So there are 500 pets

100 Blood Elf Warlock
500 Pets and I think I have captured a Rat, Squirrel, and Rabbit in so many times I may as well be the Rat Lord of the Eastern Kingdoms.

I'm Camping the Minfernal and what do I find?
Rats!

I was so excited to go to outland thinking I was done with the rats. I was looking for a Flayer- what did I find?

Rats... and some snakes.

Didn't find the Flayer so I went to look for a Warp Stalker Hatchling- What did I find?

Rats... and some Moths. I eventually did find a Warp Stalker Hatchling but I need to check again to find one of better quality.

If you added all the Rares I have- and took out all the Rare Rats that I have caught coming up the levels (and I'm only at 18) that would be 30% of my rares.

So even on an alien planet- the world of warcraft is over run with critters and beasts!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
They definetly have waaay too many critters and beasts.

The system is fun and all but they need a better spread of pets in the secondary slots. If you goto the right locations you can get different types but it is always critt/beat or aquatic.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Yeah, I'd like to see more non-critters and non-beasts. And it does seem that each new zone that I visit, I'm greeted by legions of rats. And rabbits.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Rats are the equivalent of Rattata in pokemon. They're the monster that no one gives half a crap about, and there are WAY too many of them for it to be legal!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/04/2012 04:02 AMPosted by Amz
Rats are the equivalent of Rattata in pokemon. They're the monster that no one gives half a crap about, and there are WAY too many of them for it to be legal!

My Wharf Rat is in the top percentage of all Wharf Rats!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
At least for now, they have to have a ton of common pets that nobody really wants, so people can level up without having to fight too hard for that one spawn they're seeking.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I think VG Cats said it best with "Vendor Trash Pokemon".
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
10/03/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Therealgor
The system is fun and all but they need a better spread of pets in the secondary slots.

Agreed. It makes it harder to level pets that are weak against critters and beasts.

By my count, the types of wild battle pets are distributed as follows:

Mechanical 3
Humanoid 4
Dragonkin 4
Magic 5
Undead 8
Elemental 11
Aquatic 30
Flying 30
Beast 69
Critter 77
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]