The burning ember mechanic seems messed up.

90 Human Warlock
Former world ranking guild, world ranking worldoflogs, 2k+ lock. Been gone awhile, since server first HNef.

What is going on with ember gain, especially in pvp? It seems extremely slow, almost broken slow. Am I missing something?

edit -
10/04/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Djdave
Fel flame is your friend

That clears up a lot.
Edited by Pompeiis on 10/6/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
your warlock is creepy looking, thats the first thing, that !@# look crazy

with more haste and some decent crit you will see build up much faster. as you are leveling, i found the fastest way to build up embers was by fire and brimstone immolate, then drop a rain of fire on the mobs and then normal rotation from there. you gain embers really fast with immolate on all targets while they are being hit by rain of fire. works on bosses too if tank keeps them in one spot.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
He said PVP. In PvP, the embers do gain very, very slowly. That's why destro seems to me to be more of a fun, gimmicky spec than a real pvp spec. Aff will probably be the spec of choice, but you know more about that than I do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Fel flame is your friend
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Fel flame is your friend

Pretty much. Right now even in PVE the mechanic is slow. I can channel 5-6 incinerates and build half an ember. So for the same amount of embers I just spam Fel Flame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ok so it's not that I'm missing something. I must have went 3 battle grounds never having over 1, maybe one and half shards.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
your warlock is creepy looking, thats the first thing, that !@# look crazy

with more haste and some decent crit you will see build up much faster. as you are leveling, i found the fastest way to build up embers was by fire and brimstone immolate, then drop a rain of fire on the mobs and then normal rotation from there. you gain embers really fast with immolate on all targets while they are being hit by rain of fire. works on bosses too if tank keeps them in one spot.
I'm pretty sure you only stack haste to thresholds for the extra tick on immolate. After that, it's a straight crit/mastery stack as backdraft is essentially your haste.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was coming in here to make the exact same topic. It's stupid-slow. It takes roughly 8 incinerates or a bunch of FF to get 1 Ember. It should be about 6 Incinerates (I get that by conflag, 3x incin, conflag, 3x incin). Or let Conflag contribute to ember...

Remember it's not just Chaos Bolt, we need embers for our heal...

Not like Blizz will read this sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I was coming in here to make the exact same topic. It's stupid-slow. It takes roughly 8 incinerates or a bunch of FF to get 1 Ember. It should be about 6 Incinerates (I get that by conflag, 3x incin, conflag, 3x incin). Or let Conflag contribute to ember...

Remember it's not just Chaos Bolt, we need embers for our heal...

Not like Blizz will read this sadly.
I think destro is in a pretty good place personally. If they increased ember generation; they would have to nerf chaos bolt, and we don't want another cata noodle bolt fiasco.
Reply Quote
Stack crit not haste, and you will generate much more embers.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
stack crit not haste, also shadowburn is your friend, use it
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Affliction: Int > Mastery > Haste > Crit.
Scale Factors: Int-5.01 Crit-2.00 Haste-2.27 Mastery-2.73

Destro: Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste
Scale Factors: Crit-2.01 Haste-1.61 Mastery-2.10

Taken from AJ.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Warlock
Affliction: Int > Mastery > Haste > Crit.
Scale Factors: Int-5.01 Crit-2.00 Haste-2.27 Mastery-2.73

Destro: Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste
Scale Factors: Crit-2.01 Haste-1.61 Mastery-2.10

Taken from AJ.

For destruction you have mastery and crit mixed up. Crit increases the critical damage of your chaos bolt so popping havoc + chaos bolt with a bunch of crit = success.

The correct one should be:
Destruction: Int > Hit (for PvP = 6%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock

For destruction you have mastery and crit mixed up. Crit increases the critical damage of your chaos bolt so popping havoc + chaos bolt with a bunch of crit = success.

The correct one should be:
Destruction: Int > Hit (for PvP = 6%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Crit also increases Ember generation because immolate crits give 1/10 and incinerate and fel flame crits give 2/10.
Reply Quote
Destruction is now all about setting up your kill. Because you will kill a target once you get those embers so just use the survival skills you are givin, stack embers, once the target is ready to get bursted, use all your burst skills. Target dead. Its really fun once you accept that, and master it.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Warlock
10/05/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Locknesz
Destruction is now all about setting up your kill. Because you will kill a target once you get those embers so just use the survival skills you are givin, stack embers, once the target is ready to get bursted, use all your burst skills. Target dead. Its really fun once you accept that, and master it.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have a hard time dueling people with one ember because it takes time for me to build up these embers to use, but in a BG when I have these embers built it takes a ton of a nuke to get me down and I am sure other locks here can vouch for me here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Fel flame is your friend

ty man

/thread
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]