Engineering Madness! Fair or Not?

90 Human Warrior
I queued up for a random dungeon as a fury warrior dps. I got queued up with a bunch of random people, however I was the only person in the group able to use sheilds, a shield dropped off of the last boss. Since we had a Death Knight tank he told me np, take it for your offset. The resto shaman "Roscoe" from Engineering Madness on Drenden ninjad the shield for xmog. I think that offspec should have priority over xmog, but that's just me. I whispered their gm about this situation he seemed to think it was fair.....If you don't, then I don't recommend running with anyone from their guild.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You're in a random group, don't expect everyone to share your loot rules. Stuff like this happens all the time and all you can do is move on. Put him on your ignore list and you'll never get paired up with him again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It wont pair you up with someone on your ignore list?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/03/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Jenocíde

Nope, the LFD (and possibly LFR) will not group you with players that you have ignored, and you can ignore players on different realms too by including their server name after a dash. (ex: /ignore playername-servername) This was implemented a few months into Cataclysm I think.
Edited by Collie on 10/4/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/04/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Collie

Nope, the LFD (and possibly LFR) will not group you with players that you have ignored, and you can ignore players on different realms too by including their server name after a dash. (ex: /ignore playername-servername) This was implemented a few months into Cataclysm I think.

Oh man... My ignore list is gonna be freaking PACKED when LFR opens.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
/ignore Hesher
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/02/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Jenocidal
I queued up for a random dungeon as a fury warrior dps. I got queued up with a bunch of random people, however I was the only person in the group able to use sheilds, a shield dropped off of the last boss. Since we had a Death Knight tank he told me np, take it for your offset. The resto shaman "Roscoe" from Engineering Madness on Drenden ninjad the shield for xmog. I think that offspec should have priority over xmog, but that's just me. I whispered their gm about this situation he seemed to think it was fair.....If you don't, then I don't recommend running with anyone from their guild.

Although most folks will agree that main spec loot choices take priority, who gets to decide that your need for off-spec gear outweighs someone else's need for transmog gear?

For me, if it's a random run and a person CAN roll on something, they can roll on it for ANY reason they wish. Guild runs with specific rules are a different story. This is just loot whining in my book.

And the guys/gals at Engineering Madness are good people, great raiders, and I support them!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]