Tanks read this to make things run better.

90 Draenei Paladin
Did i really just read a post.. Posted like.. 8 years AFTER this game came out.. that said that melee should attack from behind, or it's a DPS loss.. really.. DID I REALLY just read that, like... THIS is a new thing... HOW? it's always been this way. and only idiot melee dps from the front.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
point here is almost all tanks have just let the mobs sit in the bad stuff on the ground. Which means I cant even do what your

I do this all the time.

Depending on how big the bad stuff is.

If I can take 2 steps back, put the mob in the bad stuff, and allow both myself and the melee to do what they need to do without being in the bad stuff, I'm going to do it.

It isn't about where the mob is at, it's about whether or not you, as melee, can get where you need to be.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I'm going to go get that Gift of the Ox orb, it has the potential to save my life, and you are going to deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I occasionally DPS as a Ret and also have a Rogue Alt. Effective DPS learns how to move with the tank. If a tank backs straight back, I know I have to go left or right and attack from the 8 or 4 positions, slightly behind but mostly to the side.

The idea that I would tell a tank WHERE to move is rediculous. Tank goes where he/she wants and we follow. Though I do understand your idea OP, and I do try to keep my DPS out of bad stuff, frankly getting your face smashed in by angry mobs and not getting killed in the processis our main priority, not where you can stand to max out your e-peen.

/Salute
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
WTF?

So let me get this straight....

Its not my job to try and get the melee killed in the most painful and humiliating ways possible?

WHY AM I ONLY LEARNING THIS NOW!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Its not my job to try and get the melee killed in the most painful and humiliating ways possible?

If only my co-tank and I were told back in Wrath we wouldn't have spun Koralon to try and kill as many melee as we could. Oh who am I kidding, Dps Death Bingo is too much fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Speaking of killing people... anyone else have a 'blame list order?'

Hunters > Warlocks > Other Ranged DPS > Melee DPS > Healers > Other Tank(s) > Me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
"Tanks should be aware of positioning. The sky is blue. More news at 11."
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Speaking of killing people... anyone else have a 'blame list order?'

Hunters > Warlocks > Other Ranged DPS > Melee DPS > Healers > Other Tank(s) > Me.

Warlocks always get the blame first. No ifs, ands, or but(t)s!
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
Its the new and simple rules on how things work and that is how I put it. Go troll somewhere else unless you have something worth while to say. Which you didn't.

new to you != new.

the rule of "if you're melee, don't attack from the front" has been around far longer than WoW has been around.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Heyyyy.....as a warlock I resemble...

Errr....represent that comment.....

waitwat?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
i have had a string of dps that havent been killing adds, should i go and post in the dps forum telling them they all need to adapt?
/sarcasm..

i agree with most of what is posted here.. stop judging tanks on what you see in lfg.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/08/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Celyndrashad

Yes the warlocks. Hunters are always good little dps using md and never having taunt.

Now shush alter ego and get back in your hole
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
10/08/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Darthsirak

Yes the warlocks. Hunters are always good little dps using md and never having taunt.

Now shush alter ego and get back in your hole

Hunters are the worst. Blizzard finally gives DKs a way to disable taunting from their army, but lo and behold they give the same annoying ability to hunters. Like that class didn't have enough ways to annoying tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Mattrose
I occasionally DPS as a Ret and also have a Rogue Alt. Effective DPS learns how to move with the tank. If a tank backs straight back, I know I have to go left or right and attack from the 8 or 4 positions, slightly behind but mostly to the side.

Stop that sir, stop that right now. Logic will not be allowed here. Thats just silly sir. Just plain silly, and I will not stand for it sir.

Continue on with the lesson Mr. Furious Fury Warrior. This is fascinating stuff.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Play better and 6% of your DPS won't be such a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I did it on purpose because you don't have your interrupt keybound. Bind your interrupt to a key and use it. Then, I'll stop making you attack from the front.

If only my co-tank and I were told back in Wrath we wouldn't have spun Koralon to try and kill as many melee as we could. Oh who am I kidding, Dps Death Bingo is too much fun.

Reminds me of facing Ozruk in Stonecore towards the ranged DPS and watching them just stand there and die. Good times.
Edited by Blizzhoof on 10/9/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The people here are so far beyond this condescending drivel it's not even funny.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I've always done a courtesy move for melee DPS, just a nice jester that can benefit healers just as much if not more. Tanks refusing to show respect are why a lot of tanks get bad reps. Sometimes we have to look out for the derps as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]