What class did you re-roll from to Monk?

90 Orc Monk
Let the posts begin.

What class did you Re-Roll from in order to level your Monk?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Rogue. What Monk is has always been my style, and Rogue more fully captured that than other classes did. However, I do wish I were more Shado-Pan in type of Monk.
Edited by Daiyuu on 10/3/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Shaman, because I know they can't possibly neglect this class as badly as they did shammies.

... Though it seems like they're trying.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Priest. I didn't like how they normalized mana pools (effectively halving my mana) and forcing me into a secondary stat priority that I hated.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Death knight tank in wrath, didn't play much cata. Brewmasters are very similar to the original dk tanks before end of wrath aka cata patch ruined their fun in my opinion. I really hope blizzard doesn't change monks like they did them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Druid. I am paranoid about our guild not having enough of a particular role, so I tend towards the multitaskers. Had my druid since vanilla, but just could not stand the shape shifting.

When monks were announced, I started prepping right then and there. Will monks be as good? In the long run. I have complete faith in Blizzard to balance PvE. They have always done that very, very well.

I am not panicking right now, because blizzard (imho) low-balled the monk abilities on purpose. They were not going to repeat how Death Knights were in Naxx 2.0.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Death knight!

Full progression

Vanilla - Rogue
TBC - Tankadin / Rogue
WotLK - Death Knight / Rogue
Cataclysm - Death Knight / Rogue
MoP - Monk

Might level my rogue again, might level my Death Knight. Death Knight has archaeology so to get those achievements I'm gonna have to use her unless I want to do that grind /again/.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Shaman, because I know they can't possibly neglect this class as badly as they did shammies.

This is my exact logic path.

Though it's only been a week, so I doubt anything is set in stone at this point. Once 5.1, or 5.2 rolls out, if we still have many huge holes (most of which I'm not actually seeing as a brewmaster), then the people crying "PAY ATTENTION TO US" might have a valid point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Warrior. Brewmasters are basically warriors and if you don't admit it you don't know how to play a warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Pre-MoP, I was a Disc priest. Figured monks were likely to be strong through MoP as the class is part of the marketing strategy to keep people playing/encourage new people to start playing, and used my Beta time to do what I could to help Blizz figure out what to do with the spec. In the process, I fell in love with Mistweaving, so it was easy to carry on with my initial impulse - to provide my guild with a raiding Mistweaver for T14.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I re-rolled from an ele shaman, I hated how they never buffed or helped shamans out, well they did but just enough to make everyone shut up for a week or two at a time. But they arnt really showing monks much love either =(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Same. I struggled with the re-roll decision seeing as they gave Shamans some love with Ascendance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Same. I struggled with the re-roll decision seeing as they gave Shamans some love with Ascendance.

Its really not that good.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
okay so out of 10 posts 4 are shaman rerollers

blizz that says something, no? fix da shamanz
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Always been a really casual player, played a warlock from Vanilla through Cata and decided on something different when I came back for MoP

Having never tanked before, I'm still a bit nervous about jumping into tanking with a brewmaster, but I like the class so far
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All of them.

I have a alt of each class, and after a wile in cata nothing was really my main. And now this monk is.
So all of them.
Reply Quote
Druid
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Holy Paladin was my main all through Cata, straight through to heroic madness when it wasn't a total joke.
Reply Quote
76 Human Monk
Rogue

Every fun aspects I always wanted into rogue class, monks got. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Warlock here
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]