Login Issues- 10/7/2012

(Locked)

90 Draenei Shaman
We appreciate the info. I was wondering what was happening.
90 Human Mage
Are you sure its just login issues and has nothing to do with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_vCFKuXrQo&feature=player_embedded#!
90 Human Warlock
Blizz just admit its because of those hackers who were killing people in main cities.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Posting that you !@#$ed up 30 minutes after everything was supposed to be back up(which they should have been rolling, and up between 15 minutes ago and an hour and 15 minutes ago anyway), to tell us you know nothing, but might in an hour?

GJ as always Blizzard.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/07/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Seoni
They got ooked in the dooker.

/applause
9 Goblin Shaman
it was a security issue look around youll see the links but blizz deletes as fast as people post them
90 Human Paladin
Oooh it is an authenticator issue~ Well thats good to know.

//waits more.
90 Dwarf Paladin
So, how about a month free for those of us stuck?
90 Worgen Mage
So, thanks Blue for the update. I dig that things go wrong.

That said, I'm a network admin (IKR, a network admin who plays WoW... shocking. Line forms to the left for this magic, ladies) for a 24/7 shop... No where NEAR what you folks face, I'll grant you that, however I also face the daunting task of having to maintain hardware when you've essentially always got people needing / wanting to use it. I wouldn't do any updates or restarts, if at all avoidable, on say a Monday while payroll is being processed.

A weekend, in particular a long weekend for many, does not strike me as the most logical time to perform restarts on servers. Even 5am would have been a better choice. I can't imagine that trying to sort this out while you've got X million users all blasting away with their login credentials makes things much easier.

Im assuming it has to do with this:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/reports-entire-cities-dead-on-certain-realms/#continued
90 Human Rogue
thanks for the update? they said nothing at all. no kidding its not working. couldnt figure that out by the 50 new threads and 100 posts to each.
90 Human Priest
Same crap, different rolling restart.

Some of us feel its important to learn from our mistakes ... Shouldn't be too difficult to investigate as this JUST happened about a week ago.

FFS guys... Step it up.

The problem is when they find a person that learns from their mistakes, they get promoted to a position that has no control over this kind of thing anymore.
90 Human Warrior
Good thing the new Pokemon games came out today.
85 Troll Priest
10/07/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Odinmär
Are the people without authenticators enjoying the game right now? ... :-P

No im stuck and I do not use mine....
90 Night Elf Hunter
This crap every other restart is getting REAL old ... REAL fast
Gaaaah! I hate when I have to schedule a specific time to play and then it doesn't work. I'm very thankful someone left a message about it being broken, but football time is perfect "me" time. I hope it gets fixed soon so I don't lose too much of it. :-/
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Seoni
They got ooked in the dooker.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]