Mists of Pandaria 10 Day Trial Error

(Locked)

22 Worgen Warlock
So I tried to do the 10 Day Trial for Mists and I got this message:

An error has occurred.
You cannot create a Starter Edition account at this time. If you recently purchased a digital upgrade for World of Warcraft®, please wait until the upgrade process is completely finished and try again.

Anyone know how to get rid of that? I didn't try to upgrade any of my accounts earlier to any other expansions...
85 Tauren Druid
Are you using the starter account for the trial? I don't think that'll work. Have to buy the battlechest before you can get trials and sumesuch.
22 Worgen Warlock
10/09/2012 05:12 AMPosted by Tuskenor
Are you using the starter account for the trial? I don't think that'll work. Have to buy the battlechest before you can get trials and sumesuch.

Nope. Using my main account. x.x

I don't know, maybe it's a bug and they'll get it fixed, but it's still annoying.
55 Undead Mage
It's probably just an error. We all know Blizzard is prone to them. But yeah, I have Cata and stuff and it's giving me the same message. They'll fix it soon hopefully.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
same issue, i wanna try out monks and what not before i blow 40 bucks on this xpans. i dont want to waste my time if this is another cata-fail
80 Tauren Druid
Is there a notice on the main website that the MoP trial is active? Nope.

Is there a sticky in the General forum that an MOP free trial is active? Nope.

They have NOT announced a free trial yet. Why do you expect it to be there?

Watch the main page of the website - as said in the other 20 posts about this. If the trial opens up it will be noted there. Otherwise it just seems a bit like trolling.
Edited by Tamrâ on 10/9/2012 7:06 AM PDT
clearly if they made the button accessible they are releasing the trial. so whether or not they posted about it yet is not really relevant. they announced LFR was dropping after todays down time but obviously that isnt working either. so is you being a douche nozzle on the forums needed? Nope.
90 Draenei Shaman
As i am upgraded i cant check.

Does the button actualy say MoP trial? or just 10 day trial?

But they were correct, they will usualy Post about it, when it has been released.
80 Tauren Druid
It has been there since MOP came out, but it's been giving an error since it's not available yet. Unfortunately, all the threads are confusing and unclear when they say "it's not active yet and will be announced when it is".
10/09/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Tamrâ
It has been there since MOP came out, but it's been giving an error since it's not available yet. Unfortunately, all the threads are confusing and unclear when they say "it's not active yet and will be announced when it is".

not really, the button has not been accessible this whole time untill today after servers came back up. the button was grey and not clickable.

As i am upgraded i cant check.

Does the button actualy say MoP trial? or just 10 day trial?

But they were correct, they will usualy Post about it, when it has been released.

it says MoP 10 day free trial. just like they did with wrath and cata.
55 Undead Mage
It has been there since MoP was released, yes, but it was gray and not able to click. Now it's lit up, able to be clicked and takes you to a confirm page. It is only now giving the error message as of today. It was not doing that previously. Why wouldn't we assume that it has to be soon?
Edited by Trailboss on 10/9/2012 7:28 AM PDT
80 Tauren Druid
10/09/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Trailboss
Why wouldn't we assume that it has to be soon?

Assuming it has to be soon is different than not reading the prior posts which tell you where to look for the announcement when it goes live. Why ignore that? Do you think it will get you in faster?
90 Gnome Warlock
10/09/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Trailboss
It has been there since MoP was released, yes, but it was gray and not able to click. Now it's lit up, able to be clicked and takes you to a confirm page. It is only now giving the error message as of today. It was not doing that previously. Why wouldn't we assume that it has to be soon?

We have seen this before actually. Sometimes they flip a switch too early and things like this happan before an anouncement can be made. I would sit tight and give them some time, more then likely it wasn't meant to go live just yet and someone accidently made the button active.

I do agree though that it should be soon.
55 Undead Mage
I've never checked for any updates. I log in and and play the game. Even if they did I announce it, I'm sure I'd miss it. I was just hopeful that since the button was now able to be clicked it would be soon. Kind of seemed like it made sense to me but screw it.
55 Undead Mage
Thanks for a good answer. They must've flipped the switch too soon then.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/09/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Trailboss
I've never checked for any updates. I log in and and play the game. Even if they did I announce it, I'm sure I'd miss it. I was just hopeful that since the button was now able to be clicked it would be soon. Kind of seemed like it made sense to me but screw it.

Yeah I definately get the confusion, that sucks. If the past is any indication then this is actually a good sign and means you should expect to hear something about it in a few days.

BTW, I saw that you were wanting to try Monks... Pretty cool class, different and yet feels comfortable. I enjoyed playing a premade Monk in Beta and leveling one as well, as soon as I get this guy geared for raiding I'm going to make one. I think you will enjoy it. :)
20 Human Hunter
I would expect it to open pretty soon (this week).
Blizzard Employee

An error has occurred.
You cannot create a Starter Edition account at this time. If you recently purchased a digital upgrade for World of Warcraft®, please wait until the upgrade process is completely finished and try again.
This is being looked into, Casana. While the Mists of Pandaria Free 10-day trial button is live, I do not yet have confirmation whether the trial is available.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have additional information.
This is being looked into, Casana. While the Mists of Pandaria Free 10-day trial button is live, I do not yet have confirmation whether the trial is available.

Thanks.
22 Worgen Warlock

An error has occurred.

Oh a blue. Neat. :O Ok, I'm patient, sorta. I can wait. Thanks! :3
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]