Twin Peaks favors the horde......

90 Human Death Knight
I was just in a Twin peaks BG and I seen something that was extremely unfair due to the terrain layout. A horde grabbed the flag and somehow managed to levitate from the top of the alliance base over half the map without being able to be hit and landed safely on the horde side

It should def be looked at
Edited by Gaden on 10/4/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
While it does indeed favor hordes (with sprint and slowfall like ability) Most people will simply flame you and say "!@#$ alliance always win anyway"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What kind of magic, sir? or miss
Edited by Lovelykitty on 10/3/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I was just in a Twin peaks BG and I seen something that was extremely unfair due to the terrain layout. A horde grabbed the flag and somehow managed to levitate from the top of the alliance base over half the map without being able to be hit and landed safely on the horde side

The two people that were doing it were
cydin - Andorhal
valoryn - Andorhal

Av=alliance so... yeah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Peaks and WSG both slope downward toward the middle, both sides can do exactly what you describe, it's just up to the players to know they can do it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Cayse
Peaks and WSG both slope downward toward the middle, both sides can do exactly what you describe, it's just up to the players to know they can do it.

Wrong. Alliance can't get on top of a horde base and slow fall with the horde flag to the alliance side.

edit: in peaks to be more clear.
Edited by Kurain on 10/3/2012 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
After a few more battlegrounds I've also noticed this happening in WSG from the top of the alliance mid exit. They sprout these weird wings and just fly over MOST of the battlefield. I Think its an item cause alot of classes are using it. In the next day or two ill try to get a screenshot of it as proof.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
And Gilnais favors the alliance.

SO YOUR POINT IS FLAWED.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
After a few more battlegrounds I've also noticed this happening in WSG from the top of the alliance mid exit. They sprout these weird wings and just fly over MOST of the battlefield. I Think its an item cause alot of classes are using it. In the next day or two ill try to get a screenshot of it as proof.

What you're referring to is an Engineering tinker, the Goblin Glider. It's essentially a self-propelled parachute that lasts 2 minutes.

That fact that you can carry a flag with it is likely an oversight. People who state that engys could already parachute are missing the point of how fast the glider moves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, just to play devil's advocate here....
What about the situations where they DON'T have a slowfall ability, while you have one of the various knockbacks? You could then knock the efc off the edge to insta death.
Or just use knockbacks to defend better really. All entrances to ally base are like that. Knock'em back/ lol as they fall/ wait for them to come back /rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You haven't seen the Engineering with hang glider in action...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The two people that were doing it were
cydin - Andorhal
valoryn - Andorhal

you will get busted for singleing people out.

also levitate has been out way before twin peaks and twin peaks has been around for a whole expansion so why the post now?

and as for hand gliders, if they chose to get engineering for the cool perks it should be allowed its not like u can use them in rated bg's were it acctually matters so i dont see it changing.
Edited by Gremlìn on 10/4/2012 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Should have death gripped bro
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126392

Has a 3 minute cd, applied to cloak. Lasts 2 minutes when activated (until you touch ground).

For reference, I am sure it will get disabled from RBG's if it's not already and in RBG's which side of Twin Peaks you play from is randomized (or was last time I played?).

Alliance almost always wins AV because a zerg vs zerg (all you're going to get a pug to do on AV) favors Alliance 100%. You can cap the towers in the horde base without killing archers, you can get into the base without getting hit by the archers for more than 1-3 seconds (instead of a long bridge of archery doom). List goes on.

It's really not a big deal to have one BG or another favor a faction. All of them favor one side or another for some reason or another in some way. Alliance just isn't used to dealing with being on the other side of it as much I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126392

Has a 3 minute cd, applied to cloak. Lasts 2 minutes when activated (until you touch ground).

For reference, I am sure it will get disabled from RBG's if it's not already and in RBG's which side of Twin Peaks you play from is randomized (or was last time I played?).

Parachute makes you drop the flag if you use it, and that is in pug BGs, blizzard just let the hang glyder slip past them.

As for RBGs, aren't they only randomized if both sides are the same faction?
I looked on WOWwiki for confirmation, but they didn't list this as a feature.
Edited by Jettia on 10/4/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]