BM PvP Regards

90 Orc Hunter
You must not have read my post entirely. If you did you would notice the part where I defend hunters, but you're clearly illiterate. I didn't QQ saying nerf nerf nerf, I said they need to nerf some kind of aspect of the BM spec or at least tone down the damage.

Your "nerf" will come sooner or later, just wait for it

Nerf them, there's no reason why a BM hunter can kill someone in two globals.

Either nerf the hell out of their pets or nerf their endless CC.

Tears, tears everywhere.

I'm not disagreeing with you that BM needs some slight adjustments (Although I think the main issue is pets somewhat ignoring resil? Not sure if thats a real thing), I'm just enjoying your tears.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I played BM in cata too and it doesn't seem that much better imo. You could say that under cooldowns BM burst is insane or whatever, but once you're fighting pvp-geared people it's not enough to go through hybrid healing, second wind, etc...not to mention a real healer, so if it was any lower it's be pretty worthless.

The main source of damage is Lynx Rush, which is similar to killing spree on rogues. All you have to do is stand next to someone else (or your pet) and it's halved...try it.

If you're dying in 'two globals' then you must be under 90 and/or have no resillience
Edited by Leafgobbler on 10/7/2012 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Am I the only non Hunter class who thinks Hunters are fine. I am glad they are harder to beat it makes things more challenging. I also think people need to wait a month or two before they jump on the nerf boat since most of the people complaining do not even have decent pvp gear yet or were once very op and are blaming another class due to them not being op anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Sure is a lot of mad in this thread.

Personally, I'm glad BM is now a viable playing spec next to MM and Survival. Gives me options.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

Are you dumb, or just stupid? What do you think this (and other topics) are talking about? That's right... nerfing burst.

Just because you stepped into an arena and got globaled for making a mistake doesnt mean the spec should get nerfed.

I am implying that maybe that could be a just nerf but as a whole i dissagree.

So a class that can do 400k in 1.5 seconds (one global cd/ie "globaled") is not op'd? Interesting. I vote that you become main game developer for all things pvp related from now on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Nerf them, there's no reason why a BM hunter can kill someone in two globals.

Either nerf the hell out of their pets or nerf their endless CC.
kkbai

get resillince kkbye

if u are dyi ng in "two globals" u have no resilince get resilince and then say the same thing

goodbye come again
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Eponine
If you could string together a sentence that makes sense, maybe somebody would listen to you.

hurr hurr stampede...

kiss kiss.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Personally, I'm glad BM is now a viable playing spec next to MM and Survival. Gives me options.

BM is the only spec that does any damage in PVP. Almost being forced to go BM, post 5.04, is not giving hunters an option. Well, it is. Do you want to blow things up in a second by overpowering other classes or do you want to work 10x as hard as any other class just to break even?

That is an important factor to consider. While I do think BM burst (not DPS) is too high and far too lumped up on a single skill (Lynx Rush), by the same token the other two specs are pretty lackluster in both PvE and PvP.

In a perfect world, Blizzard would tone down Lynx Rush, move some of that DPS back to the hunter itself or maybe Kill Command and give the other two Hunter specs a good shakedown, making them competitive again. Sadly, Blizzard has a pretty poor track record when it comes to balancing classes like Hunters with any sort of care or even-handedness.
Edited by Vandaro on 10/7/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'm talking about 1v1s here.

It's not possible to stun 5 pets when a hunter pops his cooldowns and silences you so you cant heal, then fears(not fear but that disorientate) you, then blocks you into an ice trap, all while pets global you all while he's attacking you with his normal attacks. If you say that isn't broken then your wrong. There's no way to interrupt that combo unless you bubble (lasts 8 seconds) while hunters burst lasts longer then that. You have to blow all your defensive CDs and kite a hunter just to survive his/her burst.

I agree though however, it's harder for BM Hunters to burst people down in 3s, but when you run double BM there's no way a healer can out heal a BM hunters burst, especially when they silence the healer.

It is very possible to stun his pets when he bursts. AoEblind the entire stampede/Hoj Hunter/Silence hunter/Bubble-->Silence hunter./ Coming off bubble-->repent

You have an instant self heal... use it. CC chain the burst and the hunter is near useless.

As for double bm 3s thats ridiculous. everything pretty much DRs. Play Defensive when they burst eastmode. I would love to see a dub bm hunter healer take on equal skillset double war rdruid... Aoe pet fear keep ccs up on one bursting hunter(cyclone/shockwave) rinse repeat.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
While I agree the damage is stupid, we don't have anything like endless CC. Your class, if anyone's, should be the one to complain about. Your new blind+rep+hoj don't share DR, are almost all instant, and last 5+seconds each. We have 2 3 seconds, a 4 second (really 2-3 since we almost always need it for traps), and an 8 second. Our 18 against your 23. Also, cool trick my pally found doing 2's, you can blind our stampede which is the cause of our crazy damage atm. Just get all the pets on you and use it, gg you have 7-8 seconds to heal with only the actual pet on you.

Other than that, run hpal warrior and just global everything, it's the hardest counter to BM atm since pallies have 1 counter to stampede, and warriors have taunt banner for EVERY pet (taunt works on pets because it's an NPC, same with using your pet to growl someone else's pet.). Really though, I do hope we, along with warriors, hybrid heals, and ele's get nerfed soon so I can go back to MM, because right now it's really just who can burst faster. :/

Rep breaks from damage... It is also casted. You have all instant cc that does not break.

Imagine this. Silencing shot, into a scatter shot, into an intimidation stun, into a deterrence, readiness, silencing shot, scatter shot, deterrence, intimidation stun. Dead. The only casts I can get off are reflected back at myself. Your CC is all instant cast and you have WAY too many. I have a casted fear and 1 instant cc. Coil/Howl/SFury. Coil is 3 seconds on a 45 second cd. Howl is a melee range aoe fear that shares casted Fear dr. SFury lasts 3 seconds on a 30 second cd.

Nownow.. where does your trink go that messes up the entire chain. Plus everything would share dr :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

BM is the only spec that does any damage in PVP. Almost being forced to go BM, post 5.04, is not giving hunters an option. Well, it is. Do you want to blow things up in a second by overpowering other classes or do you want to work 10x as hard as any other class just to break even?

Sounds a bit like MM..hmm idk the ENTIRE last xpac (pvp wise)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]