LF mouseover taunt macro

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Heyas,

I'm currently training my baby warrior and paladin to be a tank. Until recently I used Tauntmaster to help with taunts if a mob, or several, break off and attack an overzealous groupmember. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work anymore, not even after the update.

Now I'm wondering if I could build the main function of tauntmaster as a macro, meaning, taunting attacking mobs off a group member.

Basically, I'm hoping that I can use the target of target function in a mouseover macro (mousing over the groupmember's portrait and taunting the mob that is attacking him to attack me instead.) Of course, that would mean that the group member would have to have this mob targeted, but it would already be a big help.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks a whole lotta buncha.
Edited by Nuodai on 10/7/2012 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This should work... should.

In general you would need one macro per 5 man member.

Each would select a party member by number. Then assist, Then Taunt.
http://www.wowwiki.com/UnitId

/tar partyN
/assist
/tauntSpellName
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/cast [@mouseovertarget,harm,nodead] Taunt

As you mentioned, it relies on the fact that player is targetting the mob that's hitting it in the face.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
/cast [@mouseovertarget,harm,nodead] Taunt

As you mentioned, it relies on the fact that player is targetting the mob that's hitting it in the face.

Thanks a lot Sedivy, I will try this out as soon as I can log on again.

:))

N.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tauntmaster seems to be working now with the new updated version. Make sure to follow the directions after install to delete your character's saved variables because it may have some conflicts. It's letting me click player's name who has taken aggro, and it'll cast my taunt on their target. Good Luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Paladins don't have Righteous Defense anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/29/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Mechaninja
Paladins don't have Righteous Defense anymore?

Nope, it was removed. Just a single target taunt now. :<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]