Login Issues- 10/7/2012

(Locked)

Community Manager
1:17 p.m. PDT- Thank you for your patience. The log in issues are being slowly resolved and players are able to log in once more. We will provide updates should any additional issues occur.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:17 p.m. PDT - We are continuing to work to resolve the connection issues that many players are experiencing while attempting to log in to the game. We do not have an ETA for when this will be resolved but will provide an additional update at approximately 1:15 p.m. PDT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:15 p.m. PDT- We are currently experiencing an issue after the performed rolling restarts that is affecting the authentication servers. We are currently investigating this issue and will provide further updates within an hour.
Edited by Nethaera on 10/7/2012 1:19 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
QQ. This tank is going to play Minecraft
90 Blood Elf Warlock
grrr
90 Pandaren Hunter
Okay. Keep us posted.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks!
81 Draenei Shaman
10/07/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Nethaera
We are currently experiencing an issue after the performed rolling restarts that is affecting the authentication servers. We are currently investigating this issue and will provide further updates within an hour.

Thanks for the info!! :)

Edit: Looks like the SC2 log in is having issues as well.
Edited by Omniscient on 10/7/2012 11:40 AM PDT
87 Night Elf Death Knight
Meow.
90 Draenei Paladin
Sigh, at least they posted something....
So we meet again "issues".
90 Human Rogue
Thanks for the update. Wonder if it had anything to do with those videos that are up about this morning.
90 Worgen Hunter
learn to roll back
80 Troll Hunter
yup and it said immune.....
90 Undead Mage
Good, unexpected delays on the weekends are the only thing to get me out of this chair, pose ill go do something more productive for now / sad
38 Pandaren Shaman
Oh, jeez.

Thanks for the blue post, though!
87 Undead Priest
So, thanks Blue for the update. I dig that things go wrong.

That said, I'm a network admin (IKR, a network admin who plays WoW... shocking. Line forms to the left for this magic, ladies) for a 24/7 shop... No where NEAR what you folks face, I'll grant you that, however I also face the daunting task of having to maintain hardware when you've essentially always got people needing / wanting to use it. I wouldn't do any updates or restarts, if at all avoidable, on say a Monday while payroll is being processed.

A weekend, in particular a long weekend for many, does not strike me as the most logical time to perform restarts on servers. Even 5am would have been a better choice. I can't imagine that trying to sort this out while you've got X million users all blasting away with their login credentials makes things much easier.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Thank you for posting some info.
72 Worgen Druid
Oh, I'd been wondering what the heck happened to keep so many people out.

I looked into a thread that was at 20 pages when I looked in and it capped before I ever got to post.

That thread moved very fast for a necro.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]