Wildfowl Breast droprate non-existant.

90 Troll Rogue
This is beyond stupid that you nerfed the droprate of these into the ground. As in went from 100% to never get one. Can we get some explanation as to why? Pretty infuriating that one more cooking mat is impossible to get now.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
10/02/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Methods
This is beyond stupid that you nerfed the droprate of these into the ground. As in went from 100% to never get one. Can we get some explanation as to why? Pretty infuriating that one more cooking mat is impossible to get now.

Clearly it's not impossible to obtain. Using words like "never" and "impossible" tend to devalue your argument because you're obviously exaggerating and doing so makes it difficult to determine whether it's really a problem or whether you're just a whiny baby.

You ask for an explanation for a change that you yourself suggested was needed (100% drop rate probably isn't ideal) immediately after calling the change "beyond stupid." Honey always catches more flies than vinegar.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have to say, I was surprised by your post. The wildfowl breast is actually my second highest drop for food (behind the raw turtle meat). I think you may have just been unlikely in your recent attempts because I have plenty of the breasts and I was not even specifically trying to farm them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
The drop rate went from 100% yesterday, to today 0 out of 50+ kills from the cranes in valley. While 100% may be a bit unrealistic to expect, nerfing it that hard is kinda silly.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Because Blizzard only understands extremes. Notorious for over-correcting.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yesterday I was getting 100% today I am getting MAYBE 1 in 20 or so if I am lucky. Tested near Halfhill and Kasarang Wilds. Both crappy drop rates. It was nice to not have to rely on fishing or paying the insane prices for AH cooking supplies.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Kill the vultures by the Ox Gate in Kun-Lai Summit. Was getting a breast at least every other kill. They may have nerfed some animals that drop this, but they didn't on these.

EDIT- These are only available while you have a quest to kill them. If I find any others that have decent drop rates I'll post here.
Edited by Deathzone on 10/2/2012 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I was getting one every drop from the flying birds around valley of four winds especially the ones carrying the packs of barley or whatever it is. This was just an hour ago.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Mojones

Clearly it's not impossible to obtain. Using words like "never" and "impossible" tend to devalue your argument because you're obviously exaggerating and doing so makes it difficult to determine whether it's really a problem or whether you're just a whiny baby.

You ask for an explanation for a change that you yourself suggested was needed (100% drop rate probably isn't ideal) immediately after calling the change "beyond stupid." Honey always catches more flies than vinegar.

Pseudo-intellectual response is pseudo-intellectual
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I killed 3 birds last nigh outside of halfhill. 2 of them dropped the breasts. Small sample size, but hardly "0 our of 50" or whatever you claim.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Heard there was a hotfix to make certain birds "meatier".
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Latest notes indicate a change in drop rates of meats and stuff. Didn't see a direction, just a note.
Reply Quote
44 Draenei Paladin
I killed a lot of cranes today while questing, and while the drop rate wasn't 100% anymore, it was still maybe 40%-50% or so. It's possible that certain mobs had their meat drops nerfed, or that the nerf was followed by a quick hotfix, but the situation doesn't seem anywhere near as dire as described in the OP.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
This guy is full of it and just making stuff up just because it's no longer 100%. It's definitely not 0%, more like 60-70%. I checked yesterday. Flat out lying does no one any good.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
10/03/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Kilryte
This guy is full of it and just making stuff up just because it's no longer 100%. It's definitely not 0%, more like 60-70%. I checked yesterday. Flat out lying does no one any good.

Yep totally. Douche. Just makin up threads for the fun of it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Killed about 150 birds today, have 44 meat in my bags from it. 29% drop rate for is is a pretty big step down, 50% I would understand as better, as it was ridiculous how many tokens you could farm with it at 100%.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I agree with the ~30% drop rate. It's painfully slow now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I went and killed things for 5 minutes on my main, lots of chicken dropped. I consider a repeatable daily that can be done with such ease to be more than worth a few extra minutes now and again to secure the items.

At least it doesn't mean if I want a chef set that I need to save for several hundred days.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/06/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Crimsonmage
I consider a repeatable daily that can be done with such ease to be more than worth a few extra minutes now and again to secure the items.

A daily quest is a quest that you can do once a day. If you can do it an arbitrary number of times, then it's just repeatable.
Edited by Keeblik on 10/6/2012 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
fishing holes are 100% if you want to quickly get those tokens...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]