Valor Point system is unfair.

90 Human Rogue
I am part of a pretty solid raid group, and although we progress we only raid 2 nights a week due to people's schedules. The old system in cata allowed for us to aquire Valor Points from killing raid bosses to initially get gear to help us progress.

The new system is unfair to anyone who raids. Not only do we have to put in our hours of gearing from dungeons and then doing our raids, but we also have to do a multitude of dailies every day or random queue for dungeons that we dont need just to cap for Valor.

Is there any reason we cannot get a substantially more amount of valor points from actually raiding, so we dont have to be gimped by the players that cannot put in the time it takes to do all those crazy amounts of dailies in addtion to managing school / work?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Are you trolling?

As a raider you were expected to run randoms to get gear in both cata and woltk, this has not changed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
VP gear is meant to only supplement your raid gear. Because raiding was already the main source of gear blizzard did not want it to be the main source of VP also.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Rvalue
Are you trolling?

No he is not trolling , but he is whinning :P

10/04/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Tyrnyx
VP gear is meant to only supplement your raid gear. Because raiding was already the main source of gear blizzard did not want it to be the main source of VP also.

This mainly explains it.

Op things change if you really feel strongly about this issue then posting it in this forum is not going to get Blizz's attention, Blues do not come here.

Frankly I have no problem with it.. I thought in Wrath and even in Cata gearing for Raiding was just too easy, then again I come from BC raidng where it seemed to take forever to get your 10 man team ready - Rep grinds, gaining the keys to all the heroic instances and dailies... it looks like Blizz is going back to something simliar.

heck in Cata I had my last toon that hit 85 ready for DS in one week. Too easy if you ask me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sub, I never said he was not correct

but I remember having to work twice as hard to gain the same VP doing instance and dailies as my friend who was able to raid once a week did. In fact I could not keep up with him.. he earned more VP than I did simply by doing one raid. So he spent less time in game.

If you look at it from Blizz's point of view maybe their goal is not to shorten the time we spend in game but to make it longer.

Even so posting a complaint in this forum is not going to get him heard by Blizz, if the majority feel as he does, then they need to make sure Blizz knows it,, ie like they did when they were not happy with the 30 day time period for Dethronement.. Blizz changed it.

Now will Blizz listen again? Maybe. will they change it to something they like? who knows,
Edited by Ssinfull on 10/4/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I didn't realize raid bosses no longer gave VP. That sucks in a big, big way.

Throughout cata I just got VP from raiding and never did any LFD after the first couple of months. Never did any dailies after that either.

Now I have to grind out VP through dailies and LFD for every content patch? Wow, that is really a huge pita.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Raid bosses do drop VP, they just drop a far far less than they used to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/04/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Corayo
The new system is unfair to anyone who raids. Not only do we have to put in our hours of gearing from dungeons and then doing our raids, but we also have to do a multitude of dailies every day or random queue for dungeons that we dont need just to cap for Valor.

I'm not sure if "unfair" is the right word, but I also am disappointed in the amount of non-raid time required to get your character as ready as possible to raid. It is particularly puzzling because previous changes have been designed to limit the amount of time people can spend improving their character for raiding. Such changes have been merging 10 and 25 lockouts (so people don't feel obligated to run the other side for gear and emblems/points), having a valor point cap, and and allowing raiders to accumulate the weekly VP in one session rather then having the overhead of logging in every day.

My main issue is that all the daily grinding feels, to me at least, like Fake Longevity - see first hit on google to see the tvtrope page. Leveling and gearing up in 5 mans have a nice progression into raiding - first you learn your toon, then you learn to play with others in a small group, then you tackle challenging content. Collecting bear asses has little to do with raiding, which is why I am disappointed with the system.

I also played more the first week then I probably ever will this expac, doing tons of dailys and dungeons - and probably did not VP cap. Going from 150 VP per random to 60/30 is probably going to keep me from running them at all - the time expense far exceeds the reward.

From a guild perspective, I am requiring raiders to at least have their gear properly gemmed/enchanted, and requiring them to deal with their own flasks (another thing people have to do now). I cannot in good conscience require them to VP cap, or insist on grinding all possible bonus rolls.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sub I understand your point... but My friend spend 2 hrs a week and got more VP than I who spent 2 hrs a night runing heroics and grinding rep did. I think they tried to balance things out a bit. Now maybe they balanced things a bit too far to the otherside, but I do not think it should be the same as it was in Wrath and Cata

Frankly I liked BC much better. For me the hard part is going to be leveling all my 85s to 90. I know you say that is easy but I am slow at leveling, even so I currently have all classes save the Monk at 85 and some duplicates. Not all of my 85s will reach 90 some will just be retired.

And Blizz does care how much time you spend in game.. I have seen too many posts from the blues stating that- They removed the portals because they wanted players to travel around on mounts/flyers and taxis more. Now they have added sll the holiday stuff - and now the pet battles... I Say they are trying to keep you ingame.

Do not forget it cost money to operate those servers,, even if they maintain the same subscriber base but 1/2 of that subscriber base ceases to come in game and yet continues their monthly subscription.. it will leave underpopulated servers, this can and often does create a domino effect which can destroy a server.. I have seen it in other MMO's and so far Blizz has not had a problem and never had to shut down servers or merge a few.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I like the process of running heroic dungeons to get ready for raiding, and then run regular raids to get ready for heroics.

I do not like the fact that even though I don't need a single piece of gear from heroics, I still need to run them to VP cap. I also need to do dailies to get vp cap, and to even get enough rep to purchase VP.

If I spend the time it takes to raid every week, I shouldnt have to spend more time to do dailies / dungeons that I need no loot from.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Subrosian
Adding dailies as a burden on top of raiders, because non-raiders wanted to get a handout, is one of the most idiotic decisions Blizzard has made. It puts a huge burden on the players who are already investing quite a bit of time. If anything, raiders should have been given more of a break.

And getting a toon at max level , having it fully heroic geared in one week ready to enter the top teir raid is a good thing? Frankly I do not agree.. The big problem with Cata was that too many burned through the content far too fast. And those same people who rushed though everything were the same ones who were QQing that they were bored.

Well becarefull when you complain sometimes Blizz does listen, only their solution may not be one you like.

Frankly it does not both me to run the instances and grind the need rep. If it is such a burden to you, I am sure you will find a way to limit doing it.

As to the New VP System being unfair.. I guess that is all a matter of perspective.
Edited by Ssinfull on 10/6/2012 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Adding dailies as a burden on top of raiders, because non-raiders wanted to get a handout, is one of the most idiotic decisions Blizzard has made. It puts a huge burden on the players who are already investing quite a bit of time. If anything, raiders should have been given more of a break.

And getting a toon at max level , having it fully heroic geared in one week ready to enter the top teir raid is a good thing? Frankly I do not agree.. The big problem with Cata was that too many burned through the content far too fast. And those same people who rushed though everything were the same ones who were QQing that they were bored.

Well becarefull when you complain sometimes Blizz does listen, only their solution may not be one you like.

Frankly it does not both me to run the instances and grind the need rep. If it is such a burden to you, I am sure you will find a way to limit doing it.

As to the New VP System being unfair.. I guess that is all a matter of perspective.

This is a fairly ignorant remark.

Adding the amount of hours I need to put into it per week will not make it take "longer" to burn through the content. Weekly lockouts to raids and cap to VP make sure of this. All adding dailies will do is make me add more hours to the ones that I already spend running heroics till I didnt need gear from them anymore, farming herbs for potions / flasks for raid, studying videos and strategy guides so I can have a good understanding of the fights, etc.

If anything, dailies and heroic dungeons should be an ALTERNATIVE to raiding, not an addition to. If you dont cap VP from raiding, fine you can do dailies / heroics. I shouldn't have to do BOTH just to keep up.

They took out the helm enchants saying "we dont want rep grind to be required to perform in raiding" then they come out with this garbage? Complete BS!

10/04/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Tyrnyx

I'm sure you are well aware that many different specs prefer different types of stats. For some classes, the vp gear is much better than raid gear.
Edited by Corayo on 10/6/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You see that is the problem Blizz is trying to please too many people but they have been trending away from allow raiders to be a leet group unto themselves since Wrath came out.

Your bakring up the wrong tree if you expect them to reverse themselves and start allowing one group of players to feel unique and special. Come on, look at what they did to the mounts.and titles.

Blizz has dcided they do not want to cater to elitism, whether you or I agree that it is a good or bad thing does not really matter. The only way you or anyone can voice their displeasure is hit them were it hurts,, ie leave the game and cancel their subscription

We can argue or discuss to the cows come home how unfair things are .. and nothing is gona happen

Life is unfair, why should WoW be any different.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/06/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Subrosian
Raiders were frustrated by the mistakes of Tier 13, we voiced our displeasure and worked with Blizzard to produce Tier 14 and Tier 15, which are shaping up to be excellent, exciting and breath life back into an old game.

I really could care less. But my point to the Op was Whining or posting about it here is not going change anything.

I will say the same to you. You can post all you want and be very convincing but it all falls on deaf ears.

Raiding may Drive the game content, but if all the casuals stopped playing how long would it take for Blizz to stop providing updates and new content? I think they would drop WoW like a hot potato, so while you drive the content, it is the casuals who give Blizz a reason to keep this game going.. without us you would have nothing, And with out you leet raiders this game would get old and boring real fast.

Like it or not we need each other.

Your not going to change my opinion on VP, and I doubt I am going to change yours, but I will say , if you and the OP want to change this,, your wasting your energy and time posting about it in this forum. Blizz does not come here and all your arguements and suggestions go unheard.
Edited by Ssinfull on 10/6/2012 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well excuse me for posting on official WoW forums thinking the eployees of blizzard actually read their forums.

If there is anyone out there from blizzard who actually gives a !@#$ about their product, as a gamer who has been a loyal customer for almost 7 years, I am just fed up with having to be forced to waste my time doing dailies so I can better prepare myself for raids.

The Badges were originally given as a reward for downing content, so that you can still get some kind of reward if RNG was not on your side. But now it has just become a burden to the raiders. It is not fun. it is not new content. It does not take skill. it is mindless repeatable questing that any idiot with a 3rd grade reading level can do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]