Part 2: NVIDIA driver crashing

Not sure if this will help but it fixed my crashes and wierd splashes on graphics, i took the advice of other people fixes that worked for them and left my setting on this "performance over quality" in Nvidia settings, then bumped up my texture sampling by a notch to 2x and now my graphics looks great, perhaps this will work for others.

good luck guys
worked for a couple days, today up the sampling to 4x, do the standard delete WTF, Cache, Interface folders see how it goes for the next few days,
85 Troll Rogue
If you are experiencing screen freezes with blue or yellow squares scattered across your screen, I've found a solution. When this happens to me in game, I just spam my Esc key, and after a few seconds the screen will refresh and I can continue playing. It sucks to have to do this, but it beats forced restarts.
90 Draenei Shaman
Having the same issues. Happens at least 2-3 times per night... Same errors as those listed. I am using an nvidia GeForce GTX 570 v 306.97...

Anyway, I'm trying some of the troubleshooting tips here........ Hopefully they work. I find this graphic crash very disruptive!
100 Human Paladin
I am have an issue with my video card Nvidia Geforce GT 430. It keeps crashing on me.
90 Human Paladin
I love how my GTX 670 works flawlessly with much more demanding games. Yet, I could be in Goldshire with no more than 10 people in town and my card will crash. This is a coding problem on Blizzard's end and it needs to be fixed. Tired of getting daily crashes sometimes during critical rated matches.
90 Human Warlock
I just got back into the game after a year and a half away and I am having these random crashes. Blizzard support was no help other than the frequency of the crashes went down but still happening. Really sad to come back and have the game acting like this. I have a fresh install of wow and a 570 with latest drivers. Would someone mind relinking any troubleshooting steps that are available?
90 Human Mage
GTX 660 and I've:

-Changed from DX11 to DX9
-Changed versions all the way back to September
-Set to performance over quality
-Changed BACK to DX11
-Changed BACK to newest driver

Nothing has worked. The card will crash and recover frequently during play no matter what I do. Something is wrong on your end Blizzard because this card and this entire rig is brand new.
90 Worgen Rogue
Same problem here it happened past on October but then it seems everything was fine, but today it started all over again and I'm happy that I'm not the oly one with this issue. I have recentlyupdated the NVIDIA driver to its last version updated on January 05th . Also updated all stuff available from Microsoft for Windows 7 64 bits today to check it out whether it could solve it, but nothing seems to fix the crashes and graphical issues. Some of them are even starting when i simply run the client, sometimes the issues begin 1m after logging in.
90 Human Warlock
I too have had lots of probs i went back to running 310.64 so far so good they just put up 313 series beta don't even waste your time downloading it.
90 Worgen Hunter
I've been away from the game for 5 months. This weekend I decided to pick up MoP and check it out. It was fine Sunday and Monday, although I did not play for extended periods. Now last night and this morning my video driver has crashed at least 6 times. I'm not sure what the issue is, having experienced no problems at any time in anything else over the past 5 months.
Now to come to the Tech forums and see that this problem is 4 months old.....
Disheartening
83 Worgen Warlock
I had a similar problem. I performed a clean install of the current in Nvidia beta drivers.

Nvidia update 1.12.12
    physX systems software 9.12.1031
    nview 136.53
    graphics driver 313.96

So far everything is working fine. Hope this helps good luck.
90 Human Warlock
I have a fresh install of the game no addons and a fresh install of the driver nothing doing
90 Orc Rogue
Installed latest Nvidia Beta Drivers. 313.96 (Ive been trying every revision as well since panda launch)

http://www.geforce.com/

top left

For the first time since the Panda Launch my system has not crashed with My GTX 590 while using DX 11.
No need for special card settings, lame voltage tweaks etc etc...works fine as is.

May work some, others may not, never know, but its worth trying it out.

Do a clean install under advanced in the driver install settings.
Edited by Angelimorti on 2/1/2013 11:00 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
I find this issue Extremely annoying, no matter what I do I cannot play,. I have tried reinstalling drivers, changing power settings to prefer max performance, nothing works. I have a i7, 16gb of ram and 1.5gb dedicated graphics.... why am I crashing... it makes no sense that I can run battlefield 3 max graphics, but I cannot play wow on low...
90 Undead Warrior
Althou I´m still seeing at least a critical error per day, something that help me was updating the BIOS.
90 Human Warlock
Okay I have some weird news. Since getting to 90 and gaining the ability to fly I have not crashed once. I am wondering if there is some game crashing bug in the ability checksum / instancing system....
85 Blood Elf Paladin
After posting earlier about changing the sound settings on the graphics card i am back to square one. Randomly fixed it for a week and a half and now im crashing regularly again. Seems that if im in org just queing for dungeons i can go all day, soon as i enter pandaria territory i will start crashing again.. go figure
90 Gnome Warlock
Down clocking worked for me. I have a EVGA superclocked GTX 570 which in hindsight was probably something I didn't need. I would have probably been better off with just a basic 570. Any ways, my card was crashing at least once a day, even with the latest drivers. So I just down clocked my GPU from the default, which I think was 798 to 732 and it hasn't crashed since. I tried some other solutions that I saw on here and none of them worked. The only thing that worked for me was to down clock my graphics card. Just wanted to share that.
90 Worgen Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NtHDkUoN98&list=FLbERNOIrkq3Rtexyc4dMM3A&index=1

This helped me
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]