Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Healer OT)

90 Draenei Shaman
Honestly, everything is just so much easier than stone guard. Stone guard took us almost 2 full nights of wipes before we got it down. Feng we got to 40% on the first pull without fully understanding mechanics. (like using barrier for epicenter) And got him down the following night.

Also Gara'jal is so much fun. I really love the totems and adjusting on the fly because of vodoo dolls :D
90 Draenei Shaman
We only got...14 attempts in tonight. Mainly because we kept having to have people log in and out because they couldn't interact with things - the crystals, the boss, feasts, soulwell, etc.

You know, we were having the same issue with not all of our raid being able to eat feasts. Really frustrating because of how difficult or expensive it is for feasts right now >:(
Edited by Dailee on 10/7/2012 6:37 AM PDT
I can't wait for the theorycrafting threads to start up soon as people get into raiding. I really loved reading them in cata (Especially the holy paladin ones where there'd be pallys arguing about stat weights for pages).

On another note, I am trying to level up fishing on this monk and it's not going well. URGH, I wish blizz put a 1-525 fishing in like they did with cooking. :/
90 Tauren Druid
10/07/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Craftyfox
On another note, I am trying to level up fishing on this monk and it's not going well. URGH, I wish blizz put a 1-525 fishing in like they did with cooking. :/

Darkmoon Faire = Fishing win. You get the 5 free skill points for doing the monthly, and if you park near a pool spawn point, the crates now drop Mists mats, including the occasional trillium ore. I believe the open water fishing there is still level 30, so you don't have to be maxed to catch non-junk.

And for something completely different, is anyone using Windsong on their weapon? I read that it was completely broken for HoT/DoT classes, so went with Power Torrent because I had an old scroll for that lurking in my enchanter's bank. For those for whom it is working, what secondary does it typically give? Spirit? Haste? Something completely random each time?

Finally had a decent run of dungeons last night and got some decent gear. I was healing the whole time, and was mostly lucky in group comps (lots of hunters and warriors, few mages and warlocks). Did lose one healing piece to a pally tank who I assume took it for off-spec, but oh wells, thems the breaks.
90 Blood Elf Priest
For those for whom it is working, what secondary does it typically give? Spirit? Haste? Something completely random each time?

It's completely random, but it has no ICD so you can have all three up at once.
90 Troll Druid
So.

When the healing DMF trinket procs, it makes all your spells go a blinding white (think the first part of Well of Eternity, except white instead of translucent).

When a Monk uses SCK with it procced, s/he turns into a pure white UFO.

And when I use LoD...

http://i.imgur.com/Txy5g.jpg

From flash light to UFO beam!

I almost have that trinket :3 Just need ONE more card :(
90 Tauren Druid
10/07/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Nerfheals
For those for whom it is working, what secondary does it typically give? Spirit? Haste? Something completely random each time?

It's completely random, but it has no ICD so you can have all three up at once.

Ah. Thanks. I hope they fix it for my class soon, but too bad it doesn't include Spirit as a secondary.

And for all you resto druids/filthy mistweaver loot-table-stealing monks out there, Temple of the Jade Spirit Leather Drops for the win! I swear, the three times I have run that dungeon (2 normals, one heroic), every boss dropped Int/Spi leather. Is there even anything else on their loot tables?
Darkmoon Fishing, omg. How did I forget that?!? And cooking too! I can get those last few skill ups without having to make expensive feasts >.>

Anyways, I have horrible luck in Shado-Pan. I've been queuing up for it for a chance at the 463 wrists, but I've never seem them drop yet! I can't really complain about it too much though because the rest of my gear is really good for where I'm at. I just finished farming spirits of harmony with my LW friend and got both of the crafted pieces!

THe heroic leather boots were on the BMAH yesterday... spirit, haste, a socket... They were amazing. I bid 56k, thinking it was a decent amount. I came back 4 hours later to see it going for 230k.

T_T' I need to farm more gold.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Dailee
We only got...14 attempts in tonight. Mainly because we kept having to have people log in and out because they couldn't interact with things - the crystals, the boss, feasts, soulwell, etc.

You know, we were having the same issue with not all of our raid being able to eat feasts. Really frustrating because of how difficult or expensive it is for feasts right now >:(

Didn't realize another person from server posted in here. :P Have you all seen elegon yet or just got 4/6 before the night ended?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Darkmoon Fishing, omg. How did I forget that?!? And cooking too! I can get those last few skill ups without having to make expensive feasts >.>

Anyways, I have horrible luck in Shado-Pan. I've been queuing up for it for a chance at the 463 wrists, but I've never seem them drop yet! I can't really complain about it too much though because the rest of my gear is really good for where I'm at. I just finished farming spirits of harmony with my LW friend and got both of the crafted pieces!

THe heroic leather boots were on the BMAH yesterday... spirit, haste, a socket... They were amazing. I bid 56k, thinking it was a decent amount. I came back 4 hours later to see it going for 230k.

T_T' I need to farm more gold.

You have my sympathy. >.> On the off chance that I DO queue for a random, I tend to drop if it's Shado-Pan. Too many groups that just...anything they can find to die in they do.
90 Draenei Shaman
They apparently nerfed shado pan Trash (unless I read the patch notes wrong)

And the shado pan trash was the only thing I hated about Shado Pan pugs.

That and the sha boss.
90 Human Priest
And after reading some of the things people have gone through, I'm glad I didn't get to play at the very start of the expansion.
Learning from others mistakes is infinitely better than learning from my own mistakes.

Aren't we still at the start of the expansion?

Well, yes, true.Though I meant the very start.
And it may not have been long, but boy is there alot of information floating around.
I've been spending the days without home internet just reading when I can.

Trust me, I've been seeing it all.

Ok maybe not all but close enough.

... Okay, okay I've really only been focusing on the healer and rogue forums.

Anyway, my guide needs updating. Someone made a very good suggestion to include when to use certain heals as you level up. So I'll be working on that.
Of course, since the gameplay and spells have changed I'll have to work on that as well *sigh*.

As always, after I've updated the more obvious changes, I'll ask everyone to comment (constructively). And I'm not taking a "I don't want to"!!!
90 Blood Elf Priest
I can't believe servers are still being restarted because of this stupid hacker. Ridiculous.
90 Troll Druid
It's the hacking thing again O_o?
90 Blood Elf Priest
They apparently nerfed shado pan Trash (unless I read the patch notes wrong)

And the shado pan trash was the only thing I hated about Shado Pan pugs.

That and the sha boss.

Which is funny, because that Sha boss was such a joke on the Beta that the first time I did the fight, I didn't realize it WAS a boss fight. I thought he was a trash mini-boss!
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Veroicone

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/reports-entire-cities-dead-on-certain-realms/

/sigh
90 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't heard anything regarding a hacker. I just know that it seems like they've finally fixed the glitch to where our world bosses weren't spawning on my server (and several others) and I'm missing out...which is incredibly disappointing given the lack of time I've been able to devote outside of the weekend to gearing up.

Edit - Thanks for the link :)
Edited by Maharei on 10/7/2012 12:22 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, there are a lot of issues but I feel they would've hotfixed the world bosses in much less time than this. I think their security was genuinely threatened by this guy and they have to be careful. I mean, it's nearly impossible to keep your security ahead of the times, so stuff like this is inevitable...

It's just lame that people do stupid stuff like this and it results in millions of people not being able to even log in.
90 Troll Druid
10/07/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Qùess

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/reports-entire-cities-dead-on-certain-realms/

/sigh

... what the hell
85 Pandaren Monk
Waiting for the login to fix is boring :( First time all week I have had time to pay for more than 30 minutes too......
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]