Mists of Pandaria 10 Day Trial Error

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Death Knight
yet again blizz gets ppl excited just to let them down 2 hours later. (cata xpans all over again)
90 Human Paladin
Why... It's been what, two weeks since Mists released? Where's the trial...? Just seems like a way for Blizzard to make people buy there game without trying it.. I know I won't be buying it yet, the only decent expansion was BurningCrusade..
Edited by Emeria on 10/9/2012 10:17 AM PDT
22 Worgen Warlock
10/09/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Snöw
we got trolled by blizzard

Pretty much. >.>
85 Gnome Warlock
what a let down blizzard has become
85 Gnome Warlock
makes me wish we were back in 07 when Bc was released back when everything was good and fun :( Le cry
88 Goblin Shaman
At this time I have received confirmation that the trial is not yet available and the ability to click on the Mists of Pandaria 10-day trial has been disabled.

Our apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

Wow Blizz, just wow. Two weeks isn't long enough to make people wait? You are not yet satisfied with the resounding success in sales of this expansion? Don't trust that allowing people to test it out will lead them to buy it?

I mean, seriously, two weeks is long enough. Make the trial available already and be done with it.
90 Human Paladin
BurningCrusade was alright.. but PreBC "Vanilla" was hands down the best time of WoW.
100 Draenei Shaman
At this time I have received confirmation that the trial is not yet available and the ability to click on the Mists of Pandaria 10-day trial has been disabled.

Wow Blizz, just wow. Two weeks isn't long enough to make people wait? You are not yet satisfied with the resounding success in sales of this expansion? Don't trust that allowing people to test it out will lead them to buy it?

I mean, seriously, two weeks is long enough. Make the trial available already and be done with it.

They dont have to give any trial at ALL if they didnt want to. That the trial comes with free game time as well is an even bigger bonus, it could be a trial for content, but you have to pay for your game time though seperately.

All these things considered, that you are getting them for free, when they dont have to do it.. i think people can be a little patient for them.
24 Blood Elf Rogue

Lame..
88 Goblin Shaman

They dont have to give any trial at ALL if they didnt want to. That the trial comes with free game time as well is an even bigger bonus, it could be a trial for content, but you have to pay for your game time though seperately.

All these things considered, that you are getting them for free, when they dont have to do it.. i think people can be a little patient for them.

They kind of do, actually. Why? Because they know that there are disillusioned players out there who flat out will not purchase the expansion without proof that it is good. And after playing the trial, theoretically, they will find out that this expansion is worth buying. And then they buy it! It's quite simple actually: Blizzard is losing money by not making the trial available.

Edit: just look at this thread. There are people posting saying that they are likely to forget about it, now that Blizzard didn't release the trial at a time that totally made sense (exactly two weeks after release). Those people were briefly interested in trying out the expac ... now they might forget entirely. Blizzard's loss.
Edited by Scotlin on 10/9/2012 10:41 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of buying bad expansions.. where's the trial..
11 Undead Priest
Darn...
90 Night Elf Mage

They kind of do, actually. Why? Because they know that there are disillusioned players out there who flat out will not purchase the expansion without proof that it is good. And after playing the trial, theoretically, they will find out that this expansion is worth buying. And then they buy it! It's quite simple actually: Blizzard is losing money by not making the trial available.

Edit: just look at this thread. There are people posting saying that they are likely to forget about it, now that Blizzard didn't release the trial at a time that totally made sense (exactly two weeks after release). Those people were briefly interested in trying out the expac ... now they might forget entirely. Blizzard's loss.

Hah, they wont forget.. BUT I would love the trial as well. I have Cataclysm now, and would like to see things, but from what I read and look at, it looks worthwhile.
90 Draenei Paladin
Well, i preordered the game 4 months before its release, still havnt played it. I just wish i could try my game before buying time for it (its logical). I wouldnt mind getting 1 day trial instead of 10 days but at the very least, i want to play the game i paid and see if it is worth it. Moreover, i dont have any clickable trial button on battlenet so i guess i lost it because i entered my game Key?
90 Gnome Warlock
10/10/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Thorienyard
Well, i preordered the game 4 months before its release, still havnt played it. I just wish i could try my game before buying time for it (its logical). I wouldnt mind getting 1 day trial instead of 10 days but at the very least, i want to play the game i paid and see if it is worth it. Moreover, i dont have any clickable trial button on battlenet so i guess i lost it because i entered my game Key?

You can play the game you bought, however you have to buy time to do so like everyone else. You don't have a clickable trial button because there is no trial yet.
90 Draenei Hunter
I haven't played in almost 2 yrs.....I wanted to try the trial because I don't feel justified in paying $55 for something that I'll end up only playing for 6 months due to the redundant-ness.
Too many bad changes with WoW on blizz's part IMO.
Still playing D3 tho! :-)
80 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Vya
I don't feel justified in paying $55

It only costs $39.99.

Best expansion they've put out so far. The scenery and music alone make it worth every penny. The game play, the dungeons are fantastic. I don't know what they did with the graphics engine, but my FPS is always up around 180+ now. It's also been the smoothest expansion I've seen in my 7 years with the game.

Gotta run...I have level 90 dungeons to do!

*wave*
Edited by Tamrâ on 10/10/2012 4:59 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
very lame... every other xpac had trial a few days after its been over 2 weeks
80 Tauren Druid
10/11/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Pathero
very lame... every other xpac had trial a few days after its been over 2 weeks

No, they didn't. Which one do you think was a "few days", or did you just make that up?

The Burning Crusade released on 1/27/2007 and the free trial released on 4/19/2007.
Wrath of the Lich King released on 11/13/2008 and the free trial released on 12/18/2008.
Cataclysm released on 12/7/20120 and the trial released on 12/16/2010.
Edited by Tamrâ on 10/11/2012 4:29 PM PDT
85 Goblin Shaman
No, they didn't. Which one do you think was a "few days", or did you just make that up?

You were wrong when you posted that timetable in the other thread, and you were still wrong when you posted it in this one.

10/10/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Tamrâ
It only costs $39.99.

It's $55 for people who buy the expansion and renew their subscription, which is the situation of pretty much everyone in this thread who is interested in free trial availability. That is, except for you, who is for some reason trolling these threads and offering no helpful or accurate information.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]