Is it just me or do dig/fly type abilities...

90 Human Hunter
Have a really really bad hit chance? I didn't see anything about "has a high chance to miss" in the tooltip. am i really unlucky (i used it 5 times in a row, all missed) or is it bugged/intended?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
not as intended as it might otherwise be, also the abilities are prone to bugs themselves, so I would say that no...not working as intended.

basically if it's not written down on the ability then you should consider it a little suspect, there are plenty that DO state a high miss chance, and since these don't...fix incoming I hope :D
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
On the other side of the coin, I just had someone dodge my [Laser] earlier, which states it has a 100% hit chance.

Not sure what the deal is there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
On the other side of the coin, I just had someone dodge my [Laser] earlier...

Out of context, that quote is hilarious.

That aside, yes I've been noticing this too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Do people feel the probability of a hit should be displayed ... or be left something for players to datamine/discover?
Reply Quote
95 Orc Hunter
Minfernal's Meteor Strike move tends to do nothing when used. No hit, miss, or dodge. The pet just lands then returns to the standard position(occasionally after the battle system takes a moment to unfreeze its self).
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
10/04/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Tadkins
On the other side of the coin, I just had someone dodge my [Laser] earlier, which states it has a 100% hit chance.

My Ghostly Skull's Spectral Strike frequently misses when Darkness is up. Makes him pretty much unusable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Glad it's not just me. I really wish blizzard would add a hit chance to the tooltips, like how... yeah.. pokemon does it... but it really is needed, i'd like to know how likely it is that rng will kick me in the butt lol.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Reimmi
I really wish blizzard would add a hit chance to the tooltips, like how... yeah.. pokemon does it... but it really is needed, i'd like to know how likely it is that rng will kick me in the butt lol.

Do want.
Reply Quote
Am I the only one that wishes they would just remove the standard chance to miss/dodge? Honestly, it wouldn't throw off game balance at all. If anything it would strengthen the balance of the game. On more powerful abilities, you can trade off accuracy for power, but in general, if I use an ability it isn't overpowered or balance-breaking to assume that ability will go through and do what it is supposed to as opposed to a total random chance that it will do -nothing-, go on -cooldown-, and -waste- my turn. It detracts from player skill and planning, and in doing so removes a great deal of depth from the minigame.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]