So Boomkin as an offspec

90 Worgen Druid
I decided to go resto at 90 and gear up. I figured that boomkin would be a viable off spec for killing things but I've noticed something. I have more trouble with my boomkin honor gear than I did lvling as feral.

So how does feral do if I gear it up compared to rogue? Atm I'm considering swapping to a paladin or rogue, these two classes I have at 80 and they both seem more viable for dps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Feral is great at killing stuff. Boomkin does noticably less damage, but is a ranged caster which has some advantages when questing as you can pull mobs quicker.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Its true I've noticed some advantages it just seems that feral autoattack did more dmg than wrath/starfire. The only good dmg I really do is critting back to back starsurges on mobs for 100-150k.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Tycusfindlay
Its true I've noticed some advantages it just seems that feral autoattack did more dmg than wrath/starfire. The only good dmg I really do is critting back to back starsurges on mobs for 100-150k.

That is the biggest change with balance this expansion: we need crit. In the last expansion, I stacked haste and mastery (as everybody said I should), but stacking crit is a good plan (second to haste as far as secondary stats go after hit cap). Our standard damage is a bit lower than what we were able to do at 85 (comparatively), but it is getting better for me already. Our normal hits are weak, but our crits can be massive. I'm having fun though and not dieing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]