Enh Macro question

90 Tauren Shaman
I'm having trouble getting a simple macro to work, it always hangs up on SS, never anything else, and not always. it seems to have something to do with hitting a shock too close to it, if I space button mashes out evenly it runs fine. My question, is why on SS and ONLY on SS does it hang. I have rewritten, spaced, check spelling, etc, it is fine. also, the way it hangs up the toolpic is there, but even if I keep hitting the key it will answer the reset as if I am not hitting it.

The error message is spell is not ready yet, even tho it IS ready.

If I take the reset out of the macro it will perpetually hang up and never clear, but if I do anything to the macro, like add a space between the , and the next spell it frees up (but only until the next time it hangs, the space doesnt fix it but for that time, taking the space out clears it as well when it next hangs)

Never had this problem until recently

/castsequence reset=8 Unleash Elements,Stormstrike,Lava Lash

The macro is actully bigger than that, but it hangs even when its this simple. Also, I cant get the actual spell tooltip from the book, dragged down and used solo, to hang at all
Edited by Badbeef on 10/2/2012 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm pretty sure they broke cast sequence macros for Mists.

Even if they didn't, that macro and anything like it SUCKS and you shouldn't use it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
/castsequence macros arent broken they work fine, i didnt ask for your opinion on the macro, I asked if anyone had an explanation for why that spell and only that spell hangs up in the sequence. other spells may be having the same problem but you wouldnt know youre too busy trolling about things you know nothing about
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
someone called me bad

GOD DAMN TROLLS WTFFFFF
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/02/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Badbeef
/castsequence macros arent broken they work fine, i didnt ask for your opinion on the macro, I asked if anyone had an explanation for why that spell and only that spell hangs up in the sequence. other spells may be having the same problem but you wouldnt know youre too busy trolling about things you know nothing about

I'm sorry, which one of us has the raiding experience?

Oh, right, me.

Cast sequence macros suck. Period.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
again, i didnt ask for your opinion on the macro, what you mean is, you dont have a clue why it doesnt work
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
/castsequence reset=8 Unleash Elements,Stormstrike,Lava Lash
I just tested it and it is working.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/02/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Badbeef
again, i didnt ask for your opinion on the macro, what you mean is, you dont have a clue why it doesnt work

Nor do I care, because the macro sucks.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I'm trying to help you become a better player. You are severely hurting yourself by using castsequence macros.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Talking with friends and guildies, its actually an issue that comes up in a lot of castsequence macros, it is often associated with using them while using the keyboard for a quick strafe. The spells so far that seem to have the biggest hanging issues are Storm Strike, Holy Wrath, and Cobra Shots.
Fortunately, I prefer to play Elemental so I don't come in contact with the issue while playing my Shaman.
Hope that helps!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
@ what Chab said; that is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! It doesn't reset on an 8 second timer and there are also global timers to consider as well being Enh. For the most part using a cast sequence macro WILL give you issues almost every time when it comes to enhancement. What i'd recommend you do is part up some skills that are not on the same CD/global with each other. I could get into it but i'm not going to as you (OP) have already bashed any attempt at helping you make a better macro/player. I can only say that this is why it is not working for you.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I'm pretty sure in the 4 months it took you to necro this thread, the issue has been sorted out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/10/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Rude
I'm pretty sure in the 4 months it took you to necro this thread, the issue has been sorted out.

wow your name must fit! I didn't even notice the post dates as the most recent were what...hours ago? I also am not seeing your logic in bringing up that point. The posts were meant to help not hurt; yet you are sitting here bringing up a baseless point; and necroing the thread you are complaining about necroing....SMH i mean C'MON MAN! :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
As much as this is a Necro, I recently started playing WoW again and hit 90 on my Undead Priest before realizing how boring it is without mana burn so I'm leveling a Troll Shaman and now that it is level 87...this thread made me realize how bad cast sequences are for Enhancement.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
01/10/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Valvados
wow your name must fit! I didn't even notice the post dates as the most recent were what...hours ago? I also am not seeing your logic in bringing up that point. The posts were meant to help not hurt; yet you are sitting here bringing up a baseless point; and necroing the thread you are complaining about necroing....SMH i mean C'MON MAN! :)

Your entire post there was considerably more "baseless" than anything I had to say. I posted 3 minutes after you did, which is about as far from being a necro as you can get.

01/10/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Anæsthetic
this thread made me realize how bad cast sequences are for Enhancement.

Yup
Reply Quote
Cast sequence macros suck. Period.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/10/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Rude
[quote="75913280381"]wow your name must fit! I didn't even notice the post dates as the most recent were what...hours ago? I also am not seeing your logic in bringing up that point. The posts were meant to help not hurt; yet you are sitting here bringing up a baseless point; and necroing the thread you are complaining about necroing....SMH i mean C'MON MAN! :)

Your entire post there was considerably more "baseless" than anything I had to say. I posted 3 minutes after you did, which is about as far from being a necro as you can get.

ROFL are you serious?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA You do realize that there was a post 3 and then another 24 hours before mine right? Yet you come on here and complain that it is a necro thread? Yet it was at the top of the recent post list... Do you just perceive what supports whatever you are going to say to people? Mind you it was rude at that. ROFL what a joke
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Did you miss the point where Hyjinx's post was from 3 months ago?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Not that I would ever really recommend it, but you can use a cast sequence macro for Unleash Elements and Flame Shock. I wouldn't recommend it because there are other times you will need to Flame Shock (Such as with UE on cooldown after already using a buffed Flame Shock, but needing to apply another one for adds which just recently came up, etc. wierd things like that) and a cast sequence macro won't let you do that if you have already used both abilities put into it. It will instead wait for UE, and then after that before letting you shock again.

I have also received minor erros which have caused my macro to have me Flame Shock, and THEN Unleash Elements, which is minor annoying.

But back to the point, Unleash Elements and Flame Shock work decently well together because you should be using Flame Shock within a 10 second time period after using Unleash Elements.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
01/11/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Valvados
ROFL are you serious?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA You do realize that there was a post 3 and then another 24 hours before mine right? Yet you come on here and complain that it is a necro thread? Yet it was at the top of the recent post list... Do you just perceive what supports whatever you are going to say to people? Mind you it was rude at that. ROFL what a joke

You're either a troll or an idiot. Or both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]