loving destro!!

86 Human Warlock
i'm currently 79, and i pull around 40k dps on bosses... i think destros are awesome and really glad i picked lock over my mage :D

i'm not sure if 40k is good or not in MOP, but idc, love destro ;-)
Reply Quote
MOP has allowed me to play my warlock the way i have always wanted to play him, Pet-less and as destruction! This toon was my second lvl 60 in 2005 and he has been destruction for most of his life. Absolutely love the spec and most likely wont change.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
i would have to agree with you :-) this lock was the first character i ever made on wow. i quit her in WOTLK and never looked back.... until now!! love it
Reply Quote
I dropped this toon and hit 90 with my Destro warlock as well. Very glad I did :D The mage lvl 90 talents are abysmal.
Reply Quote
IDK what it's like at 90 but atm I am really liking Destruction.. again/finally. Chaos bolt is just amazing. I expect things will lvl out a fair bit at 90. It's nice to have some good nukes. I played affliction as well and did quite well with it.. totally different playstyle with lots of survivability which was definitely needed. Been tempted to run demonology but loving the destro to much to switch lol.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
just a quick question to you destro lockies.. is this your rotation?

curse of ele > conflag on CD > immolate (maintain) > spam incinerate for embers/backdraft > chaos bolt > fel flame to refresh immolate > shadowburn when below 20% hp?

EDIT: are we suppose to use havoc?? if so.. when?
Edited by Seleñe on 10/8/2012 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I have been an affliction fan forever but i really like the feel of destro this time!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sel. Ya i love des myself. i tried aff from 87-88 and started questing as des again. i always used sac and though u know what lets try something new and use the voidlord. I tell you maybe in dungeons, but questing i will not turn my lord off lol. I mean doing 150k chaos bolts and i STILL can't pull aggro off him lol. I'm like OMFG

I remember before i would sneeze and pull aggro off the voidwalker. Sadly i know the die hard lock experts will say that des is last in dps in terms of 90 raids. but i will enjoy it for now. I may dps wise have to choose aff later, but for now i can have fun.

also i don't reccomend using felflame for refresher for immol. If ur on the run and need some dps sure. Only reason i feel this way is the initial dmg from immol can crit and does help out even if it doesn't. Even on Aff specc they don't recommend using felflame to refresh the dots.
Reply Quote

also i don't reccomend using felflame for refresher for immol. If ur on the run and need some dps sure. Only reason i feel this way is the initial dmg from immol can crit and does help out even if it doesn't. Even on Aff specc they don't recommend using felflame to refresh the dots.

I would disagree with this. Not only does refreshing with fel flame do more damage in half the time but it also adds heavily to your burning embers especially when it crits.
Immolate gives no embers at all and you are losing valuable dps casting immolate inbetween everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I am not gonna lie, I always did want to play the petless lock in PvP back in BC, but... ehh.. now that I have the chance it does feel a bit strange xD

Anyways
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urCXnqW9K1c
^ Me having alot of fun :D On that subject 2 ppl have "unsubbed" because of me >.< /flex how many can u make ragequit?
Edited by Frinkls on 10/9/2012 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/09/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Draxxus
Not only does refreshing with fel flame do more damage in half the time but it also adds heavily to your burning embers especially when it crits.

Refreshing with Fel Flame is actually less duration in twice the time. Assuming 2s left on Immolate:

With Fel Flame:
0.0s - Fel Flame (+6s duration, 8s remaining)
1.5s - Fel Flame (+6s duration, 12.5s remaining)
3.0s - Continue rotation (11s remaining)

Recasting Immolate:
0.0s - Immolate (+15s duration, 17s remaining)
1.5s - Continue rotation (15.5s remaining)

Recasting Immolate gives you more non-refreshing (read as: important) spells between refreshes, and less time spent refreshing. Got any math to show that Fel Flame refreshing is actually more damage overall?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
you will be pulling 30k dps when you hit 90
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
^ Me having alot of fun :D On that subject 2 ppl have "unsubbed" because of me >.< /flex how many can u make ragequit?

Incredible vid!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I see a lvl 90 with zero hks in this thread and because of this i hope they nerf destruction into the ground so people go back to playing mage, i dont wanna be part of some fotm class.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Just dont nerf Afflic... I like being a laser skull beam of doom...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I am not gonna lie, I always did want to play the petless lock in PvP back in BC, but... ehh.. now that I have the chance it does feel a bit strange xD

Anyways
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urCXnqW9K1c

PS... i love your battle pet names...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/09/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Crackhorror
I see a lvl 90 with zero hks in this thread and because of this i hope they nerf destruction into the ground so people go back to playing mage, i dont wanna be part of some fotm class.

You're adorable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i see you went out and got 3hks.. you must have taken my comment to heart :)
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Serinicas
Recasting Immolate gives you more non-refreshing (read as: important) spells between refreshes, and less time spent refreshing. Got any math to show that Fel Flame refreshing is actually more damage overall?

I wouldn't know where to start doing the math on it, but I like to keep Immolates cast during Dark Soul refreshed for as long as mana will allow. Obviously you also get more damage from each Fel Flame than initial Immolate damage, and your FF will generate Embers.

I won't be raiding with this toon anytime soon so I haven't geared him up, but I seem to do considerably more damage keeping a buffed Immolate refreshed rather than recasting it.
Reply Quote
I use fel flame a lot in pvp simply because you can use it on the move. Otherwise I prefer to use incinerate if I have the time. Fel Flame is good in pvp.. wouldn't use it in raiding as much.. just to refresh immolate I suppose. When your trying to stay in range fel flame is invaluable and keeps the target having to be healed or self heal. Anyways.. My rotation in pvp is always coe, immolate.. if I have lots of embers I go right for chaos bolt.. followed by two nice conflags with a trigger finger on shadowburn.. otherwise its coe, immolate.. fel flame or incinerate till enough embers.. if by chance they hit lower health I'll pop to conflags and hopefully a shadowburn. The rotation is very situational and depended on a number of factors. DPS is good but isn't well sustained, the burst dmg though is amazing and you should be racking up killing blows.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]