WTB RESTO Stat Priority Opinions...

90 Troll Shaman
Right now I'm hearing Int>Spir>Haste (soft cap)>Mastery>Crit

Is that on target??
Reply Quote
BUMP

Come out Theorycrafters. Bring us your great healy justice.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I hear it as Int>Spir>haste (softcap)> Mastery (50%)> crit>haste
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/03/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Thoriv
I hear it as Int>Spir>haste (softcap)> Mastery (50%)> crit>haste

Generally this. After getting the Haste to the soft cap (not too hard to get to Haste Rating 3041 for non-Goblins, 2589 for Goblins with the gear of today), stack Mastery over Crit over any additional Haste.
Reply Quote
Spirit>mastery>crit like some have said. Since crit rating is so low at the moment im going to try to stay away from it as possible. Pretty much enough spirit for s fight and straight into mastery. That is untill the raid is geared enough and not taking too much damage will switch to haste. But untill then spirit and mastrry seems to be the idea.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Intellect > Spirit >Haste (jump to 3764 (raid) for when the gear allows you too or 3327 (raid) for goblins) > Mastery rating (50%) > Crit.

Honestly for Resto Shaman theory crafting you should go to http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_raid_healing_5_04_mop/. Therya is the best in the business and elitistjerks forums for shamans is the best place on the web.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Here's an interesting discussion on mastery vs. crit: http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2965

You can scroll down to the TL;DR if you don't care about the mathy bits. Basically what it comes down to is that for heals that trigger AA (basically single target heals, ex. RT, HW), crit is better than mastery if your targets don't drop below ~40-46% health. For heals that do not trigger AA (basically AoE heals, ex. HR, CH), this threshold is at ~64-66% health. So you have to consider a.) what heals are you likely to be using (10 man shamans may use more single target heals, while 25 man shaman may use more healing rain/chain heal, for example), and b.) how much damage you are going to be taking (if you're just running 5-mans, damage output is pretty low, vs. heroic raids).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Daerv
Haste (jump to 3764 (raid)

does this include the AS 5% haste?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
What I am doing for stats right now is int>spirit>haste(soft cap because more haste=faster you burn through mana and at this stage with last night of raiding I dont have enough regen for haste stack yet)>mastery(50%) reforging my crit
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Intellect > Spirit >Haste (jump to 3764 (raid) for when the gear allows you too or 3327 (raid) for goblins) > Mastery rating (50%) > Crit.

Honestly for Resto Shaman theory crafting you should go to http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_raid_healing_5_04_mop/. Therya is the best in the business and elitistjerks forums for shamans is the best place on the web.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Disclaimer: I don't have hard numbers to share yet, this is purely based on my personal calculations which I'm not yet ready to open up to outside review. (The goal is to get there soon, however).

I'm convinced that people are giving far too much weight to Int, now that it doesn't have much effect on mana. Old habits die hard, I guess.

I've started work on a HEP addon that tracks and calculates the values of SP/Crit/Mastery in relation to each other based on live combat logs and actual gameplay, rather than being confined to "on a spreadsheet, crit is better above XX% and Mastery is better at YY%". I'm still developing and testing it personally, but at the moment I can safely say that my personal priorities right now are :

Spirit > Haste (to breakpoint) > Mastery >> Int > Crit.

I'm currently at the second Haste breakpoint, but I might adjust that tonight to pick up more Mastery instead, as it might not be worth it in current gear yet. Spirit is "to taste", but as far as I'm concerned it's never enough.

Due to the gem changes, however, Crit gems are still better than Int (I'm calculating Int:Crit at about 1:0.8 right now, based on last night's logs)

Again, this is purely MY take on the issue. I'm not trying to prove it to the world right now or opening it up to peer review. That'll come later when I've finished my work, and figured out how to put my numbers into a GUI, since I don't figure a command-line addon will get much attention or use from anyone but myself.

I do currently suspect my Mastery calculations are slightly biased, which I intend to iron out as soon as I get a chance, but even just based on average health levels in the new raid, I am confident it will still remain superior to Int and Crit at the moment.

If you can find a grain of salt, take it with this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
any links for the haste breakpoint?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/03/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Retrosia
any links for the haste breakpoint?
http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_raid_healing_5_04_mop/#Haste
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I got my info from Icy Veins that detailed the caps at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
For Goblins you want Int> Spirit (Up to 9-10k) > Haste (3327) > 50% Mastery > Crit
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/03/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Kalfos
Haste (3327)

Can we get any sort of confirmation on the haste break points, so far in this thread I have 3041,3764,3327 and those are only those in this thread and not the 10s of others I have seen floating around.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ok first of all... yes 3764 or 3327 (goblins) includes AS. This is a HTT/HST breakpoint, 2 spells that sadly make up quite a bit of my early raid healing thus far.

stat priorities:
last night i was gemming with an INT priority over SPIRIT... i went into the raid with like 5.3k spirit... it was not enough.

after raid i went and gemmed SPIRIT (blue gems in blue sockets, green gems in yellows, purple in reds, blues in prismatic) and managed to pick up quite a bit extra. I think early on at least that spirit > int.

haste to 3327 (for me) wasnt bad... i also felt this gave me a nice throughput increase on my cheap spells... a lot more healing waves going out. I was able to comfortably top people off with HW and maintain RT on tanks.

after haste... I've been reforging into CRIT over mastery... heres my reasoning:
1) we get a 3k (rating) mastery buff this xpac that is really a LOT in our starter gear
2) we start baseline with quite a bit of mastery (24).
3) we dont have enough crit to really see the mana gains from resurgence.

Again... this to me wasn't a THROUGHPUT decision as much as an EFFICIENCY decision. Resurgence is a really strong proc at this point and increasing its likelyhood by even 2% means gaining something like 1 proc extra every 2 minutes or less... and each proc from HW is over 8k mana.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Haste (3327)

Can we get any sort of confirmation on the haste break points, so far in this thread I have 3041,3764,3327 and those are only those in this thread and not the 10s of others I have seen floating around.

...WOW now that you mention it the Haste Break Point was changed from Elitist Jerks from what it was yesterday.

none the less here is the Original one from Totemspot: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

WTF! Both have been changed from 3327 to 3306 Haste Break Point for Goblins!
Edited by Kalfos on 10/3/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Bump for my accidental awesome forum post

Thanks for all of the MUCH NEEDED input guys

Keep it rolling with opinions if possible.

-Ty
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/03/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Kalfos
WTF! Both have been changed from 3327 to 3306 Haste Break Point for Goblins!

See this is what is killing me, everyone seems to have a different idea of what the break points are and even the trust sites continually change it seems on an almost daily basis.

At this im kinda like screw it and just picked 1 of the break points someone said and I ran with it. Going to be a while I think before we can get definitive answer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]