Rogue PvP

90 Human Rogue
idk if this applies to any other rogue out there, but it feels like im playing a Potato, although i do have a few questions
- what are ur opinions on rogues?
- what spec is best for PvP (burst wise)?
- what are some of the main stats to look out for?

^My thoughts on the above questions

- my opinion would be that yes i do find it some what difficult to win against some classes such as warriors, BM hunters, Resto Druids, Ret pallies, Frost mages...and some others, seems as though we dont have enought burst :|

- i am currently assassination for PvP but not sure if its best, the best spec was Sub but wouldnt mind other rogues to put in their opinions :)

- i would say for the main stats would probably be, Haste, agility, PvP Power/Resilience and Possibly some Crit

And i have noticed a few of the top rogues have re-rolled other classes, so would only mean that even tho u got skill at rogues, doesnt mean u will win coz the top rogues, obviously re-rolled coz apparently we got nerfed.
gotta love playing a vegetable. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Best spec: potato.

I'm not going to give real input, I just really lol'd when I read your post.

+1
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
This is totally going to be my response to what spec I am until they do something to fix us 'I am a Rogue Potato."

I have been rolling in PvP as assassination. The damage is actually not bad (especially with your cooldowns), but the insanely long cooldown timers and lack of mobility / survivability makes it very frustrating at times. You are going to get kited a lot. You are going to find yourself going from 100% health to 25% health in 2 seconds a lot. It sucks, but there really isn't a whole lot we can do. All of our 'survival' talents are easily avoided.

It is frustrating and annoying, but it does work. We are at a disadvantage most of the time though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Sub is fine, btw rogues worst race is pandaren because of gouge sharing dr with the racial.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
WHY YOU PUNDA!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
RSS
we are all potatoes
Reply Quote
Best spec: potato.

I'm not going to give real input, I just really lol'd when I read your post.

+1
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/04/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Narcotics
Sub is fine, btw rogues worst race is pandaren because of gouge sharing dr with the racial.

Sub isn't fine... but it's also not a "bad" rogue spec to be playing atm either.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
All the specs are mediocre at best. Play the style you enjoy most.
Edited by Stabdu on 10/4/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
460 Spud Rogue LF MV
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Did rogue get nerfed that hard
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I haven't been having too many problems with Sublety. My only issue is very low damage outside of my CDs. Extremely low. Other than that the damage feels fine to me. Although it is considerably more difficult to play than before.

Edit: Not to say rogues don't have problems atm, they do. Sub just isn't as bad as everyone is making it sound.
Edited by Conflictt on 10/4/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I haven't been having too many problems with Sublety. My only issue is very low damage outside of my CDs. Other than that the damage feels fine to me. Although it is considerably more difficult to play than before.

Edit: Not to say rogues don't have problems atm, they do. Sub just isn't as bad as everyone is making it sound.

Damage feels fine, but only with cooldowns, that doesn't seem weird to you?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I haven't been having too many problems with Sublety. My only issue is very low damage outside of my CDs. Other than that the damage feels fine to me. Although it is considerably more difficult to play than before.

Damage feels fine, but only with cooldowns, that doesn't seem weird to you?

Sublety has always been revolved around mediocre damage outside of dance and very high damage inside dance.

With the cool down on dance still being one minute, I don't find that weird. But then again that's just me.

The other specs however having low damage unless they pop all their CDs, then that's a problem.
Edited by Conflictt on 10/4/2012 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/04/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Narcotics

...that's about as logical as people saying you shouldn't open with cheapshot because it'll DR your kidney.

The work-around is to not be an idiot about when you use your abilities, and to pay attention to your DRs instead of haphazardly using your CCs.

Pandaren *are* weaker for arena, but it's certainly not for the reason you seem to have conjured. It's because their strongest racial requires a food buff.
Edited by Leitka on 10/4/2012 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]