Boomkin leveling questions

90 Tauren Druid
Hi, I've just come back after about 2+ years and am trying to level my 80 boomkin. I've read the above sticky for PVE boomkins but still have some questions. Should I worry about reforging anything right now, since I know I will be replacing it all as I level? Also, the numbers listed in the guide don't really state when I want those numbers, are they for starting raids at level 90, or are they what you want to achieve after getting raid gear? I'm a little overwhelmed with all the changes that have been made, especially with MOP, and feel like a complete noob again. Also, are there any other guides besides the sticky above, or any websites that any of you would recommend?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If you're talking about the moonfarespam guide, it's specifically a raiding guide. Lissanna has a leveling guide for all specs which should cover the 80-90 levels as well.

10/10/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Kilvarough
Also, the numbers listed in the guide don't really state when I want those numbers, are they for starting raids at level 90, or are they what you want to achieve after getting raid gear?

Which numbers are you talking about? If you're freaking out, I'd say just take a deep breath and go out into the world and start pushing buttons. Don't worry about guides until you're a little more familiar with the changes.

10/10/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Kilvarough
Should I worry about reforging anything right now, since I know I will be replacing it all as I level?

No, don't worry about it. While leveling the only stat I worry about is making sure I'm hit capped for mobs at least 1 level above me. It's nice to have it for 2 levels above in case you do dungeons, but not particularly necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Eluial
If you're talking about the moonfarespam guide, it's specifically a raiding guide. Lissanna has a leveling guide for all specs which should cover the 80-90 levels as well.

Yes, that is the guide I was referring to, it's the only Boomkin specific PVE guide I saw. I will check out Lissanna's guide as that seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Which numbers are you talking about?

The numbers I was referring to are the stat caps listed in moonfarespam's guide, but since I know that's just for raiding, I won't worry about them now.

No, don't worry about it. While leveling the only stat I worry about is making sure I'm hit capped for mobs at least 1 level above me. It's nice to have it for 2 levels above in case you do dungeons, but not particularly necessary.

Ok, good to know. Although, I'm not quite certain how to figure out hit cap for 1 or 2 levels above me. As you can see by my gear, I didn't really have the top raid gear or numbers when I left, which was right after the final WotLK patch, Icecrown Citidal, came out. Does Lissanna's guide go over that as well? If not, could you possibly go over how it works, or link another guide that has that info? Thanks for all your help, like I said, I feel like a noob again, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/10/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Kilvarough
Although, I'm not quite certain how to figure out hit cap for 1 or 2 levels above me.

It's actually been simplified a bit if you're not too worried about precision. If you open up your character sheet in game (hit C by default), at the bottom right there's a little button with a yellow arrow on it. Hit that and you'll see all your stats. Find the spell section, then where it says hit chance, mouse over the number. It will tell you your chance to miss mobs 1, 2 and 3 levels above you. Get more hit until whatever level your aiming for says 0%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]