Taming the World Achievement Broken

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
Mayhaps we just chill and rest on our Venus while we wait for the nice skull and his friends to fix things?

I mean, if we have taken the initiative in filling out the criteria for the achievement, we'll get it, and likely sooner than later. Getting it to begin with was the fun part :D.

also we get a hat and shiny rocks in 5.1. Rejoice :D! My minfernal needs a fire stone :3.

*venus icon looks like laurels*
88 Troll Shaman
Thank you all for the reports!

For players that have yet to reach 40, the hotfix applied today should allow you to earn the achievement Taming the World when you do (instead of at 45).

For those who have already hit 40 or higher and don't have the achievement, we're in the process of developing another hotfix to correctly award you.

Hey there! just wanted to chime in as well. just hit 40/45 tamers and, sadly, did not get the achievement. Any help is appreciated =)
90 Human Warrior
I have defeated every tamer and actually have several bugs with my pets.

Bug #1 Being im at 43/45 with no achievement for taming the world though all tamers have been defeated.

Bug #2 I have full credit for taming kalimdor and defeating all of those tamers but I do not have the achievement.

Bug #3 After doing the Pandarian Tamer Dailies once, I have not been able to re-challenge any of the tamers since then. I have flown and checked every single one of them.
90 Human Paladin
I also broke the 40 mark to 43/45 after the hotfix but didn't receive the achieve.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I completed the "Taming Eastern Kingdoms" and on my achievement the names are all ticked and green, yet... I don't have the achievement. Anyone have the same problem...?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Renotarshil
Mal'ganis

Just got 43/45 Taming the World on 10/12/2012 and didn't get achievement unlocked.
90 Dwarf Hunter
yep, i am at 43/45 also...
90 Worgen Hunter
i filled out an in-game ticket for not being given credit for Taming Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdom Safari, and not receiving a Strong Trap. I finally received an answer today and was told that there was nothing that could be done and I would have to do the achievements over. Of course with account-wide achievements there is no way to do the achievements over short of deleting all your toons and starting from scratch. Has anyone else been told this? Are Blues still monitoring this thread?
And guess what the Taming the World Achiv is still broken i just got Taming Azeroth tonight and my Taming the World reads 43 / 45. Im glad all these hot fixes work.
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/12/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Hemming
i filled out an in-game ticket for not being given credit for Taming Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdom Safari, and not receiving a Strong Trap. I finally received an answer today and was told that there was nothing that could be done and I would have to do the achievements over. Of course with account-wide achievements there is no way to do the achievements over short of deleting all your toons and starting from scratch. Has anyone else been told this? Are Blues still monitoring this thread?

I got a reply today for the exact same reasons and I was told that I have to do the achievments again as well in a very automated message my question is please tell me how I am supposed to do them again I can't just tell an achievment to reset so yeah I guess we have to wait, but pet battles the system works fairly well, but the achievments are so bugged that its just a headache. I am fine with that if not for the fact that mini pets are tied to the achievments and as a pet collector that annoys me to no end that and the fact that I had to go over a year in the past before I got credit on broken systems and I do not want to wait a year or more again.
90 Human Paladin
I just beat my 40th tamer and did not receive the achievement. I tried relogging but still nothing.

Fawnix on Kul Tiras

Edit: Well somehow I got the achievement finally after beating two more tamers. Seems to possibly award it at 42.
Edited by Fawnix on 10/12/2012 7:10 PM PDT
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
Same here - got my 40th tamer down and did not get the achievement. :(

Bummed too because it's the last 20 points I need to get my Jade Tentacle!

Editing to say I defeated a 41st tamer - the tracker did not go higher than 40/45 and I still don't have the achievement.
Edited by Raziya on 10/12/2012 7:32 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
Got the 40th Tamer down after hotfix, did not get achievement.
Still don't have credit for the Eastern Kingdom Safari.
Still can't get the Pet Battle Dailies despite beating all but some of Pandarian trainers.
I did finally get the Improved Trap, after putting in tickets about it and the dailies since the third day after expansion release.
This was the last reply form a ticket:

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings!

We’d like to thank-you for contacting us regarding your in-game concern.

We’d like to start by saying that after reviewing your petition we are sorry to tell you that we are not able to assist with your request. When petitioning in about an achievement issue; please understand that all achievements must be completed in-game. Even if you believe that you completed the requirements for the achievement (like defeating a heroic boss) we are still unable to give you credit. You will need to complete the run again.

Lastly, if you are looking for information about completing an achievement, we cannot give you hints regarding requirements to complete an achievement.

Thank-You
Blizzard Entertainment Support

Did they even read the bloody ticket or have the slightest understanding of the problems?
90 Dwarf Hunter
Got the 40th Tamer down after hotfix, did not get achievement.
Still don't have credit for the Eastern Kingdom Safari.
Still can't get the Pet Battle Dailies despite beating all but some of Pandarian trainers.
I did finally get the Improved Trap, after putting in tickets about it and the dailies since the third day after expansion release.
This was the last reply form a ticket:

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings!

We’d like to thank-you for contacting us regarding your in-game concern.

We’d like to start by saying that after reviewing your petition we are sorry to tell you that we are not able to assist with your request. When petitioning in about an achievement issue; please understand that all achievements must be completed in-game. Even if you believe that you completed the requirements for the achievement (like defeating a heroic boss) we are still unable to give you credit. You will need to complete the run again.

Lastly, if you are looking for information about completing an achievement, we cannot give you hints regarding requirements to complete an achievement.

Thank-You
Blizzard Entertainment Support

Did they even read the bloody ticket or have the slightest understanding of the problems?

thats the exact same ticket I was given it is so automated and it leaves you feeling as if the gm's don't even read after getting the wait 4 days for a response.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I reached the 40 mark today 10/13/1012 "AFTER" the hotfix and still didnt get credit for it either.

Blizzard seriously needs to figure out why this isnt working correctly.
90 Human Warrior
Same auto response I got as well. 4 day wait, auto response, crappy customer service.

I can not get my pet from pet bags if its impossible for me to get pet bags from tamer dailies. It also makes leveling pets take that much longer since you can not get the extra experience.

Finally got my upgraded trap.
Still can't do dailies, still don't have credit for achievements.
90 Gnome Warlock
Well, there's been nothing.
No more input from Blizzard about fixing it.
No explanation or further attempts to fix the problems .
The hot-fixes work for some and not for others.
Can we get some assistance here?

For players that have yet to reach 40, the hotfix applied today should allow you to earn the achievement Taming the World when you do (instead of at 45).

It didn't work. What now?

I still can't get pet dailies in EK or Outland.
I still don't get a Bag of Pet Supplies when they do work in Northrend.
I have all the pets in EK including the 4 that are brought not Tamable, and I have the Wharf Rat and The Crimson Moth that are supposed to be exempt now, and yet I still don't have that achievement.
Pandarian pets are being caught, and are not getting marked off the list ( Feverbite Hatchling, Shrine Fly, Silkbead Snail).

What are you doing Blizzard ? Your fixes aren't working, and despite asking for info about it, you're not getting back to us or fixing it.

Nothing.

The silence is deafening.
90 Orc Shaman
I got the exact same response from the GM's about my ticket for the achievements. I'd really like to know why were being told to do them over again when they are account wide and its an absolute impossible thing to do unless of course people are willing to delete all their toons to start over. This process has taken quite a bit of patience and time to do. I have seen all over where it said a week or so maybe longer that they are hot fixing yet nothing has been fixed. I know its the exp and it just dropped so we expect bugs, but this has been going on since release and its not being fixed. We spend our time and give you guys our money to be able to do these things that we call fun yet it does us no good when its broken. Please check into fixing these issues, some people raid, some do achievements, some do pets, everyone plays the game for their own reasons. To sit for hours on end collecting these pets, waiting for the right weather/time ect would be nice after all the time we put into it that it correctly gives us the achievements were going for. I am hoping beyond hope that the blues are still watching this thread and realize that this needs to be addressed sooner than later.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Vex
Hey all,

As Mumper mentioned earlier [url="https://twitter.com/mumper/status/255778145075068929"]today on Twitter[/url], we implemented a hotfix that reduces this achievement's criteria to 40, down from 45. For those of you who have more than 40 already, please let us know if you were correctly awarded the achievement and title. Thanks!

I'm still at 43/45 with all the tamers defeated. I have the Taming Azeroth achievement and title, but not the Taming EK and Taming the World achievements.
Edited by Loreena on 10/13/2012 8:46 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]