Shroud of Reversal on Feng

90 Tauren Paladin
Would someone be so kind as to help me in properly using this buff, I got it to work a few times, but it was pretty hectic and i was not sure how it went down.

Ideally i am going to interrupt every other Epicenter with this paired with Lightning Fist.

Thanks for any help offered!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ok, so after reading the little bit i could find on this, i "THINK" that when the Lightning Fist is approaching, i need to be ready and waiting to immediately cast it on whoever gets hit by the ability,

the goal being to use reversal on that person while they still have the debuff.

Does this sound right?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Channel on MT, MT gets hit by lightning fists, you get the ability.
Then use it when he's doing epicenter.

Someone can probably be more specific than that, I was just the MT watching my buffs to see when I should just take it to the face.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Channel on MT, MT gets hit by lightning fists, you get the ability.
Then use it when he's doing epicenter.

Someone can probably be more specific than that, I was just the MT watching my buffs to see when I should just take it to the face.

I believe the idea here is to take one of the epicenters using the bubble, and then the tank with the bubble will get hit with lightening fists. Before he gets hit by this spell you need to target, and channel on him, to get the ability yourself. Once the boss starts to cast epicenter you want to hit him with lightening fists to stun him and cancel the cast.

You should alternate this, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Edited by Sancalin on 10/7/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Its a channel not a cast + buff.

You can't move or do anything while channeling it.

Channel it right before someone takes dmg from epicenter/gets hit by fists/wild spark explodes/just channel for 1s on people with velocity etc
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You use the Shroud on a friendly target, which starts a channel. While this channel is active, you will copy the next spell that hits/damages the target, which if you time it correcly should be Lightning Fists. Once you have done this, you can now use Lightning Fists.

I don't know the cooldown of Shroud or how long the copied ability lasts. But that's the mechanic.
Edited by Slashlove on 10/7/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Anyone had problems with him not using fist between epicenters? It is happening often to us and sometimes we cant click the crystals to get one of the buffs. Fix plOx.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/07/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Fixd
Anyone had problems with him not using fist between epicenters? It is happening often to us and sometimes we cant click the crystals to get one of the buffs.

Targeting's been bugged since 5.0, not at all surprising it'd pop up on the crystals.
And yes, we had him just stop casting lightning fists partway through phase 1. Not really a big deal, healing through epicenter wasn't too bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

Actually demo, I was able to continue dpsing the boss while it was channeling.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Actually demo, I was able to continue dpsing the boss while it was channeling.

While channeling epicenter.

If i did anything while channeling shroud it messed up
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
I was able to dps while casting shroud too. I just couldn't move. I found myself copying Epicenter or the tank debuff more myself. Easier to pull off rather than asking a tank or dps to get hit for 250k and stunned.
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Petros
I was able to dps while casting shroud too. I just couldn't move. I found myself copying Epicenter or the tank debuff more myself. Easier to pull off rather than asking a tank or dps to get hit for 250k and stunned.

True, but the point is, you can completely negate epicenter altogether if you can get Lightning Fist. Prrrretty handy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
10/07/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Ðemolition
If i did anything while channeling shroud it messed up

No I meant shroud. I never actually got epicenter because I assumed it wouldn't let me get it.
Edited by Mortalitus on 10/8/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Death Knight
Yeah, you can, and I think it's more damage overall than the other. But, the stun sure does simplify things.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Towards the end of tonight I read the description on wildfire spark reversal a bit more closely. The button says it just makes your attacks deal fire damage, but the buff you get after using the ability says you can absorb wildfire.

I never got a chance to actually try it, I'm curious if anyone did. Does the wildfire spark reversal let you do something about the wildfire on the ground?
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
Put Feng on focus and cast Shroud of Reversal when he begins to cast Lightning Fists. The tank has to get HIT by the spell to copy it, remember.

Tank 1 gets Nullification Barrier
Tank 2 gets Shroud of Reversal

Tank 1 tanks first. Assuming you can get Lightning Fists right off the bat, tank 2 stuns Feng's first Epicenter. At that point, tank 2 taunts. Tank 1 uses barrier on the next Epicenter. You just switch up using the abilities every other time.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
One thing to be careful of while trying to get lightning fist is to not just channel Shroud at the other tank constantly, or you'll often pick up the dot instead of lighting fist. While it's awesome to do a metric poop ton of damage on this fight, at least in the first phase there's better uses of shroud. In P2 and P3, I was just swiping the dot and putting it back on him. Huzzah for being #1 on damage as a tank!

What I do is while the other tank is tanking make sure he's planning on eating a lightning fist, click the button so the little hand pops up, then as soon as the boss starts casting lightning fist, I click the other tank in my raid frame to start channeling. I should probably make a macro that does it in one click and keybind it though. Oh, thank you google and wowhead for providing me with a macro:

/tar NameOfTheTank
/click ExtraActionButton1
/tar lasttarget

Edit: Also note that as a channeled ability, you need to not move or you'll cancel the channel and not get anything.
Edited by Helagoth on 10/10/2012 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We attempted this boss for the first time last night.. I was the shroud of reversal tank. More often than not I would get the debuff as the timers in DBM were way off for the fight. One point he casted epicenter twice before doing lightning fists. If you manage to steal the fists, negates a ton of dmg your healers have to heal through, which is nice.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
sometimes:
- the bossmod timers can be totally off
- feng doesn't use lightning fists between epicenters
- feng doesn't *cast* lightning fists, he just uses it like an instant w/o warning

we nullify the 1st and 3rd epicenters, then try to stun 2 & 4. we try to prepare for me not getting it - after eating a stun our MT will ask "did you get it rick?", and if not we prepare to run into the center (away from the boss who's tanked at the edge) and pop personal survivability CDs along with raid healing spells/CDs.

it's frustrating that it works like that, but c'est la vie. deal with RNG or get owned by it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]