Tanks read this to make things run better.

Hello,

Everyone needs to know that melee must attack from behind the target now or we will lose a high amount of dps!

So when your tanking and mobs put bad stuff on the ground don't just back up and get yourself out of it. You have to keep moving so the melee can get out of the bad stuff and be able to attack from behind as well.

icy-veins:
http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrior-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

Noxxic:
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warrior/fury/stat-priority

There are 2 sites that confirm what im saying.
Edited by Doib on 10/7/2012 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/07/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Doib
Time for you guys to get out of the old ways of tanking and adapt to the new stuff that's going on.

Cute. Also wrong, and thus comes off as completely condescending and obnoxious. Standing in stuff and forcing melee to attack from the front has never been how tanking worked, so there's nothing about "the new way." Secondly, the people you're trying to talk to with this? They aren't here. It's great that you think you can educate people, but you're basically walking into NASA and giving them a 9th grade explanation on the laws of thermodynamics.

If someone comes in here who doesn't know this (really basic) stuff, we'll deal with it. All you're doing is annoying people.

Note:
lose a high amount of dps!

6.00% Parry is not a high amount of DPS lost. :/
Reply Quote
LOL! You think your coming off as smart by making a huge over exaggeration on how complicated this is with the NASA thing?

It's apparent you haven't seen the dps loss or tested it yourself with a melee toon. If you were right that its only 6.00% parry and it doesn't make a difference then nobody would be saying to attack from behind, but fact is they all say too since it does take down your dps a lot.

Its the new and simple rules on how things work and that is how I put it. Go troll somewhere else unless you have something worth while to say. Which you didn't.

My points are valid and can be researched to show it's true.

Maybe I did come off irritating and that would be because I'm irritated and I do apologize for that since this is supposed to be a constructive criticism. Ill edit it to be less rude.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Sorry, OP

You can position yourself.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Bad tanks do not position for melee.

Good ones, do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok i'm tanking and you're hitting from behind. There is now a void zone on me.Lets say i simply walk backwards.

Rather than walk into the void zone, try to move to either side of the void zone and you can dps safely and still be considered behind the mob.

Where possible i'll move far enough back to allow you to place yourself perfectly behind the mob but there are times this is not possible or efficient. Hitting from a 45 degree angle to either side of the mob will give you the rear attack bonus.
Reply Quote
@hatsune

I agree this is true. This is not my point or issue since I do compensate for the tank not moving as much as possible. The point here is almost all tanks have just let the mobs sit in the bad stuff on the ground. Which means I cant even do what your saying. The mobs are still in the bad stuff and the tank is just outside the bad stuff and tanking them there. Can't get a angle on mobs when your still taking damage cause they are still in the bad stuff.

The tank needs to keep moving back until they are out of the bad stuff just so I can even try and hit them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In the current tier, the only fight that comes to mind is the 3rd boss of Setting Sun. He drops lots of green void all over and really frequently. Like 3 voids in a row before an add summon then repeat.

I pull him back in a straight line. The pathway is wide enough for the dps to stay on the side but it is possible that they have to wander into the void occasionally. I have to grab the adds every 3 voids.

The good news is that the green void doesn't hurt that much, I drop devotion aura and selfless healer to help out too.

This doesn't seem like a serious problem in this tier of heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You need to tell this information to the people you see doing it wrong. When you come in and make a post that generalizes an entire role as doing something wrong, you make yourself look really foolish.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Everyone needs to know that melee must attack from behind the target now or we will lose a high amount of dps!

You can attack from the sides too!

=P

BTW: Those 2 sites suck. Linking Noxxic for ANYTHING is an instant credibility loss.

It's apparent you haven't seen the dps loss or tested it yourself with a melee toon. If you were right that its only 6.00% parry and it doesn't make a difference then nobody would be saying to attack from behind, but fact is they all say too since it does take down your dps a lot.

Now i see why you think noxxic is good!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Assuming you have the correct 7.5% exp, you only have a 7.5 chance to get parried in thr front by a boss. Less on 5 man trash.
Edited by Ðemolition on 10/7/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

We're aware, the people that are not are in your group, not on these boards.

So when your tanking and mobs put bad stuff on the ground don't just back up and get yourself out of it. You have to keep moving so the melee can get out of the bad stuff and be able to attack from behind as well.

Attack from the sides unless there is so much that the Tank still has the mob in a giant puddle. In which case tell THAT Tank to pull out further. We do this already, but these are the Tanks that actually know this stuff, not the Tank you got in your dungeon. Tell him, not us.

icy-veins:
http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrior-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

Noxxic:
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warrior/fury/stat-priority

There are 2 sites that confirm what im saying.

First, neither site is actually quality information so you shoot yourself in the foot here.

Second, we are aware of the DPS loss in Challenge Modes for increased Parry, but it isn't substantial when we're talking about the health of your average 5man Heroic mob, since it isn't happening unless you aren't Hit/Exp capped for that. Furthermore, you don't need a website to prove to us that you need Hit/Exp to deal more damage, we're aware of such things.

You are just wasting forum space preaching to people that already know these basics and more. /shoo
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
Playing positioning tag is really annoying - Tank tries to aggro and face boss the other way, everybody repositions to try and get behind the boss anyways. Its a lot like two people going down a narrow hallway and trying to allow the other through, except they both move the same way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It looks as if you're trying to top the meters and need an excuse for when you're at the bottom. (no troll intended)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

This is news? More at 11, folks!

Seriously, most the tanks here will be aware of this fact. We can't help where you stand except to make sure the boss is out of the bad stuff. If you wanna stay in that stuff... well, you deserve to die.

Most of the 5man stuff on the ground is trivial already. For bosses and mobs that put stuff on the ground frequently in a room, keep in mind we have to move the boss so that we can maximize the space we have available. Remember the slime boss in Naxx (forget his name at the moment). Spreading those pools out too far, too quickly was bad. Same for Professor in ICC. On stuff like that we're not only being aware of our positioning and the boss positioning, but also where those puddles are dropping so YOU don't just go "derpderpderp" while DPSing the boss and forget to move. Cause believe me, it happens. Make your healers lives easier and be more self-aware and peel your eyes away from Recount or Skada for a change and bloody freaking LIVE. Don't blame dying in bad stuff on your tank; you could have moved.

LOL! You think your coming off as smart by making a huge over exaggeration on how complicated this is with the NASA thing?

Analogies are hard.

Its the new and simple rules on how things work and that is how I put it. Go troll somewhere else unless you have something worth while to say. Which you didn't.

It's not new. Simple, yes. But this has been basic tanking knowledge since... since... ever.

Basically, the tanks you are looking for are not here. /jedi mind trick
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
&Istara

I agree, I have run into this problem countless times. Dps seem to be in the habit of having bad tanks in there group so they automatically assume I'm not going to adjust the mob for them. In turn I end up with a very frustrated group who at this point dunno if I am Messing with them or if I truly am trying to benefit the party.... Sad to say this problem must be fixed with amongst the tank community or They'l will never learn.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
dont you love how its the tanks fault lol. lets see you see yet you stand in it. tank moves you move. Also how about trying to attack the main tar. sometime. I have noticed since wrath that more melee dps like to run off and attack the furthest. maybe your brazallian huh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Very few bosses have that issue. Only the bug on the bridge comes to mind for excessive bad stuff on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
&Istara

I agree, I have run into this problem countless times. Dps seem to be in the habit of having bad tanks in there group so they automatically assume I'm not going to adjust the mob for them. In turn I end up with a very frustrated group who at this point dunno if I am Messing with them or if I truly am trying to benefit the party.... Sad to say this problem must be fixed with amongst the tank community or They'l will never learn.

I got that too, by the time I turn the mob, some of the dps stay and some turn with me. By the 2nd or 3rd pull, they all know enough to let me turn for them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/07/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Serinicas
but you're basically walking into NASA and giving them a 9th grade explanation on the laws of thermodynamics.

I'd love to jumping-highfive you right now.

ITT a DPS OP thinks the tanking forums is similar to the scourge in the dps forums. OP is is wrong. Move along folks.
Edited by Jínxs on 10/7/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]