When are priests supposed to get bad?

90 Human Priest
All I keep hearing is how terrible priests are. I havent had a single problem in any Heroic I have done and a lot of LFD tanks have said I have been the best healer they have had all day. Do I have to drink every now and then? Sure but that takes all of 5 seconds...Oh no thats gonna make us take forever. Are there just a lot of bad priests or something?
Reply Quote
74 Draenei Priest
No. But there are alot of impatient people.

Recently, I did a dungeon. I ran the entire dungeon at 5% mana because the tank didn't want or care to wait. We only died once because he pulled too much or maybe he was trying to get me killed, since I was the only one that didn't have heirlooms. But w/e, alot of impatient ppl, especially during the start of an expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/02/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Tifaniä
All I keep hearing is how terrible priests are. I havent had a single problem in any Heroic I have done and a lot of LFD tanks have said I have been the best healer they have had all day. Do I have to drink every now and then? Sure but that takes all of 5 seconds...Oh no thats gonna make us take forever. Are there just a lot of bad priests or something?

A lot of players do not understand the concept of power drinking and using Mindbender on cooldown on trash. Heck, most players complaining about mana are using FDCL and most likely have piss poor mana management.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
>posting about 5 mans
>claims disc is alright

lol
Edited by Skramz on 10/3/2012 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
>posting about 5 mans
>claims disc is alright

lol

Raids just opened yesterday are you actually going to say they are bad going on 1 day of raiding?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
>posting about 5 mans
>claims disc is alright

lol

Raids just opened yesterday are you actually going to say they are bad going on 1 day of raiding?

We have thousands and thousands of logs to look at from that "one day of raiding", so yes it's a good measuring tool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I don't see him saying priests were bad, I see YOU saying priests are fine from doing faceroll heroics.

You're the one making the assumptions.

If I wasnt lazy I could find quite a few posts talking about how bad priests were. I simply asked when they supposedly started getting bad. Also dont act like he wasnt implying priests were bad. He might not have said it directly but he pretty much said priests arent fine.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior

I don't see him saying priests were bad, I see YOU saying priests are fine from doing faceroll heroics.

If I wasnt lazy I could find quite a few posts talking about how bad priests were. I simply asked when they supposedly started getting bad. Also dont act like he wasnt implying priests were bad. He might not have said it directly but he pretty much said priests arent fine.

He said disc priests aren't fine, which they aren't.

Do some organized raids THEN come back here and post.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Read with your brain, not your eyes; it's obvious the implication was that he only thinks Disc is alright because he's only doing 5-mans, and why would he make this implication if Disc was actually alright?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/02/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Tifaniä

Priest were behind during TOC hard-modes, yes all the way back in Toc. Since then, i don't think it's has ever happen again. but for some reason(s) when ever a new content is out, Priest will cry all the way to Blizz. Forgetting that when it gets to the period where content matters Priest are always there. NO one has ever benched a priest in hard-modes where as revered classes like druid have sat out some progression.

Point is it's a priest thing. We just like to whine.
Edited by Delson on 10/3/2012 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
WTB mana in raids to actually heal with. Maybe once im not ooming in a matter of minutes we can see where Priest throughput is.
Reply Quote
Heroics are easy. And unless the group takes tons of damage suddenly, its not hard to keep your mana up with proper CD use.
Raids is where all the complaints are going to ATM, but I feel like waiting for more then a week to see where priests are sitting at.
Edited by Trollinhobo on 10/3/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This has been a problem since beta in raids.

NO healers are having any issues in heroic 5 mans. If they are they are either improperly geared, or need to learn how to work with their class better.

Raids are a completely different story, it has been very hard on priests of both specs, disc a bit more-so for the entirety of the beta, and now it has carried over to live.

There are a good half dozen or more threads in the beta classes forum speaking to this, with many good minds putting out mathematical evidence and logs as well.

The only priests that had ZERO issues in beta raid healing were those who cheated by abusing the fact that all gear was scaled to a certain ilvl, and wore their t12 2-piece bonus for some stupidly high regen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tif I've found that we're not "bad" were just being blown out of the water in raids. That's really where we're falling off, incredibly high mana costs for low- medium hitting heals has killed our throughput. The new spells that we have are amazing in theory, putting them into pratice on the other hand is something totally different, in order to get any sort of substantial Spirit Shell on multiple people we have to blow half off our mana pools, and I've found that's with popping PI. So its raids we get "bad"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]