Dun dun dunnn Illidari Scenario in 5.1

100 Human Monk
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/october/blacktemplescenario.jpg

So we could be getting a lore update here regarding the bestest badarse in the cosmos.

HOWEVER: It is also worth noting that scenarios were originally created as a means to replace group quests to make levelling up have more variety. So it is entirely possible Blizzard is adding this just as a way to make Outlands more bearable.

Either way though, what do you think will happen here? I'm betting we'll end up fighting Blood Elven initiates, and maybe some of their Night Elven trainers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I hope it has something to do with Kanrethad, the warlock from the Black Harvest council. He said he was going to Outland.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
10/11/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Sternbridge
I hope it has something to do with Kanrethad, the warlock from the Black Harvest council. He said he was going to Outland.
It does.
Scenario Steps

Enter the Black Temple - Avoid the guards and enter the Sanctuary of Shadows.
Search for Evidence of the Council's Presence - Find proof that the Council of the Black Harvest came to the temple.
Follow Akama to the Shrine of Lost Souls
Uncover the Council's Plan - Investigate the Reliquary of Souls.
Defeat the Essence of Order - Claim the soul crystal left behind by the Council of the Black Harvest.
Survive the Demonic Invasion - Fight off the demons unleashed by the Reliquary and return to Akama in the Halls of Anguish.
Purge or Plunder - Choose to save Akama's men in the Halls of Anguish or plunder the Den of Mortal delights in the chaos.
Head to the Temple Summit - Take the Empowered Soulcore to the Temple Summit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Dusksworn
It does.

Excellent.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
WE'RE GETTING GREEN FIRE.

I AM IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTIONAL INSTABILITY.

I CAN'T. I AM UNABLE TO EVEN.

And it's Jubeka and Karenthad. Nobody every remembers female characters...
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
10/11/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Baalsamael
And it's Jubeka and Karenthad. Nobody every remembers female characters...

Hey, I remember every boob I see man.

But when she's in a book, it don't count for nuttin'
Edited by Draile on 10/11/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Survive the Demonic Invasion - Fight off the demons unleashed by the Reliquary and return to Akama in the Halls of Anguish.

Was not expecting that. Loyalists to Kael'Thas?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It doesn't say "Fight the Reliquary;" it just says you have to fight the demons that they unleashed (possibly by accident).

That said, they could be turncoats instead.
Edited by Gibbons on 10/11/2012 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
10/11/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Gibbons
It doesn't say "Fight the Reliquary;" it just says you have to fight the demons that they unleashed (possibly by accident).

... Hadnt thought of that. It wouldnt make much sense for Alliance doing this, though. Why would they be helping the Reliquary? Although, I suppose they might not have made Explorer's League Achievments or something.

I'm also kind of confused as to why they'd be there. I would've assumed Akama's Broken or the Sha'tar would've been the lead players in a Black Temple Scenario.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's probably referring to the Reliquary of Souls, not the blood elven Reliquary.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
10/11/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Egrem
It's probably referring to the Reliquary of Souls, not the blood elven Reliquary.

I had figured it would have said "That were unleashed in the Reliquary" if that were the case.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The Reliquary of Souls is a creature/thing, not a place. It's located in the Shrine of Lost Souls.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Cártian

I had figured it would have said "That were unleashed in the Reliquary" if that were the case.

The Reliquary seems to be sentient.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
10/11/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Egrem
The Reliquary of Souls is a creature/thing, not a place. It's located in the Shrine of Lost Souls.

... Oh! The Reliquary of souls was the creepy face thing? I thought it was the acutal room. My bad.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Holy moley, this is right up my alley. I hope it's foreshadowing for the content I'm always fixated on discussing.

Now I have a brand new reason to go to the Black Temple! I love that place.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Holy moley, this is right up my alley. I hope it's foreshadowing for the content I'm always fixated on discussing.

Now I have a brand new reason to go to the Black Temple! I love that place.

Same here! Its one of my favorite places in WoW ^^ I cant wait to go back.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I wonder if it'll have changed since it was reclaimed by Akama...? Probably not.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I was thinking green fire for warlocks now that I've settled down to read the scenario details, but looking at the details with the Reliquary, I always got the sense the Reliquary was some weird collection of emotional energy from Illidan in some way, perhaps Illidan has in essence backed up his own soul within the Reliquary in some way?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
10/11/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Elenie
I wonder if it'll have changed since it was reclaimed by Akama...? Probably not.

It shows it was, sorta, via the objectives. It's currently being controlled by Akama and his Deathsworn.

But the Council of Black Harvest (/whistles to self) apparently broke in to try to re-energize some object (YAY GREEN FIRE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO), and turned Black Temple on again, creating/releasing a bunch of demons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]