BM PvP Regards

1 Human Warrior

Are you dumb, or just stupid? What do you think this (and other topics) are talking about? That's right... nerfing burst.

Just because you stepped into an arena and got globaled for making a mistake doesnt mean the spec should get nerfed.

I am implying that maybe that could be a just nerf but as a whole i dissagree.

Stepping into arena and getting zerged in 3 seconds (yes, literally 3 seconds, watch some videos) is not the result of bad play. Its the result of bad balance.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Hunter
10/08/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Eponine
Not only does the game require less and less skill as time passes, but there's mods to hold your hand through everything.

There are mods BUILT INTO THE GAME now. I mean what is that. Like dungeon journal? Is googling "madness of deathwing strat 10m" that hard.

Exactly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I was on this hunter qq train until a warrior hit me for 252k...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Honestly, Hunter dps isn't really that impressive. Go raid for a lil bit and get some actual gear. DK's, Mages, Warriors, and warlocks are going to have higher dps than hunters if they know how to play their class. Yes, I know; the dreaded "Melee can't stay in range the entire fight" problem, but they hit so much harder anyway. Find a good 2h frost DK and tell me their dps isn't insane.

PvP wise, I believe the OP classes in arena still haven't realized. "Omg, I may just have to run away!", learned how to properly CC or heal themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Lol @ all these self righteous hunters defending themselves so whole-heartedly. If you actually played your hunter in cata the skillcap was considerably higher, im now seeing hunters not even using tranq shot or concussive/scatter trapping because the opponent is dead within a couple globals. Most of the hunters ive seen don't even know what bullheaded or roar of sac is.

And before idiot hunters reply I am a multi glad and this a secondary account, you don't have to take my word for it.

You do not excel at the game, stop defending your broken class.

Learn how to survive, then you will be seeing plenty of Concussive/ scatter, intimidation, tranq, traps, and us running like hell; cowering in fear; until we get another half way decent dps cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
If you stampede into a bubble, you're bad. Force bubble THEN do actual burst. Bubble doesn't counter a thing against a decent hunter, AKA someone who doesn't burst into a pally that he hasn't forced bubble on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I personally don't understand why Blizzard gave BM Readiness or Silencing Shot.

On readiness I have no clue, with how short bm's cd's are it really was not needed.

When asked MM was the default PVP spec for all of cata, the answer was "readiness and silencing shot." Obviously the only way to make the other two specs as good as MM was to open these abilities up to them, right?

Thing is BM atleast PVP wise atleast had a burst, and yes a good MM Hunter could beat a BM.

Why could MM beat BM-Readiness, now that BM can burst twice I can only beat those players that are average to suck.

I do agree with all Specs getting Silencing Shot, but giving Readiness to BM?
Edited by Intocable on 10/9/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Another delusional hunter can't accept that his class is broken.

Even you're own kind have posted threads similar to mine. This thread is about BM hunters not paladins, so quit justifying your broken class and pointing fingers at mine. There's nothing wrong with paladins we do less damage than warriors and have less CC than warriors. WE have burst every 3 minutes that can EASILY CC countered by your class.

i dont care if im broken or not....

but i distinctly remember when a ret paladins had been broken in season 5-6 and whilst everyone claimed them as broken..... they defended tooth and nail that they werent until they finally had been nerfed.....

now why do you blame others for doing the same.......

Our class has never been highly rep'd for any time of competive pvp ... and the second we do... everyone waves their hands as if they are part of some exclusive club that hunters shouldnt of been allowed into... you know that exclusive club called "PVP-Viable"

The fact that you come in here... say... hunters are OP because of X Y AND Z ... PLEASE NERF KTHXBYE

is what pisses me off... so your basically saying you think something is wrong.... but do not know how to fix it (if you did why didnt you post it) and are leaving it to the people who BROKE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE (blizzard made the hunter class op... NOT ME) to fix it.... so it will either stay op.. or break to a point where we go back to being the least or 2nd to last place represented class.....

---------------------------------
And on another note..... for once im happy to hear someone from another class say HUNTERS ARE NOT FINE... because for 7 years we had been screaming those 4 words and the rest of the game has been saying YES THEY ARE.....

if they were fine... more people would of played them..... like they are now

----------------------------------------------

TLDR .. Sorry mr paladin.. but hunters are FOTM for now.... you will have your season 5 greatness again some day.. but today is not that day..... im not saying we ARENT broken.... all im saying is i dont care about your complaints because no one ever cared about the hunter class until now....

KTHXBAI
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
HUNTER BEAT ME IN A 1 ON 1

SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG.....

TIME TO COMPLAIN ON FORUMS

is all i hear from most of these posts

Paladin (top played class for season 2 3 5 and 6) ... complaining to a hunter

Hunter (Top played class for season NEVER)

Overpowered hunter or not.. incoming nerf or not... your tears are delicious...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
10/09/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Intocable

When asked MM was the default PVP spec for all of cata, the answer was "readiness and silencing shot." Obviously the only way to make the other two specs as good as MM was to open these abilities up to them, right?

Thing is BM atleast PVP wise atleast had a burst, and yes a good MM Hunter could beat a BM.

Why could MM beat BM-Readiness, now that BM can burst twice I can only beat those players that are average to suck.

I do agree with all Specs getting Silencing Shot, but giving Readiness to BM?

MY GOD DID ANY OF U FREAKIN HUNTERS PLAY IN SEASON 4 or 5?!?!

NO?!!?

OBVIOUSLY NOT BECAUSE YOU WOULD REMEMBER READINESS WAS ATTAINABLE BY BM HUNTERS BEFORE... AND THAT A DOUBLE BWRATH WAS POSSIBLE..... THEN THEY MADE IT SO BWRATH WAS THE ONNNNNNNNNNNNLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY SPELL NOT RESET BY READINESS BECAUSE HUNTERS AND PETS COULD NOT BE CC'd FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE DURATION

THEN THEY NERFED IT AGAIN AFTER BEAST CLEAVE BECAME HUGE ..... SO NOW HUNTERS HAD BEEN MADE CC'ABLE (NOT THE PETS) AFTER THE SPELL IS CAST.. SO BWRATH BREAKS CC ON CAST.. BUT YOU CAN CC THE HUNTER AGAIN THROUGH THE DURATION OF THE SPELL ... this killed the BM SPEC

SO NOW THEY GAVE US THE ABILITY TO READINESS IT AGAIN.......

----------------------------------------------------
TLDR

Readiness was attainable by ALL specs AND worked with BWRATH in season 5 until it was nerfed ....than it just did not work specifically with BWRATH so there wasnt a point to attain it when playing BM .....

PLEASE STOP ALL THESE FREAKIN MISINFORMED POSTS..... YOUR GOING TO ONCE AGAIN BLAST HUNTERS BACK INTO THE "dont play with that class" RUT... IN WHICH THEY WILL DO SOMETHING DRASTIC AGAIN TO PULL US BACK OUT...

nerf or not...... i dont care... just get your freakin facts straight before you come posting like you understand something.. because im sorry... you are misinformed
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Hear Hooked on Phonics is good for Reading Comprehension?

If you would have read my posts I was talking strictly Cataclysm/Last Patches of WOTLK..

Anyways I wouldn't worry, we all know like Warriors, BM Hunters will get a Nerf.

I don't agree with the nerf, I simply think that BM should not have Readiness.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
@Vertoxis, instead of calling people names why not log on your BM hunter and have fun?

Personally if my Spec was "improved" I wouldn't be yelling and raging at people on forums, instead I would be gunning for a high Arena and RBG Rating

BTW, have you heard of the name Jungyup?
Edited by Intocable on 10/9/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Pally's are not the only class now with bubbles ):

EDIT: Read wrong at first, but my point is, it's hard for a paladin to kill hunters because of their CC and kiting abilities. My CC (Hoj - 1 min CD(24 if spec'd), Blinding Light(breaks on damage) - 2 min CD) + Damage isn't enough to counter BM Hunters' damage unless I pop wings and then they just deter and fly away and use Lynx Rush.

Keep in mind, I'm not fully geared (only 52% resil and 20% PvP Power) and It's difficult to kill hunters unless they are very bad lol.

Ret pally's are pretty strong too, but people have to realize that hunters are not caster classes. I can kill mages and priests pretty easy, but hunters can't be interrupt and even when they are stunned can still use their pet to kill you.

From a ret's PoV, it's hard to kill hunters because you have to micromanage so many thing such as keeping inq up (difficult against hunters because you have to also heal/dps), balance between damage and healing, stunning at perfect time, and timing your CDs just right to survive their burst.

Like I said, I don't think they should totally nerf BM hunters, but if they are going to keep their burst they should reduce the tankyness of pets in PvP areas or fix their CC.

That doesn't sum up huntards, that's how pvp is in general vs any class.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
@Vertoxis, instead of calling people names why not log on your BM hunter and have fun?

Personally if my Spec was "improved" I wouldn't be yelling and raging at people on forums, instead I would be gunning for a high Arena and RBG Rating

BTW, have you heard of the name Jungyup?

im stuck at work lol or id be doing exactly that man.... im not yelling or raging.. my work is logistics so everything is in capitals for the program im using and i get so used to it.... i shud really learn to turn caps lock off before posting... i apologize for that
Edited by Vertoxis on 10/9/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Lol @ all these self righteous hunters defending themselves so whole-heartedly. If you actually played your hunter in cata the skillcap was considerably higher, im now seeing hunters not even using tranq shot or concussive/scatter trapping because the opponent is dead within a couple globals. Most of the hunters ive seen don't even know what bullheaded or roar of sac is.

And before idiot hunters reply I am a multi glad and this a secondary account, you don't have to take my word for it.

You do not excel at the game, stop defending your broken class.

I've heard this 'claim' before.. lol. 'I'm a multi glad.. but on a different account!' uhuh, I just bet you are.

I'll take it from people who actually are willing to back that up.

I'm so sick of the pvp sidegame/afterthought ruining the pve intended original design.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t6phz0sGik&feature=g-all-u

Most hilarious video I've ever seen. This game has been out for more than a decade and this dude 2v1s with a level 1 bow and still gets a kill, and then backpeddles and globals someone and laughs about it. Seriously Blizzard? Almost a decade....and this is the best you can do?

Any BM hunter claiming to have skill is a joke.
Edited by Legîon on 10/9/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]