Tank Lounge 50: Truffle Shuffle

90 Orc Warrior
Welcome to the tank lounge.

This thread is a thread for us tanks to get a chance to meet each other and relax. This is the place to post about your adventures in tanking, vent about DPS/healers (gently), or just chat off-topic.

We are all friends here, so if you have any disagreements please take them outside, and please please follow the forum rules and code of conduct:

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866

The previous lounge can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758456368

The first lounge:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973014205

If this thread caps, I ask the person with post number 501: please create another thread with a similarly-themed name and post these rules; so we can continue discussion.

Celyn has personally emailed wowreportedpost@blizzard.com asking permission to post this thread here in the tanking forums and been told this thread is okay, so long as we follow the rules. So have a seat, relax and lets get to know each other!

Play nice, ladies and gentlemen.

HEY MY FIRST ONE THAT'S AWESOME

ALSO COULDN'T THINK OF A GOOD TITLE SO DEAL WITH IT

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE

Okay on with your regularly scheduled program.
90 Pandaren Monk
So, probably gonna reroll my warrior, but do I want to suffer through 75 levels of tanking again like I did on the monk?
100 Human Warlock
Unrelated, anyone try Mechromancer yet?

GF got her own copy recently, so us and a friend are going to start level 1s sometime soon, considering trying her out. The right tree (Anarchy or something?) is mildly confusing, and yet cool looking.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Samayael
GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE

HEY YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUYS!
100 Human Warrior
Oh dammit Sam...look what you've done.

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!
90 Dwarf Paladin
grabbed darkmoon trinket today for 35k. Decent trinket now except that it doesnt go well with my Jade Warlord Figurine since they both have 1 minute cooldowns and share the cooldown oh why why why me
39 Worgen Warlock
Dear Blizzard:

I love my monk.

Please don't give my guild a legitimate reason to ask me to switch to my pally so we can progress on heroic modes.
100 Dwarf Warrior
10/10/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Samayael
GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE

ANDY-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y

YOU GOONIE!...oonie...oonie...oonie
90 Pandaren Warrior
I really need a shield and sword to go with this set
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/10/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Ðemolition
I really need a shield and sword to go with this set

Pandaren warriors look really BA, it's too bad I can't stand playing warrior...

I haven't even made it off the wandering isle on mine.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Goonies? Where's the Baby Ruth reference, cmon now.
90 Pandaren Monk
50 OT threads! Woo!
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/10/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brewmocracy
50 OT threads! Woo!

Don't forget at least 50 more back when they were /casts
90 Orc Warrior
Oh dammit Sam...look what you've done.

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT

Pandaren warriors look really BA, it's too bad I can't stand playing warrior...

Warriors are awesome though. :(
90 Tauren Druid
To the raiding wars in here, how big of a role is shield barrier playing for you? I'd imagine it's pretty important on stone guard, just wondering how often it's getting used on the other bosses.

I ask because we replaced our OT right before our raids last week (other one didn't level up, and didn't let us know he wouldn't be leveling :P), and I just realized the warrior we brought in didn't use it at all. Would like to be able to give good advice.
90 Orc Death Knight
10/10/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Vexione

I think that has more to do with the Pandaren starter zone being incredibly boring.
90 Orc Warrior
To the raiding wars in here, how big of a role is shield barrier playing for you? I'd imagine it's pretty important on stone guard, just wondering how often it's getting used on the other bosses.

I ask because we replaced our OT right before our raids last week (other one didn't level up, and didn't let us know he wouldn't be leveling :P), and I just realized the warrior we brought in didn't use it at all. Would like to be able to give good advice.

Stone Guard and Elegon are the fights where it gets the most usage. On most others, Block seems better since they're mostly physical damage. A full rage Barrier on Will might block a full attack, but then you're left with the other attacks. Block will, well, block 30% at least of all damage on Will (well, most damage they do to you I guess) and that's a mighty big difference.

Feng, Barrier can help with Lightning Lash/Flame Spear/Arcane Shock and those do tend to sting a bit. On Gara'jal, you're better with Block since Shadowy Attacks goes through Barrier. Spirit Kings, haven't tanked.
Edited by Samayael on 10/10/2012 8:08 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
First off, thanks for the quick response.
10/10/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Samayael
Spirit Kings, haven't tanked.

He won't be tanking them either, so that's fine :D.

Happy to hear Elegon is a good fight for it. He was having a hard time with that fight, so much so that we took him off the boss completely outside of a few seconds every 1-2 adds to let me drop stacks. Hopefully we can get that fixed.

About the other fights, do warriors have enough rage to use both at all? I know even on fights where I would focus on SD, I'd still have enough rage to throw out an FR here or there, but I'm not sure how war rage gen is.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]