Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Healer OT)

85 Human Paladin
The Rules:

1) Be excellent to each other. No one likes a jerk. Don't be a jerk in this thread. No fighting, no put downs, no name calling - or else Reta will beat you with a stick. >:(

2a) The title of the next thread is to be decided by general acceptance before this one caps; try not to overlap with previous ones. Whomever caps the thread should make the new one.

2b) Keep the ToS in mind when deciding on a thread title. This will make it far less likely to be deleted. Also, the title of the thread should always involve food! This is the healer forum and we're weird.

3) Copy and paste these rules and the below list into the first post of the new thread. Add the title of the new thread to the bottom of the list.

Titles of previous OT threads:
Practical's Donuts
Retà's Gumbo Pot
Fleurzilla's Spanish Sammiches
Oldwolfe's Singularity Jello
Kaels' Mac'n'cheese
Pipikaula's Buttered Artichokes
Kerias' Kentucky Fried Chicken
Abeille's Chocolate Truffles
Alnair's Braised Pork Belly
Winnifred's Fried Green Tomatoes
Anarri's Soylent Bread
Röth's Flawless Lasagna
Evayle's Pop Tarts
Sensations' Sensational BBQ
Scootles' Spaghetti
Gumshoe's Samosas
Malrius' Marvelous Stromboli
Akaeya's Fruit Cocktail
Rain's Evil Crawfish Boil
Zzar's Fabulous Falafel
Morenn's Ginger Beef Curry
Anohako's Red Beans and Rice
Marathel's Brazilian Pastries
Veroicone's Macaroni Icecream
Glenn's Backyard Barbeque
Jumpies' Jumpy Jumping Beans
Harpoa's Haggis
Ffraid's Fabulous Souffle
Shammyren's Stupendous Stew
Stormtides' Satisfying Casserole
Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons
Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches

This is our home, let's keep it nice!

Healer IRC: http://outofmana.me/healchat/
Healer offshore forums: http://outofmana.me/forum/index.php

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Edited by Røth on 10/2/2012 9:38 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
10/02/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Sensations
So about how much hps is everyone doing on average in Mogu'shan Vaults? I'm doing about 56k hps, and my mana is rather tight...

On Gara'jal I did 46k hps(Damage seemed really low)
On feng, I sustained 54k.
On Stone Guard(The only one we 3 healed) 45k.

My mana felt very well.

What is y'alls average dps?
90 Orc Shaman
HC

On Gara'jal I did 46k hps(Damage seemed really low)
On feng, I sustained 54k.
On Stone Guard(The only one we 3 healed) 45k.

My mana felt very well.

What is y'alls average dps?

On feng average was ~50kish. Some higher some lower.
Edited by Sensations on 10/2/2012 9:29 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tried 9 manning Stone Guard because not enough people showed up. It seemed doable, just need another person.

HPS requirement seemed rather high, Shaman and myself averaged 60k per pull, Druid came in a little less around 50k.
90 Tauren Druid
If this is the case, then how did the Big Bang come to be, assuming that it originated from a singularity? Or does it assume that it was raw energy that was converted to actual things with mass after it was spread enough to no longer create an instant supermassive black hole?

Edit: Would the energy released by converging anti-matter and matter be enough to break the gravity of the first few seconds of the Big Bang and actually propel things outwards?

The Big Bang was believed to be formed form a Quantum Singularity, not a normal Singularity. Generally the difference is profound: You, Roth, are a Singularity, you generate energy and can manipulate the space and time around you; the Earth is a Singularity; Sol, our sun, is a Singularity; even the black hole in the center of the galaxy, an object 4 million times the mass of Sol, is just a Singularity.

Quantum singularities don't simply generate energy and manipulate space and time around them: they Create it. Now these objects are very strange, they both seem to Make laws of physics, as well as completely bypass the observed ones.

At one time a Quantum Singularity was believed to be in the center of Quasars, and that the massive energy they are releasing is the Excess energy left over after these objects create space(but not time) around them. We now know this to be untrue, the energy released by a Quasar indicates that if it is caused by a Quantum Singularity, the energy margins are Extremely finite, and the excess leaves not only a billionth of a billionth of a percent of the actual energy needed to create space; hence this would mean even the most Marginal of fluctuations would collapse the reaction; but instead these objects can persist for hundreds of millions of years, discounting their likelihood of being quantum singularities.

In the big bang, the Quantum Singularity utilized the massive amounts of contained energy to begin generating Space(not matter, that came WAAAAY later), and in a faction of a nanosecond, it expanded from smaller than an electron, to larger than the largest and most massive stars. Gravity didn't exist yet because Matter did not exist yet(let alone Antimatter), hence its expansion was explosive on a scale we cannot even theorize.

A good example is a single Electron outside of our solar system, then in the blink of an eye it expands to larger than the solar system, then in another blink, larger than the Galaxy; and so on. In such a short time, its expansion was near infinite; and the excess energy from this initial expansion is what we see as the afterglow.

It would only be after the universe had expanded to billions of light years(which would have taken fractions of a minute) did this process end. At that point, the disparate types of energy in the universe began to coalesce into the two electric and magnetic forces we know: Positive and Negative. First just random radiation, then eventually forming into atoms; Hydrogen atoms to be specific; while Hydrogen was being created, Protons were impacting Antiprotons(which is simply a difference in Charge) and Electrons were impacting Positrons(again, a difference in Charge); the energy released by the interactions created density waves, these density waves spurned more and more matter-antimatter reactions, until there was a storm of swirling particles that could not destroy each other: Matter. From there, Gravity and Magnetism did their work, and Hydrogen was formed.

The Density waves remained however, and in time they clumped this primordial hydrogen together, which then acted under its own gravity to form Super Stars(also known as "Adam and Eve Stars"); these stars were thousands, maybe even Hundreds of Thousands of solar masses; and as such, they likely lived for a few tens of thousands, maybe a million(tops), years before going supernova in a Massive way: they created Hyper Novas so intense that the nova itself continued for several Billion years(the theory of how Quasars formed....and Super Massive Black Holes). The ejecta from the Hyper Nova then formed into its own stars, which quickly were re-absorbed by the intense gravity, and only those that formed far enough away from the black hole at the center managed to stabilize.

In the time of the Super Stars, likely Trillions formed, all capable of being thousands of solar masses in size; and all capable of going Hyper Nova. Eventually clusters of these exploded Super Stars came together and formed the first Galaxies, which then merged with(So, if you are with me so far, that is the History of the Universe as we know it.....also, the color of today is: Blue) each other to from modern galaxies. In essence, all galaxies are the product of many smaller galaxies coming together and creating more density waves, which make more stars; more stars means more planets, and in this tiny little suburb of the Milky Way: Earth formed.

And Roth...... >.<
90 Tauren Druid
You are making me feel like a Physics professor.....

/bonk's with textbook "Pay attention!"
90 Tauren Druid
Also, Roth, if you want to make your teachers feel stupid:
Ask them how old the Universe is.
Show them this picture: http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2003/02/11/11feb_map_resources/portrait1.jpg
Tell them they are looking at Gamma Rays 13.4 Billion Light years away.
Ask them how fast Gamma Rays travel.
Then, then because the answer is the speed of light, ask them how we can see something 13.4 billion light years away, when said image is generated by something moving at the speed of light, and hence is 13.4 Billion years old.
Finally ask them how did something, moving a the speed of light, travel 13.4 billion light years, then, at the same speed, travel 13.4 billion light years Backwards in the same direction?

Its a real head scratcher for most people out there....and it is fun to see someone squirm with it. ;)
90 Night Elf Priest
check out this mog guys. I mean, aside from the tabard.

How's Mogu'shan Vaults? Fun, hard?
90 Tauren Druid
You either get two answers with that one.

One you don't understand

or

One that you can't understand.

I think the second one often has deeper meaning.

90% of they time they simply don't understand the basic logic of it; it is Exceedingly simple, and yet just as elusive.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't understand the question, Marathel. What inks?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Can you trade Ink of Dreams for Starlight Ink yet? The 10:1?

They said they were going to give time and it's been a week already. I checked where I knew places but it was still Blackfallow.

not as far as I can tell.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Anyone else loving how halo + fade = instant bandaid pull?

Then after you fade you power infuse, gs the tank and crank out a hymn.

Then everyone says "OMG nice heals!"

when you knew all along that the entire instance would show up.

Still have yet to raid. Waiting for everyone to level up and gear up.
90 Pandaren Shaman
New fights are fun. Was funny to look at wowprogress last night. Will get vaults cleared tonight hopefully.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wanted to see if anyone two healed the first 3 bosses yesterday? SG would be difficult but think the next two could have been. Not that it really matters much as we start our 25 man next week and are just messing around with 10 until everyone is geared up.

We three healed with a paladin, disc, and myself.

Also shaman mastery on the 3rd boss is lulz.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
10/03/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Harpoa
Wanted to see if anyone two healed the first 3 bosses yesterday? SG would be difficult but think the next two could have been. Not that it really matters much as we start our 25 man next week and are just messing around with 10 until everyone is geared up.

Sensations and I two healed it. We were pretty much tied in healing except with Feng because Healing Rain is off the wall when you actually use it.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]