Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Healer OT)

90 Blood Elf Priest
I officially start raiding next week. I have to learn to Shadow properly, because I'll be be the "and a half" healer. Scary!
90 Blood Elf Priest
DPS..../shudder

I wish there was a way to make raids more interesting without cutting healers. 2 tanks, 3 heals, 5 DPS. Just seems right to me >->
90 Blood Elf Priest
Closest we got to downing anything was an 8% wipe to stoneguards.

/sigh

So I spend all night poring over logs, editing together footage, planning...
no one will care. None of these people look at the log or the videos of us wiping.

Honestly, most don't read or care about parses. Your guild isn't an exception. The only people in mine that know how to read them are our hunter, our resto druid and myself.
90 Tauren Druid
30% nerf to Spinning Crane Kick?

Ouch.

And is it just me, or does the drop rate on the legendary quest items in LFR seem a bit ... high? At this rate, I will be done with it in a month. I don't know anyone who has done the three bosses in LFR and NOT gotten at least one of those items.

Edit: And holy crap, that new BG, Temple of the Kotmogu is fun as a druid! Get the orb, then spend the next 20 minutes in travel form LoSing people. If they do manage to corner you, pop Incarnation and wait for the calvary to come and kill them all.
Edited by Pipikaula on 10/10/2012 8:36 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/10/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Pipikaula
30% nerf to Spinning Crane Kick?

Hopefully it isn't too much, but a nerf to SCK is definitely warranted.

Edit: And holy crap, that new BG, Temple of the Kotmogu is fun as a druid! Get the orb, then spend the next 20 minutes in travel form LoSing people. If they do manage to corner you, pop Incarnation and wait for the calvary to come and kill them all.

Both the new BG's are so fun. I prefer the Mines, just fearbot/Psychic scream people off the node until it's mine. :D
90 Tauren Druid
Haven't tried Mines yet, I just started PvPing on this guy last night, as I have been doing too many other things. But if it is as fun as Temple, I can't wait!

Got my paladin up to 90 last night, and started putting together a holy set for him. I leveled as ret, just because I do not like taking 15 minutes to kill something. He is my enchanter, so I am starting the hellacious rep grind to get him the raiding formulas.

Dear Blizz, if you are going to make me do endless dailies that involve spam-killing groups of crappy mobs (stares at Golden Lotus sternly), give me back Consecrate as ret/holy. NOW!
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/10/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Dear Blizz, if you are going to make me do endless dailies that involve spam-killing groups of crappy mobs (stares at Golden Lotus sternly), give me back Consecrate as ret/holy. NOW!

I hate these dailies so much. Like I put them off until 2am because I don't want to do them.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
I sent up an e-mail to get the priest threads moved to the priest forum because it was cluttering the space here. I dunno why there's been a huge influx of priest threads around, but hopefully this reduces the spam (of it being in the inappropriate forum).

Yeah, it was getting to be way too much. Priests aren't the only Healers.

Practical, I'm gonna pretend it was you who magically got Neth to visit us. So thanks. :P
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Yeah, it was getting to be way too much. Priests aren't the only Healers.

Practical, I'm gonna pretend it was you who magically got Neth to visit us. So thanks. :P

I'll tell you it was me who brought those threads to their attention. That, or it just so happened I gave them the e-mails and they were planning to reply to them anyway. Who knows.
10/10/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Tiriél
I hate these dailies so much. Like I put them off until 2am because I don't want to do them.

I am being very choosy about which set of dailies I am willing to do, so for example, I don't care about Tiller's rep, I just plant vegetables for my buff food. My paladin will only be doing the stuff for the enchanting formulas, but unfortunately those are all Shado-Pan/August Celestials, which will suck dreadfully due to the Golden Lotus gating.

I also believe that the amount of hatred generated by the dailies is directly tied to the class/spec you play. For example, I expect them all to be very easy for a hunter, just talent into Thrill of the Hunt, and spam Multi-shot/Arcane shot, and you will be done in 10 minutes. Ditto for DKs. My druid isn't too bad, but my paladin will be a lot less fun, and I would imagine it is a nightmare on a Disc priest. A lot of the ease in these dailies is directly tied to how decent your AoE is.

Single-targeting crappy ghost mobs because you do not have enough HoPo for Divine Something and you are waiting 3 seconds for Holy The-Other-Thing to come back up just plain bites.

WTB Consecrate. Even if it doesn't kill them, it knocks them down enough that a single Divine Something or Holy The-Other-Thing will.
How I do dailies as a Mistweaver.

Grab 4-5 mobs at a time. Spam Spinning Crane Kick on them. When I'm at 25% health, I use Rushing Jade Wind which hits everything for a truckload and brings me up to full because of eminence healing. Spam Crinning Spane Kick some more until they're dead. If I get low on health again, I use leg sweep to stun everything for 5 seconds and then cast soothing mist on myself with enveloping mist.

If I need to fight a single target like a really big mob or something for a quest, i save touch of death for them.

I still hate doing dailies though... Can't wait to know that in a few weeks I'll be done with them.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As my gear gets better, Ret gets better...but it's painful.

Oh so painful. I don't like waiting for 2-3 seconds to push anything at all, because I didn't get an Exorcism proc. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I think Ret would be better if Inquisition didn't cost HP to activate, and maintain.

Perhaps they could change it so a 5 stack of Censure activates (and maintains) it as long as you have a 5 stack on something.

Riôt
90 Pandaren Priest
Has anyone been able to confirm the 25% increases to PoH or PoM? I'm trying to look through logs from last night and am unable to tell.

@Practical: I was wondering how that thread got into the Priest forums. :P

Edit: read further in Neth's posts, hopefully it comes before my raid tonight o.o
Edited by Kerias on 10/10/2012 10:57 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Sparklefever
You should have barely any to zero empty GCDs as Ret, even if you're not reforged to haste.

Once things get rolling, sure. At the beginning though, if you don't have HoPo stored up previously, you can Judge, Crusader Strike, and if Avenging Wrath is on CD, wait until either Exorcism procs, or something else comes off CD. You then get to make the fun call of using your HoPo early on Inquisition, or just ignore Inquisition in favor of Templar's Verdict in the hope that whatever it is you are smacking will die fast enough to not make a difference. On the mini-boss mobs, it is different, but on your joe-average-level-90 quest mobs, that's how it was for my pally.

Maybe like Riot, I am doing it wrong. :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Sparklefever
You should have barely any to zero empty GCDs as Ret, even if you're not reforged to haste.

Help me, Sparkle - I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.

Daily mob:

Exorcism as I run in
CS
Judge
Inquisition
CS
Judge
X - what goes here? This is the Exo proc that I'm referring to, otherwise I'm waiting for CS.
CS
TV
Judge
X - again, what goes here?

Please tell I've missed some ability in the 30-odd times I've looked through my spellbook. On a related note;

I don't - use AW on standard mobs. Perhaps this is my problem?

I do - try to carry Inquisition from mob to mob, instead of starting from scratch on each one.

Thanks for any help from anyone.

Riôt
90 Tauren Druid
Keep in mind we can't currently get Sigils of Wisdom, pretty sure they're just off Heart of Fear, so it doesn't matter if you get 10 Sigils already - you can't do anything with them.

In any case you can only ever socket the legendary gem in the sockets from weapons from Terrace of Endless Spring, so no one will be able to use them anyway.

Good point. I was just hoping that the legendary quest would feel a little more, I don't know, legendary? Getting a 50% drop rate on the first stage just made it feel a bit trivial. And if you can get the Sigils of Wisdom and weapons from the LFR versions of those bosses, it will make the whole thing feel trivial.

I guess I am just comparing them to the previous legendaries and feeling somewhat let-down. I liked the change they made to the newest version of the Time-Lost Proto (Alani), and was hoping for something that felt a bit more like an accomplishment with this, too. Mind you, I do think the more casual players should have the chance at a legendary something, but not the feeling that it is an automatic reward just for playing the game.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]