so quit justifying your broken class and pointing fingers at mine. There's nothing wrong with paladins we do less damage than warriors and have less CC than warriors. WE have burst every 3 minutes that can EASILY CC countered by your class.

I think every hunter here can agree that BM burst damage is crazy right now(I mean this is not the mage forum), but when you post and start saying Nerf, nerf, nerf you tend to get people on the defensive.

As far as nerfing our CC abilities. No one here is going to agree with that. I think that all the hunters are in agreement our CC is exactly where it should have always been.

Back to the burst, We don't need a damage nerf (Some people are even yelling we need a boost to our damage in pve). We need them to tweak our abilities to spread that burst damage out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nerf them, there's no reason why a BM hunter can kill someone in two globals.

Either nerf the hell out of their pets or nerf their endless CC.

kkbai

Paladin tears. Tasty. Maybe if you didn't suck you wouldn't be on the forum crying those tasty little tears.
the abilities last 20sec, bubble is 8 sec

another lynx rush will also be up before the next bubble as well

Warriors complaining about burst=what the
Why is it when a baddie gets killed by a hunter the first thing they wanna do is make a rage post on the forums?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Earthroot
Warriors complaining about burst=what the

TY. This made me laugh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/07/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Phenomenaut
I'd love to see a BM Hunter global a decently geared [any class] that has half a brain. I would loooooooove to see that. Because, you know, nobody ever comes on these forums and exaggerates when they QQ. Nope. That never happens.

You're playing your class wrong then haha

10/07/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Earthroot
Paladin tears. Tasty. Maybe if you didn't suck you wouldn't be on the forum crying those tasty little tears

You must not have read my post entirely. If you did you would notice the part where I defend hunters, but you're clearly illiterate. I didn't QQ saying nerf nerf nerf, I said they need to nerf some kind of aspect of the BM spec or at least tone down the damage.

Your "nerf" will come sooner or later, just wait for it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Beautifly
You must not have read my post entirely. If you did you would notice the part where I defend hunters, but you're clearly illiterate. I didn't QQ saying nerf nerf nerf, I said they need to nerf some kind of aspect of the BM spec or at least tone down the damage.

You said nerf three times in two sentences in your original post. I did'nt say you were QQing, and you'll have to forgive some of my esteemed colleagues. They tend to take a dim view on posts like this lately.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
i completely agree, bm burst atm is stupid atm, but then so are warriors, ele shams, monks, shadow priests, and warlocks once they get all the dots up.

sure if they nerf our burst then they need to buff our sustained damage which right now is some of the lowest in the game,

also against a fully resil player who is good you cant global them, as they just stun/cc our pet when they go red(bestal wrath) and there goes all our damage and on that note our pets are easly killable if your healer isnt paying attension or cc'd for more than the 3 secounds it takes to kill a pet
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm talking about 1v1s here.

It's not possible to stun 5 pets when a hunter pops his cooldowns and silences you so you cant heal, then fears(not fear but that disorientate) you, then blocks you into an ice trap, all while pets global you all while he's attacking you with his normal attacks. If you say that isn't broken then your wrong. There's no way to interrupt that combo unless you bubble (lasts 8 seconds) while hunters burst lasts longer then that. You have to blow all your defensive CDs and kite a hunter just to survive his/her burst.

I agree though however, it's harder for BM Hunters to burst people down in 3s, but when you run double BM there's no way a healer can out heal a BM hunters burst, especially when they silence the healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm talking about 1v1s here.

It's not possible to stun 5 pets when a hunter pops his cooldowns and silences you so you cant heal, then fears(not fear but that disorientate) you, then blocks you into an ice trap, all while pets global you all while he's attacking you with his normal attacks. If you say that isn't broken then your wrong. There's no way to interrupt that combo unless you bubble (lasts 8 seconds) while hunters burst lasts longer then that. You have to blow all your defensive CDs and kite a hunter just to survive his/her burst.

I agree though however, it's harder for BM Hunters to burst people down in 3s, but when you run double BM there's no way a healer can out heal a BM hunters burst, especially when they silence the healer.

Thank you for being specific on burst, and thank you for not using the "N" word.

I am not disagreeing with you on this. Well said.
Edited by Zouka on 10/7/2012 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]