Faction specific mounts...

90 Draenei Shaman
So I bought the Traveler's mammoth (not realizing this was faction specific) and 2 days later started playing with a friend again, which prompted me to switch factions. Finding out the hard way that the mammoth and my mechanohog do not follow the character. And of course after 2 tickets and a week of waiting, I'm told bliz 'cannot' put it on my now alliance toons.

I'm having a little trouble understanding what kind of crack-smokery makes a mechano hog and a tundra mammoth neither of which have anything to do with faction, would be a faction mount. Especially considering the character that originally purchased both mounts was faction transferred. And whatever the logic is behind it, I find it further frustrating that the extremely slow customer service team at bliz can't manage to correct this for me (and what I can only imagine is others) who not only continue to pay to play the game, but paid more to transfer to have the privilege to play with my friends.
25 Night Elf Druid
If you understood they didn't swap faction, WHY did you bother to open a ticket??
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
10/07/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Vykos
I find it further frustrating that the extremely slow customer service team at bliz can't manage to correct this for me

They won't correct anything because there's nothing wrong.

The mount is still account-wide and still available to all of your characters.

But.

As with all mounts, it has restrictions on who can use it. Many mounts have racial restrictions. For example, Swift Pink Hawkstrider can only be used by Horde characters. Other mounts have profession restrictions. For example, Frosty Flying Carpet requires a Tailoring skill of 425.

So while these mounts would be available to your characters, they must still meet the requirements of the mount in order to use them.

If you have Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth or Mechano-Hog on your account, they have racial restrictions - and those still apply.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
90 Draenei Shaman
In answer to Thunderwulf, I didn't know (or understand) they didn't swap factions until I was told that from the first ticket I put in. Pahanda, the mount isn't even on my list when viewed from an alliance toon, so your statement that it's still account-wide would be incorrect. Additionally, while I understand its a tad more work to fix the vendors that come on the Mammoth to work for both factions, and I'm sure there's a similar reason it wasn't done on the Mechano-hog, there's no reason they can't correct the flags on an account to make them accessible to someone who's moved the character who originally purchased them to the proper faction (until they get around to making the faction change/account-wide mounts more user-friendly). Nice links and font colors though ;)
90 Gnome Warlock
10/08/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Vykos
Pahanda, the mount isn't even on my list when viewed from an alliance toon, so your statement that it's still account-wide would be incorrect.

It IS account wide though, it just isn't available on the opposite faction. All of your horde toons can still access it. That is working as intended. So his statement is NOT incorrect at all.

The Mechano-hog is faction specific because there are two different ones (the other being the Chopper), there are no "flags" to correct. They are not going to correct anything because it is working as intended. It is not supposed to move with the character that purchased it anymore, because it isn't bound to just that character anymore. It now belongs to every character on that faction.

The account bound mounts are working as intended and are in no way not user friendly, they have been explained numerous times and were explained long before the patch happened.
80 Tauren Druid
Everyone's mounts locked in with 5.0.4 (yes they let us know ahead of time) and from now on when you buy one of these mounts it will be locked to the faction where you purchase it. It's in the faction change FAQ and a plethora of other documentation, like sticky posts and blog entries.
100 Undead Death Knight
A mechano hog is not a chopper, and vice versa.
They do not translate between factions.
The mammoth also has racial restrictions.
Look at the link posted by Pahanda. They specifically say "Troll, Orc", etc (Horde races)
Ally characters cannot use them.
90 Human Paladin
If I change faction and realm would my ashes of alar transfer? I'm not transfering accounts
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
10/08/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Stuff
If I change faction and realm would my ashes of alar transfer?

The mounts don't "transfer". They are simply available or not in the account-wide list - and a character transfer does nothing to change that. The Ashes of Al'ar does not have a Faction-specific requirement, so it should be available to both sides.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/08/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Stuff
If I change faction and realm would my ashes of alar transfer? I'm not transfering accounts

Yes, Ashes of Alar is not faction specific so it should already be available to all of your toons on your account. Faction and/or realm changing should not effect it.
100 Draenei Shaman
10/09/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Vykos
And if they can make the undead faction mounts turn into the human mounts on a faction transfer, then can make a mechano hog/chopper transform in the same way. Was hoping to get some feedback from someone at bliz, not really all the forum trolls of wow, but thanks for the effort

Other than, even these, do not transfer anymore.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
And if they can make the undead faction mounts turn into the human mounts on a faction transfer, then can make a mechano hog/chopper transform in the same way.

They can. They even used to.

Now... they don't. The game changed, because of account-wide mounts. If you want to provide feedback about this change, post in the General Discussion forums, where you can reach the developers who made this decision.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
1 Human Hunter
it's funny because you seem to think I don't understand that they don't. I completely understand that, just don't agree with it. And if they can make the undead faction mounts turn into the human mounts on a faction transfer, then can make a mechano hog/chopper transform in the same way. Was hoping to get some feedback from someone at bliz, not really all the forum trolls of wow, but thanks for the effort

Blizzard doesn't offer feedback to suggestions, which is what you're giving.

You want to offer suggestions? You want general, feedback is not guaranteed. The chance of having a blue reply to your post is pretty low.

This forum is mainly for player to player help involving in-game issues. It's not the suggestion forum. It's also not the complaint department.

There are blues here who moderate the forum and offer assistance with in-game issues. They don't have any ability to give you feedback on why the mounts don't swap. They don't have the ability to make suggestions about the game. They don't have any of the abilities you're looking for. The blues in general have the ability to communicate ideas and suggestions they see to the developers. These blues do not.

No blues or any employee who works for Blizzard will be able to "fix" this for a player. The only way it may change would be a in a future patch put forth from the developers.
Edited by Twolivecrew on 10/9/2012 12:43 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
10/10/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Vykos
Just for future reference, it's been fixed..and apparently anyone who was in a similar situation has also been fixed. So, Thanks to bliz, and to all those who argued..thanks for the laughs.

What do you mean it has been fixed? They gave you the other faction mounts? Because if so then that is a severe change in policy that needs to be explained since there is nothing posted about this being the case.
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes Scuba, the petition response I received said they have had a lot of complaints about this issue, and have made the mounts available when transferred. And I logged in, and was quite happy to find that I had access to my bike and mammoth on Alliance :)
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]