Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Healer OT)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Well we attempted stone guardians tonight. We wiped an hour or so and our holy paladin had to go afk...so we called it. (10 man)

Very disappointing. I thought my healing was okay. I was OoM a bunch, but I always am so I assume it's just me not being very good. I was on par with our pally and above our shaman.

I Frapsed most of our wipes. If anyone wants to take a peak and tell me where I went wrong feel free.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Don't be so hard on yourself, Winni. All our Healers OOm'd a couple times tonight, we're still in the learning phase.

I got my spirit OVER 9000. I'm feeling a little more comfortable, but my throughput feels bleh. World of Logs didn't upload anything except one wipe where I died, so lol. I can't even tell how I performed. :/

I have more out of combat regen than spellpower. >_>
Edited by Qùess on 10/3/2012 10:59 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
We spent the night wiping to Stone Guard.

It's amazing how difficult that fight is when one of your DPS (our hunter) keeps DC'ing 5 seconds into the fight, but his body is still there...so he's still getting chained to people.

Yeah.
SOoooooooooooo am i the only priest that got benched in favour of a second Rsham, Ours was doing 190+ on the aoe phases of feng
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't get to wipe on Stone Guard 'till later today :(
90 Tauren Death Knight
Well... that's normals done! Only took 7 hours of raiding. Not bad, I think.
80 Tauren Death Knight
10/04/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Xaar

grats, I probably won't see T14 content until it's nerfed or i manage to level up a new main, I got perma benched as a disc priest.
90 Tauren Death Knight

grats, I probably won't see T14 content until it's nerfed or i manage to level up a new main, I got perma benched as a disc priest.

That sucks. Disc priest (even in it's current state) will probably be required for our hardmodes, seeing as we don't have a paladin healer anymore (used to be me, but alas...). I don't get the bad rap about Disc at the moment - while difficult currently, our priest coped pretty well despite being 445 ilvl (before her singular raid upgrade). She was only sat for a couple of fights purely because of gear and the fact she's a trial at the moment.

Disc aint getting no love from anybody though, it seems :(
Edited by Xaar on 10/4/2012 6:10 AM PDT
80 Tauren Death Knight
10/04/2012 06:09 AMPosted by Xaar

That sucks. Disc priest (even in it's current state) will probably be required for our hardmodes, seeing as we don't have a paladin healer anymore (used to be me, but alas...). I don't get the bad rap about Disc at the moment - while difficult currently, our priest coped pretty well despite being 445 ilvl (before her singular raid upgrade). She was only sat for a couple of fights purely because of gear and the fact she's a trial at the moment.

Disc aint getting no love from anybody though, it seems :(

Uhm, Because it sucks in comparison to everything else, that's why it's hated on so much, In the top 100 ranks of healers for the first four bosses, There is only ONE disc priest and that was for only ONE fight, And about 3 HOLY priests, The rest on average are So far ahead of priests it's not funny.

To put it bluntly, if you aren't beating the priest in the raid you are doing it wrong - My raid leader.
90 Tauren Death Knight
I don't think that's fair. Our holy priest is beast!
90 Blood Elf Priest
Had an excellent raid last night, the raid got Feng mechanics down and we ended up stunning epicenters between barrier CDs. I think I was doing quite well, but when !@#$ hits the fan there's just no way I can keep up with the healing output of our resto shaman.

I find Gara'jal fun for the most part, <3 spirit realm except when I get terrible RNG with multiple voodoos. I suspect we'll be downing him tonight and working on the 4th as well, then switching to 25's next week.

I've hardly had any time to work on my gear this week, need more spirit, need to do sha, need to do dailies, Ahhh!
Edited by Maharei on 10/4/2012 6:52 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Maharei
I've hardly had any time to work on my gear this week, need more spirit, need to do sha, need to do dailies, Ahhh!

I hear you on that. I was on vacation and then started raiding tuesday night so i haven't got anything done besides what i had to. Figure i will go back in a couple of weeks and start working on reps just for reps sake. Most of the gear will be meaningless by then anyway.

Once you get Gara down the Spirit king is a loot pinata. Took us like 4 attempts.

http://youtu.be/dvsM5GQq-I0
90 Pandaren Shaman
Only made it through Feng and Stone Guard last night. I wish WOL was working so I could see how I did. Our paladin barely beat me on the Stone Guard fight. I think if our holy priest had better gear things would have gone smoother; he was only at 450 ilvl last night. I wish I didn't have to yell at our DPS for not moving or getting out of stuff properly, but c'est la vie. Tonight I think we are running with a resto druid though instead of the holy priest.

I like that these fights are much harder than anything in Dragon Soul. It's a nice change of pace.
100 Tauren Druid
My guild has only 3 or 4 people at max level with any sort of gear, so it is unlikely we will be raiding any time in the next month. However, our server is small enough with a good community, so a couple of other guilds in the same situation are thinking about putting together a group with the people who are geared and interested in seeing the fights. Several of us have raided together at the end of DS, when we were trying for stupid achievements and such. We are giving ourselves until next weekend (not this one, the one after) to get geared up and watch fight videos. Although we have run things togethers, it will still be basically a pug, so we have very few expectations in terms of progression. It is mostly something to do other than have gear fail to drop in dungeons. If we get Stone Guard down, I will consider that a huge win.

With that said, for those of you who have seen the fights already, I know we will need 2 tanks, but any recommendations on healers? I am hoping to have this toon geared up by then, and may have a strong holy pally and a decent holy priest available.

If it is a healing fight, I will definitely go resto, but if it is a DPS race, I can easily go boomy (although my DPS is ... not great). Yay for a yak for reforging!
90 Pandaren Shaman
You can get away with 3 healers for the first 4 bosses but Gara is a bit of a dps check. Pretty sure Elegon has to be a two heal fight due to mechanics. We put in about 15 pulls on him last night. It is a great fight visually and mechanically.
100 Tauren Druid
10/04/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Harpoa
You can get away with 3 healers for the first 4 bosses but Gara is a bit of a dps check. Pretty sure Elegon has to be a two heal fight due to mechanics. We put in about 15 pulls on him last night. It is a great fight visually and mechanically.

Good to know. Thanks!
I wish half of my raid wouldn't d/c upon zoning into the raid. The queue times on my server can get up to 1200 during raid night, so sometimes we're waiting for 2-3 people to log in (and these people log in like an hour before the raid starts).

I definitely need another spirit trinket though, this egg isn't cutting it... I can't use my dragonling trinket either since my eng helm is using the spirit cogwheel. Back to farming heroics!
90 Blood Elf Priest
Been cleaning out stuff from my attic.
Ever been this tired?
I need to wash dishes. I need a shower. Should I try to combine these activities?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dear spouse expressed puzzlement over lack of clean dishes and basket of clean clothes sitting in kitchen floor for a week.

My response?
"Darling of my heart, we have been together over a decade now. You have heard all my excuses. Pick the one you like best and go with that."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]