Mogu'shan Vaults Guild Run

90 Pandaren Rogue
So tonight our guild went and in and killed Stone Guard and Feng on 10 man, full guild run, when the night was ended, realized our ranking on wow progress was off, so looked at it for a while, and realize both in game (the achievement), world of logs, wow progress, and guild ox are reading that we DID NOT kill stone guard as a guild but we did indeed kill Feng as a guild.

So doesn't really make sense? This happen to anyone else?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's 10 man, not like it matters.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/03/2012 01:59 AMPosted by Mannekyn
It's 10 man, not like it matters.

lul like 25's are any harder.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Anyone who plays in a 25 man guild will tell you that 10 mans are a joke, we don't even consider you actual raid guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/03/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Mannekyn
Anyone who plays in a 25 man guild will tell you that 10 mans are a joke, we don't even consider you actual raid guilds.

>talks mad trash
>hasn't killed a heroic boss in 2 tiers

GL
Reply Quote
46 Draenei Paladin
So paragon is a joke then?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Fyi were a 25 man guild, we did 10 man due to a couple core players having irl issues so werent able to be ready.

This isnt a dispute about 10vs25
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 03:05 AMPosted by Sweetbro

>talks mad trash
>hasn't killed a heroic boss in 2 tiers

GL

He hasn't killed anything on heroic while it was relevant because 25 man is that much harder.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10 are not a joke. Its just there is 10 people who can play vs 25 ppl were 20-23 ppl carry the rest
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/03/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Versuvian

Since you are talking trash because the guy hasnt killed anything heroic in the last 2 tier, I will support him.

10 Mans are a joke, 3 guardians instead of 4 ? and Ive heard many guilds who just had no idea in 10man that there was an order in which that had to explode, they just popped coldowns to resist the damage..

Its just sad that you are delusional enough to think your our match.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Narph
10 Mans are a joke, 3 guardians instead of 4 ?

as someone who raids 25 man, it would be a much tighter constraint for 10 mans to have 4 guardians simply because with 4 you have to have two on one tank and one on two other tanks. that would require 10 mans to have 3 tanking classes, they only have 10 players total and it is less likely that a guild of that size would have 3 players with tanking offspecs. less likely, but not totally out of the question, of course. also, that would mean if you are two healing they would have to tune the dps requirement to MINIMUM 2 heal 3 tank that leaves only 5 dps, assuming you two heal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
10/03/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Narph

Since you are talking trash because the guy hasnt killed anything heroic in the last 2 tier, I will support him.

10 Mans are a joke, 3 guardians instead of 4 ? and Ive heard many guilds who just had no idea in 10man that there was an order in which that had to explode, they just popped coldowns to resist the damage..

Its just sad that you are delusional enough to think your our match.

lol? I raid 10s and 25s and I can tell you both have their issues. You're however arguing "Mechanics" in the 10v25 debate. 25s have a minimum of double the healers, and usually 3-4 times the amount of DPS. The loot-per-person ratio is also 25% higher than it is in 10s.

25s main issue is you rely on all 25 people being competent. Blame is placed on the fights being "more difficult" but if you see a 25 man guild where every DPS is within 1% of each other, and the guilds down to 3/4 healing 6/7 healer fights, you'll see it's obvious you're having issues due to your players: Not the fight being harder.

10s issue varies: Most people turn into 10 mans because fielding 25 reliable people is a PITA. "Back-Up Raiders" don't typically work due to them wanting gear, so they either find a new guild, or when you finally DO need them, their gear is out of place, and they don't know the fight well enough. In 10s it's also essential each of the 2/3 healers are good, and the DPS must be able to hit their threshold. Tanks also need to know how to do damage while controlling the fight: not just "holding threat".

Currently there is 2 fights in which it's extremely overtuned, but doable, for 10 mans, and Stone Guards is more difficult in 25. I say "More Difficult" because you need all of your people to pay attention.

My personal opinion: I prefer 10 mans because I prefer feeling as if it's just one "clique" compared to 3-4 different cliques in a 25. Oh, and because I find 10s much more interesting/challenging. Our 25 man guild on my paladin was face-roll. We had 5 amazing healers, and the content was just absolute face-roll from day one.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yes 3 vs 4 in a ten man but we only have 3 healers. What most guilds ran 6-8 on 25 man because it made it so much easier. and how many raid cooldowns you have in a 25 man. So dont compare apples and oranges.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I wouldn't worry about normal mode rankings in week 1. They are generally irrelevant and not indicative of what will happen next week in hardmodes. I wonder why WoW progress even posts them, they have to know this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10 mans:
-Require less administrative work than 25s
-Are slightly less complex
-Require more individual contribution

25 mans:
-Require more administrative work than 10s
-Are slightly more complex (usually in the form of the ability to take 3 tanks rather than 2)
-Require less individual contribution
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/03/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Mannekyn

I was raiding 25 man raids before you were even out of high school. Still wet behind the ears.

Been there, done that champ. And guess what, a majority of 10 man raiders have done it.

Talk to me when you're running that 25 man guild of yours. Until then, you're just a body on a roster and a troll on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Been there, done that champ. And guess what, a majority of 10 man raiders have done it.

Why do so many 25man trolls act like all the 10man raiders are new players that magically spawned at the same time as all the players quit 25s.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I was raiding 25 man raids before you were even out of high school. Still wet behind the ears.

Talk to me when you're running that 25 man guild of yours. Until then, you're just a body on a roster and a troll on the forums.

I will say what he said, and I am running the guild, 10man are a joke; just to throw an example, how easy is it to not deal with the chains if the Jasper Guard was not there ? are not purple puddles ? Gosh, how can you even argue against the simplicity of your mode.

The simplicity of it is killing our mode.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Narph
how easy is it to not deal with the chains if the Jasper Guard was not there

you know you break chains when they barely do damage, ie: when jasper is petrifying, right? the only real difference is that 10 mans have WAY more room to spread out.

if you're going to argue 25 man points, at least start with picking ones that matter. on the first two bosses the only issue is room to spread out.
Edited by Tsilyi on 10/3/2012 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]