Help me please

72 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi,

Do you guys help me by telling how to absolutely hide that quest tracking objectives under map? You can hide it with the button but its not completely gone and i hate that small button. Anyway to completely hide it from screen? please tell me. i have tried unchecking the objectives option on interface. Not working.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Légion
Anyway to completely hide it from screen? please tell me. i have tried unchecking the objectives option on interface.

I believe you need to use an addon for that. curse.com and wowinterface.com should have a whole ton of addons that move and/or hide various bits of the UI.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Paladin
Need more detailed info but thanks man. Im new so dunno how the names...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Légion
Need more detailed info but thanks man. Im new so dunno how the names...

Addons are basically scripts and graphics that modify the UI (the various buttons and windows on the game interface). They can change the UI's colors, move the buttons around, display additional info not shown on the base UI, give a whole different layout, etc.

Addons are completely fine with Blizzard as long as they follow 2 rules: they are completely free to use, and they don't interact with or change the game world in any way (they strictly stay in the realm of windows, buttons and warning text/graphics. They can't move your character, click on things in the game world, or change things like the color of the sky.

Both of the websites I mentioned have tons and tons of addons, AND they have search functions and the addons are sorted by categories. Both websites also make sure that the addons they list follow Blizzard's rules and that they don't contain anything sketchy that could harm your computer.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Paladin
I see... but can you name the addOns that hide those quest tracking stuff...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Légion
I see... but can you name the addOns that hide those quest tracking stuff...

I have no idea what addons would do that. I know of an addon that makes any UI function/window "drag & drop" so you can move it where you want it: moveanything. But I don't know if it also lets you hide anything. You'll have to search those sites and see what pops up.

There's hundreds of thousands of addons for WoW, and 10+ million current players (the highest active player numbers it had was 14 million). Chances are, if there's a modification to the UI you'd like to see, someone else has also wanted it changed and has made an addon to do it.

Everyone has a different preference for addons, even when they're modifying the same aspect. I run with no addons at all, some people use 100 or more at a time, and there's the full gamut in between.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
You want moveanything (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/move-anything). It can hide, rescale, or move virtually any part of the UI, including the quest tracker.

The quest tracker is called "quest log tracker", and is under the "achievements and quests" section
Edited by Dragonjts on 10/4/2012 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]