Class help, want to start competitive healing

90 Human Mage
Competitive pvp healing primarily

The 2 most appealing to me right now is shaman and paladin what does the healing community suggest and why?

Other class suggestions are welcome but please explain what makes those ones appealing too.
Edited by Virison on 10/7/2012 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What do you mean by competitive? PvE? PvP? Raids (10m or 25m)?

Played well, they are all competitive (PvE), so choose the one whose style appeals to you the most.

While I always welcome a new healer, if you are looking to meters for your answer, you should probably stay dps.

Just my opinion.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Mostly pvp, aswell as some pve
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
There's a rank 1 resto shaman streaming right now on twitch.tv, playing with Talbadar. Check that out for an idea of what rests shaman can do in pvp.

I haven't played at 90, so this is just based on opinions from 85-89 bgs and watching streams. Paladin mana seems better, and as always they are damn hard to kill. With double freedom mobility is pretty good as well.

That's said I've been having more fun on my shaman. Fun is relative, so you may not have the same experience. I like how much I can piss off the other team. Wind Shear, frost shock root, purge spam, capacitor totem. Healing tide is like an instant cast tranquility that keeps everybody alive while I carry on with other things.

But I definitely die to warriors and dks faster on my shaman. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This might sound silly but i just ended up going druid, hope it turns out fine haha
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You can always level it up a little and decide if druid is what you want to do :P

I've enjoyed playing a druid in both PvE and in PvP personally :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You can always level it up a little and decide if druid is what you want to do :P

I've enjoyed playing a druid in both PvE and in PvP personally :)

this is what im planning,wonder how well druids are healing in arena right now, looked at the score board all the top healers are holy pallys though :|
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Which bracket are you looking at?

I looked at 3v3 for my battlegroup and a resto druid is in the #2 group.

You can probably find arena videos or live streams for a resto druid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/07/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Veroicone
Which bracket are you looking at?

it was 3v3 and yeah i saw that druid, but most of them are paladins
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]