Giraffe Calf Bugged

100 Blood Elf Paladin
When the Giraffe Calf gained level 10, I switched to using the new talent (Bleat) and it doesn't become available in battle. Instead I am given the spell Headbutt and am unable to use it because it says I need to be level 4 to access it, which is strange seeing as I am six levels above that.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I just went to test this on my Giraffe Calf, and noticed that mine is bugged as well. He is level 15, and when I try to switch his first skill from "Hoof" to "Bleat", I end up with the skill "Headbutt" instead, with the same error message of "you must be level 4".

Also the bugged skill is showing up on the third attack slot, instead of the first, so right now my skills read "Tranquility", "Headbutt", "Headbutt". With the first headbutt being the proper one.

Have you reported this on the bugs forums yet?
Edited by Klinny on 10/3/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
It's a giraffe, they don't make any noise!

In all seriousness, knock out a few levels on pets that aren't bugged, you'll have a stronger team for it later on in the game and that your blood pressure wont be as badly effected *twitch*
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have reported it, but wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue. Thanks for the reply, Klinny.
Reply Quote
40 Goblin Rogue
Giraffes do in fact bleat in real life.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've found three. Kept the Uncommon.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Rogue
My rare is the same way. I've posted about it before, but not sure if Blizz saw it, so I'm giving this a friendly bump. Please fix.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My level 15 Girrafe Calf also has that same issue. Very bummed, but glad that my girrafe isn't the only one that's jacked :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Still bugged, can not use Bleat. :(
Reply Quote
82 Pandaren Monk
yep this is bugged and BS fix this blizzard
Reply Quote
82 Pandaren Monk
I found like 4 after a reset...before that there were none...
Reply Quote
75 Troll Shaman
If you kill all the regular giraffes in the area, you can force a spawn... but it takes a LONG time of running around killing. At least that is how I got mine. It was so much trouble, I didn't bother trying for a better quality one than the one I got.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Mine is at lvl 15 and doing this as well. Has anyone heard anything about this? Its frustrating.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I found one first go. Uncommon quality, very happy. Dont use it though. just looks cool
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yup my giraffe calf just dinged 10 and has the same issue with the Bleat ability.

Please fix this in a timely manner blizzard. We all worked hard to tame this lovely pet only for one of its best spells to be bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
FIX THIS
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Rogue
Bumping this thread. My giraffe is 25 now, and the secondary (changable) abilities show as the right spells now according to the wow armory, but when I pick them and try to use them in an actual fight, I still continue to get the same bug.
Giraffe pet is good even without, but I fail to see why this hasn't been fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Mine has the same bug, can't use Bleat (lvl 10) nor Stampede (lvl15). Mine is at lvl 15 now, so I don't know if the lvl 20 ability will work or not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]