Path of frost bugs...

90 Night Elf Death Knight
This spell drives me crazy with how buggy it is.

- Randomly falling through the water with it up (especially common while backpedaling) - sometimes just for changing the direction you face!
- Being unable to jump from being in water to standing on water, while mounted
- Sometimes, the same thing as previous, but while not mounted as well!
Edited by Aristeia on 10/3/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
YES!
Happens to me ALL THE TIME!
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
Its not a bug, when you look down you fall through, keep your camera pointed straight.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Mightylink
Its not a bug, when you look down you fall through, keep your camera pointed straight.

It's "not a bug" that you fall through without pressing a movement key, just changing where your character is facing?

It's "not a bug" that sometimes (or always, if mounted) you can't jump back on to the top of the water once you're in it?
Edited by Aristeia on 10/3/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Something definitely changed, whether it's a bug or not. I've never had this much trouble staying on top of the water before.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/03/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Aristeia
Being unable to jump from being in water to standing on water, while mounted
I hate this so much. It's been going on for a very long time too. Although I do believe it was fixed for a few weeks at one point.
Reply Quote
33 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah sure the skill is that much important that we should all flip out over it?
NO
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Yeah sure the skill is that much important that we should all flip out over it?
NO
It's not working as intended. And no one is "flipping out."
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
about the not being able to stand while mounted, the whole of your mount must be able to leave the water completely. this makes it impossible to get on top with anything larger than most bear mounts for me as a human, try some smaller mounts when this happens. if you are using smaller ones though, then it is bugged and pretty much negates what i just said lol
Reply Quote
This spell drives me crazy with how buggy it is.

- Randomly falling through the water with it up (especially common while backpedaling) - sometimes just for changing the direction you face!
- Being unable to jump from being in water to standing on water, while mounted
- Sometimes, the same thing as previous, but while not mounted as well!

I have noticed this as well. Like some other people have noted larger mounts seem to have a bigger problem getting out of the water. even with smaller mounts it is still an issue though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
this was happening with "surface trot" on my hunter as well.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Definitely had problems jumping out of the water while mounted, super annoying.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Yeah it's driving me mad as well. While not mounted, I jump and jump and jump, but can't stay on top of the water. When I am able to stay on top, I drop whenever I catch a fish while fishing. I have the same mounted problems as well. I use the Obsidium Nightwing mount and it's pretty small.

On a side note, I have the glyph on my Warlock that enables me to walk on water while riding my class mount and it has the same problem, as well as when you soulburn water breathing it gives you the ability to walk on water and that isn't working right either. Sometimes he is even walking waist deep in deep water and can never seem to get on top of it.

I have always known how to submerge when I am buffed with water walking so it's not that I'm accidentally submerging.
Edited by Gotcha on 10/16/2012 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Being unable to jump from being in water to standing on water, while mounted
I hate this so much. It's been going on for a very long time too. Although I do believe it was fixed for a few weeks at one point.
I've noticed this also. I think it's because your mounted feet's "hitbox" or whatever you want to call it (where your feet and the water surface should make collision) is taller and you can't jump high enough out of the water for your feet to reach up to the water's surface.

I've had to dismount, jump up on the water and remount.
Edited by Pushßutton on 10/16/2012 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have literally had zero problems with this spell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It appears to be all waterwalk skills, have noticed this problem during the brew scenario that grants waterwalking aswell, camera is not pointing down aswell.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/04/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Rocketkick
Definitely had problems jumping out of the water while mounted, super annoying.

Some mounts are too big and are unable. That is working as intended.

10/03/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Mightylink

^ This. Point your camera up. Fixed. If they change this then you will never be able to go underwater while PoF is up unless you cancel it. Which is fine for DKs, but not people in groups with retarded DKs who won't turn it off. You can't opt out of it.

Stop being idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

^ This. Point your camera up. Fixed. If they change this then you will never be able to go underwater while PoF is up unless you cancel it. Which is fine for DKs, but not people in groups with retarded DKs who won't turn it off. You can't opt out of it.

Stop being idiots.

No, not fixed.
I've done this before on a horse, stared straight up (I was testing if it was actually the camera). Still I'd randomly fall through the water when I just turned. The bug exists.
Hell, sometimes I am not even moving and I'll just randomly fall into the water and PoF is still up.
Edited by Mighella on 10/17/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
No, not fixed.
I've done this before on a horse, stared straight up (I was testing if it was actually the camera). Still I'd randomly fall through the water when I just turned. The bug exists.
Hell, sometimes I am not even moving and I'll just randomly fall into the water and PoF is still up.

I've honestly NEVER encountered this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
It's your camera, if it's pointed downward too much when you hit a movement key the game assumes you want to dive under the water because, well...you hys told it to go down.

I tend to have my camera pointing downward a lot and I think it's a little sensitive on the camera angle, TBH, but I've adjusted. It's not too hard to just adjust the camera and jump.

As a tip, if you're fishing etc, left click to move the camera, not right click. Left click will move the camera only right click tells the game "orient my character so he moves in that direction"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]